Sign in to follow this  
Philipo87

Alnwick

Downloads, I have to admit also... becuase I was sitting in row B right in line with the penalty area so had a top seat to watch Rudd training... he looks to have come on leaps and bounds since last season, Crichton had nothing but praise for his efforts too... maybe PL is drip feeding him into the first team becuase of the demands on the goal keeping positions at carrow road with our leaky defenders...

[quote user="YankeeCanary"][quote user="Camuldonum"]

[quote user="Yellow Shirt"][quote user="Nuff Said"]Still want to know more about Roeder Mark II!!!! Worried!
[/quote]

Cam''s still smarting.

Lambert is clearly a serious and fairly dour humourless guy but I think that is where the similarilty with Roeder ends. We''ll see. I get the feeling that he is concentrating on the football rather than promoting his self image like Roeder did.
[/quote]

Absolutely not smarting.  I thought the way you went about it was wrong and I very much hope you will have to pay us hundreds of thousands but that''s football.

He did a good job shoring up our defence when he came in and has left us (I think) with a decent squad although blowing out Johnny Jackson was bad news this end (my opinion).  They just hated each other''s guts and I think, from a fan point of view, that it''s sad to see a decent player leave on those grounds rather than what he did on the pitch but that is also football currently.

I feel strangely liberated this end! He came, he saw and ******* off.  New or worse era with whoever the owner chooses lies ahead.  Youngsters get wound up about it but in my 54th season I think I have seen it all before.

Bring it on....or not as it turns out.[+o(]

I can''t do anything about it anyway and neither can you.

[/quote]

Cam, your opinion might have carried a little more weight if you had provided negative input on Paul Lambert before he left Colchester. You certainly are not shy about providing input on a wide range of topics. Surprising this one didn''t make the cut.

[/quote]

He came in, did a good job and then ****** off.

For all I know he could come into Norwich City, do a good job and then **** off.

Some of us, age permitting, will still be around after they have come in, done their good job bit and still ******* off.

But **** off, for their various reasons, they all most certainly will.

Leaving behind millions of fans who think the "own the club".

Hilarious.

Personally, I feel there was nothing Ben Alnwick could do on any of the goals as he was let down by his defence being out of position. He did what he could, where he could...making a wonderful save from Frazer Campbell in the process. His kick could also prove a key part of this season if he can start to link up with Holt''s head every now and again. Overall, I didn''t think the lad did too much wrong.

[quote user="Camuldonum"][quote user="YankeeCanary"][quote user="Camuldonum"]

[quote user="Yellow Shirt"][quote user="Nuff Said"]Still want to know more about Roeder Mark II!!!! Worried!
[/quote]

Cam''s still smarting.

Lambert is clearly a serious and fairly dour humourless guy but I think that is where the similarilty with Roeder ends. We''ll see. I get the feeling that he is concentrating on the football rather than promoting his self image like Roeder did.
[/quote]

Absolutely not smarting.  I thought the way you went about it was wrong and I very much hope you will have to pay us hundreds of thousands but that''s football.

He did a good job shoring up our defence when he came in and has left us (I think) with a decent squad although blowing out Johnny Jackson was bad news this end (my opinion).  They just hated each other''s guts and I think, from a fan point of view, that it''s sad to see a decent player leave on those grounds rather than what he did on the pitch but that is also football currently.

I feel strangely liberated this end! He came, he saw and ******* off.  New or worse era with whoever the owner chooses lies ahead.  Youngsters get wound up about it but in my 54th season I think I have seen it all before.

Bring it on....or not as it turns out.[+o(]

I can''t do anything about it anyway and neither can you.

[/quote]

Cam, your opinion might have carried a little more weight if you had provided negative input on Paul Lambert before he left Colchester. You certainly are not shy about providing input on a wide range of topics. Surprising this one didn''t make the cut.

[/quote]

He came in, did a good job and then ****** off.

For all I know he could come into Norwich City, do a good job and then **** off.

Some of us, age permitting, will still be around after they have come in, done their good job bit and still ******* off.

But **** off, for their various reasons, they all most certainly will.

Leaving behind millions of fans who think the "own the club".

Hilarious.

[/quote]

PS: I always back any manager appointed at Colchester and Lincoln.  I always go with that.  And when they punch me in the face I take it and move on and await the next one to do so. And so I am now waiting.[;)]

The club goes on.

I imagine we will be burning up the phone lines trying to get another keeper on loan.  Of course if it''s a keeper, we would not have him on loan, we''d keep him. Ha ha.

[quote user="TheGoogler"]Not convinced about Alnwick. He looks indecisive. But he''s massively better than Theo. Still, would like to see Lambert dip into the market for a keeper.
[/quote]

I agree that Alnwick is not good enough. Still think Theo will get another chance - I can''t believe he could be so bad again. We should put Rudd in now. He would probably have a few shaky games like Green did at the start of his career, and Lewis did at Peterborough but we need to help him make the leap and now is a good time.

[quote user="sgncfc"]

[quote user="TheGoogler"]Not convinced about Alnwick. He looks indecisive. But he''s massively better than Theo. Still, would like to see Lambert dip into the market for a keeper.
[/quote]

He would probably have a few shaky games like Green did at the start of his career, [/quote]

Green aged 20, had a superb debut against Ipswich at home.  He even managed to knock out one of our defenders and a Binner because he was decisive in clearing a ball.   IMHO., Rudd at 18 is not ready for regular action in our first team at the moment.