Sign in to follow this  
Philipo87

Alnwick

After watching the game tonight at the ground, I personally think that Alnwick needs to take control of his box and get off his line much much quicker. A number of times in the first half he was staying in his 6 yard box and letting the defenders pick up the ball rather than him taking a few steps forward and taking control. For the second goal (I think it was the one) I feel he could have come forward alot quicker and would have had a much better chance of preventing the goal. Again when Spillane was sent off, had he come for the ball alot sooner than he actualy did I feel he would have been able to make an easy clearence which would have prevented both the injury and the sending off as a push would not have been required.

Did anyone else notice this??

after the Theo mess i think you coulda put anyone who can catch a ball in goal and we woulda been happy.I dont really rate Alnwick to much to be honest, id like to see Rudd given a chance now, BUT.... we need to get points in the league...saying that if Alnwick is injured... realistically its Rudd or Theo

Not convinced about Alnwick. He looks indecisive. But he''s massively better than Theo. Still, would like to see Lambert dip into the market for a keeper.

[quote user="Nexus_Canary"]after the Theo mess i think you coulda put anyone who can catch a ball in goal and we woulda been happy.

I dont really rate Alnwick to much to be honest, id like to see Rudd given a chance now, BUT.... we need to get points in the league...
saying that if Alnwick is injured... realistically its Rudd or Theo
[/quote]

Or Cody ;)

I cant really comment about Theo... as I was playing cricket during the Colchester mess. I would agree that Alnwick looks very undecisive. Hopefully as me and my brother spotted how rubbish he was at controlling his box straight away, the goal keeping coaches would have also noted this and can sort this problem out soon!

Yeah, I''m not very convinced by him either.

Which puts us in a bit of a worrying situation really. I wouldn''t mind Rudd being given a go but I think we definitely need to sign a proven ''keeper. We''re looking very weak in that area at the moment.

[quote user="Nexus_Canary"]after the Theo mess i think you coulda put anyone who can catch a ball in goal and we woulda been happy.[/quote]CODY! :D

[quote user="Philipo87"]I cant really comment about Theo... as I was playing cricket during the Colchester mess. I would agree that Alnwick looks very undecisive. Hopefully as me and my brother spotted how rubbish he was at controlling his box straight away, the goal keeping coaches would have also noted this and can sort this problem out soon![/quote]

I saw it first hand, Theo deserves a second chance, but when he gets it I will be pooing myself every time the ball goes near him.So its a bit of a gamble

What''s the problem with giving Rudd a go before spending more money on another ''keeper?The boy really is cracking hot!

[quote user="LQ"]What''s the problem with giving Rudd a go before spending more money on another ''keeper?

The boy really is cracking hot!

[/quote]

Not that its much to go on, and I wasnt watching, but my brother said Rudd''s handling at half time when he was practicing was shocking! I didnt watch so I am unsure how accurate that was. Plus it was only warming up and half time so probs nothing to really worry about!

[quote user="Philipo87"]

After watching the game tonight at the ground, I personally think that Alnwick needs to take control of his box and get off his line much much quicker. A number of times in the first half he was staying in his 6 yard box and letting the defenders pick up the ball rather than him taking a few steps forward and taking control. For the second goal (I think it was the one) I feel he could have come forward alot quicker and would have had a much better chance of preventing the goal. Again when Spillane was sent off, had he come for the ball alot sooner than he actualy did I feel he would have been able to make an easy clearence which would have prevented both the injury and the sending off as a push would not have been required.

[/quote]

You may be correct in the overall but I don''t agree with the particular example you provided ( highlighted ). Spillane and Campbell started toward the ball which was close to them several yards outside the area, before Spillane pushed Campbell aside just outside the box. No way should the keeper have been that far out on a play that developed rapidly. 

[quote user="YankeeCanary"][quote user="Philipo87"]

[/quote]

You may be correct in the overall but I don''t agree with the particular example you provided ( highlighted ). Spillane and Campbell started toward the ball which was close to them several yards outside the area, before Spillane pushed Campbell aside just outside the box. No way should the keeper have been that far out on a play that developed rapidly. 

[/quote]

Maybe you are right as I have only seen it once from down the other end! Im not saying he should have got the ball before anyone else, what I mean is that if he was quicker to some off his line in the first place he would have met the ball another yard or 2 forwards, as opposed to half way between the 18 yard box and the pen spot. I think I do need another look for that example though.

[quote user="LQ"]What''s the problem with giving Rudd a go before spending more money on another ''keeper?

The boy really is cracking hot!

[/quote]

It will entirely depend on whether his personality gets on with Lambert or not, not on his ability.

To that extent Roeder Mark II.[;)]

[quote user="Camuldonum"]

[quote user="LQ"]What''s the problem with giving Rudd a go before spending more money on another ''keeper?The boy really is cracking hot!

[/quote]

It will entirely depend on whether his personality gets on with Lambert or not, not on his ability.

To that extent Roeder Mark II.[;)]

[/quote]Care to expand on that Cam? Not sure I''m very keen on that description. [:(]

Thanks for that, Cam.I had an inkling that may be the case when he came out on Saturday (and tonight) with footie boots on. Does he think he''ll get a game or something???[:S]

I think he is OK.  You''d be indecisive if you had to play behind our shambles of a midfield and defence.  I''ve not seen Rudd play but it would be great to have a homegrown keeper playing.  I''d prefer Lambert to get team defence sorted before shoving Rudd in as if we carry on having the sort of abberations we keep having this year with the youngster in goal it could really knock his confidence. 

