Sign in to follow this  
InLambertWeTrust!

If City didnt exist...

Well,my first ever games that my dad took me to was Spurs v Stoke and Bolton in 78,so probably them![^o)]

Arsenal, the rest of my family arer all goonersOr im affraid to say it.... ( and the same for most people born in the Norwich area although im sure many will lie because its horrific !!! ) .....The Binners is the most obvious for most of us [:(]

I''d probably be a fake scouse as I''m a child of the ''80''s and have vivid memories of Barnes, Rush, Hanson and Co. putting many a team to the sword...

Sunderland.

My Grandad is a huge S''land fan and half of my family are from around there. Sunderland have always been my second team but nothing could really compare to or replace Norwich.

The other team I support is Hannover 96 in the Bundesliga (it''s where I was born!).  Over here it would have to be Sheffield Wednesday.  When I was ten (a long time ago!!) my aunt bought me my first football shirt and it was the old Wednesday shirt (blue with the white sleeves).  I''ve no idea why as my family have no connection with Sheffield and my aunt was from Leicester!  I''ve ended up working less than 5 miles from Hillsborough (fate or what!)

[quote user="CT "]which club would you support?

My answer is probably none. I didnt get into football until watching city v birmingham at cardiff.

I''m gonna throw it open to you guys now [Y]
[/quote]

Hence why you critise any form of casual/lad culture if you were there in the 80s on the terraces you would understand.

Probably Colchester, my Dad was offered a promotion there while he was still in the army which he turned down as the other option allowed us to come back to Norfolk where all the family are.

So if I wasn''t here, I''d be living there ;]

My answer is probably none. I didnt get into football until watching city v birmingham at cardiff.

[/quote]

Dereham Town

I would probably have very little interest in football at all. If it hasn''t got yellow and green involved then i''m not hugely interested. Hence I can never get particularly worked up about England games.

[/quote]

Just being nosey,but what dragged you along to that game in particular?

[quote user="CT "]Just had the opportunity to go and took it.

Sometimes I wish i had just said No [:P]
[/quote]

Ha,ha,too true mate!!!

Can''t really imagine life without City. They are the only team I care about. If they didn''t exist then Norfolk really would be a football backwater, like Cornwall! I think I''d probably support a London side as it would be relatively easy to get there for games now and again. I''ve got a soft spot for West Ham.

Having grown up in Canada and being NC brainwashed by the old man, my only other choices would be a now defunct ''soccer'' team or watching early morning NHL games of the Edmonton Oilers.

Probably Leyton Orient as my Grandad played a few games for them in the 50s.

Either that or Lowestoft.

Canadian Canary, Edmonton Oilers are my NHL team, so you should watch them really haha ;]

Again cos of my dad, he lived out there with the army and followed them when they still had Wayne Gretzky (that name should mean something to you) and won the Stanley Cup all through the 80s.

[quote user="johnjohnjohnnyjohn"]Canadian Canary, Edmonton Oilers are my NHL team, so you should watch them really haha ;] Again cos of my dad, he lived out there with the army and followed them when they still had Wayne Gretzky (that name should mean something to you) and won the Stanley Cup all through the 80s.[/quote]

Does indeed I was in Edmonton 78 to 85 so ''the best years''. Can''t wait till Winter Olympics 2010. Hopefully Team Canda win the gold Ice hockey medal. Watch what Edmonton games I can via the internet - season starts soon.

I''d have probably been a loose Pompey supporter due to family ties, before falling in love with Brighton when i went there for Uni.