[quote user="LQ"]What''s the problem with giving Rudd a go before spending more money on another ''keeper?The boy really is cracking hot!

[/quote]

The over rating of Rudd is similar to what Joe Lewis had as well!

Have you seen Rudd play?

Rudds got potential but hes nowhere near ready for 1st team football - Hes looks about 8 stone soaking wet, looks nervous when handling and would get absolutely run into the ground if he went into the 1st team now!

All this drivel about him being guaranteed to make the grade makes me boil particularly when it comes from fans who''ve never seen him play before who''ve read the well over the top articles about the boy.

Don''t get me wrong I hope that Rudd makes the grade and does well for Norwich but hes got a lot of improving even before he becomes a realistic proporsition for our 1st team!

If Alnwick cannot play Saturday then we''ll have big problems!

[quote user="LQ"]Thanks for that, Cam.

I had an inkling that may be the case when he came out on Saturday (and tonight) with footie boots on. Does he think he''ll get a game or something???

[:S]

[/quote]

It''s terribly macho dear.  Lost my respect when he monstored a player at a fans forum which beat Roeder''s "I don''t remember your tenure as the England manager" hands down.[+o(]

I just don''t think you should do that in public, personally, but I''m old and that''s just me.

CUSA, the hapless equivalent of NCISA (minus lovely old Tilly of course but with the addition of the lovely The Landlady)  lodged a complaint with a director.

They come and they go.[:D][:P]

[quote user="Nuff Said"]Still want to know more about Roeder Mark II!!!! Worried![/quote]Cam''s still smarting.Lambert is clearly a serious and fairly dour humourless guy but I think that is where the similarilty with Roeder ends. We''ll see. I get the feeling that he is concentrating on the football rather than promoting his self image like Roeder did.

"They come and they go"Ain''t that the truth!And ''GrantRoederDisaster'', yes I have. if I hadn''t seen what the boy is capable of I wouldn''t comment.

sounds to me that Alnwicks face injury is bad and from what lambert said... Rudd and only Rudd will deputise... aka Theoclitos NO CHANCE.

Ruddy was out training early for the Wycombe game working hard with Crichton... and is perhaps a sign he is sitting above Theo... MAYBE this Alnwick injury if it does stop him from playing saturday could be a blessing in disguise... a chance to get some games for Rudd before Alnwick eventually leaves...

Actually that sounded a bit off, its a crap reason for Rudd to have to play. Hope Alnwick gets well soon.

I just hope it is used as an opportunity to use Rudd rather than brining someone else in is all i meant.

[quote user="Yellow Shirt"][quote user="Nuff Said"]Still want to know more about Roeder Mark II!!!! Worried!
[/quote]

Cam''s still smarting.

Lambert is clearly a serious and fairly dour humourless guy but I think that is where the similarilty with Roeder ends. We''ll see. I get the feeling that he is concentrating on the football rather than promoting his self image like Roeder did.
[/quote]

Absolutely not smarting.  I thought the way you went about it was wrong and I very much hope you will have to pay us hundreds of thousands but that''s football.

He did a good job shoring up our defence when he came in and has left us (I think) with a decent squad although blowing out Johnny Jackson was bad news this end (my opinion).  They just hated each other''s guts and I think, from a fan point of view, that it''s sad to see a decent player leave on those grounds rather than what he did on the pitch but that is also football currently.

I feel strangely liberated this end! He came, he saw and ******* off.  New or worse era with whoever the owner chooses lies ahead.  Youngsters get wound up about it but in my 54th season I think I have seen it all before.

Bring it on....or not as it turns out.[+o(]

I can''t do anything about it anyway and neither can you.

[quote user="LQ"]"They come and they go"

Ain''t that the truth!

And ''GrantRoederDisaster'', yes I have. if I hadn''t seen what the boy is capable of I wouldn''t comment.

[/quote]

Good luck with yours and good luck with ours whoever that might be.[+o(][;)]

[quote user="Camuldonum"]

[quote user="Yellow Shirt"][quote user="Nuff Said"]Still want to know more about Roeder Mark II!!!! Worried!
[/quote]

Cam''s still smarting.

Lambert is clearly a serious and fairly dour humourless guy but I think that is where the similarilty with Roeder ends. We''ll see. I get the feeling that he is concentrating on the football rather than promoting his self image like Roeder did.
[/quote]

Absolutely not smarting.  I thought the way you went about it was wrong and I very much hope you will have to pay us hundreds of thousands but that''s football.

He did a good job shoring up our defence when he came in and has left us (I think) with a decent squad although blowing out Johnny Jackson was bad news this end (my opinion).  They just hated each other''s guts and I think, from a fan point of view, that it''s sad to see a decent player leave on those grounds rather than what he did on the pitch but that is also football currently.

I feel strangely liberated this end! He came, he saw and ******* off.  New or worse era with whoever the owner chooses lies ahead.  Youngsters get wound up about it but in my 54th season I think I have seen it all before.

Bring it on....or not as it turns out.[+o(]

I can''t do anything about it anyway and neither can you.

[/quote]

Cam, your opinion might have carried a little more weight if you had provided negative input on Paul Lambert before he left Colchester. You certainly are not shy about providing input on a wide range of topics. Surprising this one didn''t make the cut.