Sign in to follow this  
Beauseant

Why the NCISA witch hunt?

[quote user="yellow hammer"]It''s opinion that NCISA has something of a "split personality". On the one hand it raises money for the academy and sponsors a member of the coaching staff (I believe my facts on this are up to date) which puts NCSIA inside the tent. On the other hand NCISA is a critic of of the club when it feels the club is not looking after the best interests of the fans. This side of NCISA puts it outside of the tent. .[/quote]

NCISA are not sponsoring any member of the club''s management, players or coaching team this season, I asked that questions before the season started. Don''t think they are running the Canary Challenge either this season which used to raise money for the Academy but Kathy will no doubt confirm this.

So they are outside and not inside the tent this season. [:)]

An interesting point Yellow Hammer and one worthy of a personal response and a discussion at the next committee meeting.

I square the circle by saying that whatever we do as a group of fans in criticising elements of the Club or its employees, we still all are supporters of the Club itself and therefore fans of the Club.  As such we will always have elements we agree with despite the fact that we may be critical of other elements.

So I have no problem with criticising the directors for their administration of the club, whilst donating £500 to allow a youth team to attend a tournament.

However I agree that should we be in a position to criticise an individual, and then sponsor the said individual that would be untenable.  To my knowledge we have never supported anything or anyone that we have been critical of.

So I take the point on board but feel we have got it right so far.

[quote user="cityangel"]

[quote user="yellow hammer"]It''s opinion that NCISA has something of a "split personality". On the one hand it raises money for the academy and sponsors a member of the coaching staff (I believe my facts on this are up to date) which puts NCSIA inside the tent. On the other hand NCISA is a critic of of the club when it feels the club is not looking after the best interests of the fans. This side of NCISA puts it outside of the tent. .[/quote]

NCISA are not sponsoring any member of the club''s management, players or coaching team this season, I asked that questions before the season started. Don''t think they are running the Canary Challenge either this season which used to raise money for the Academy but Kathy will no doubt confirm this.

[/quote]

Well I did hedge my facts in parenthesis, City Angel, because I had discussed with John Tilson about what forms of action NCISA would take if push came to shove and he informed me then that NCISA were sponsoring one of the coaching staff. But that was last season and you may well be right that this season they are no longer doing so.

But my main thrust was whether NCISA could do both tasks and be effective at both tasks without conflict of interest.

Now don''t get me wrong. I''m not saying that it wrong for NCISA to do either of things - they are both worthy and should be done. I am asking whether it cause conflict and confusion among the fans just exactly what NCISA is there for.

Now I''ve heard it said they are there to put the fans'' interests in front of the club, bt obviously raising money and raising criticisms are both in the interests of the fans. So I think we have to push the envelop a little harder and perhaps NCISA would be better off to sharpen it''s focus a little.

As Blah says, should NCISA be in the tent or shouting from the outside? What would be the more effective approach? Would they be better off as an elected replacement for the current supporters consultative group or would they be more effective if they were seen to be more independent. To be honest, I don''t know the answer!

[quote user="yellow hammer"][quote user="cityangel"]

[/quote]

Well I did hedge my facts in parenthesis, City Angel, because I had discussed with John Tilson about what forms of action NCISA would take if push came to shove and he informed me then that NCISA were sponsoring one of the coaching staff. But that was last season and you may well be right that this season they are no longer doing so.

But my main thrust was whether NCISA could do both tasks and be effective at both tasks without conflict of interest.

Now don''t get me wrong. I''m not saying that it wrong for NCISA to do either of things - they are both worthy and should be done. I am asking whether it cause conflict and confusion among the fans just exactly what NCISA is there for.

Now I''ve heard it said they are there to put the fans'' interests in front of the club, bt obviously raising money and raising criticisms are both in the interests of the fans. So I think we have to push the envelop a little harder and perhaps NCISA would be better off to sharpen it''s focus a little.

As Blah says, should NCISA be in the tent or shouting from the outside? What would be the more effective approach? Would they be better off as an elected replacement for the current supporters consultative group or would they be more effective if they were seen to be more independent. To be honest, I don''t know the answer![/quote]

What do they do for either side of the tent? I''m not being rude, I just don''t know what value they add in any area in terms of debate, fund raising, leadership or whatever. 

Completely agree with Face on this: NCISA''s sponsorship of the post of the Assistant Manager (it was never sponsorship of the person who held the post) ended at the close of last season - as is clear in the matchday programmes.

However the committee has had a long-standing agreement to support the youth teams, which explains the £500 cheque presented on the pitch. Ricky Martin is coming to the AGM Forum to talk about this and answer questions.

Personally I would want NCISA to be outside the tent at present, more independent and more accessible to members and supporters. This means the committee can arrange meetings when necessary for fans to voice their feelings - and report back to the Board.

It obviously also means that the Board can refuse to listen, but I am reasonably confident that David McNally wants more fans'' involvement - and he needs to be questioned about this at the Forum.

As Face says, this is now certain to come up for discussion by the Committee.

[quote user="yellow hammer"]Well I did hedge my facts in parenthesis, City Angel, because I had discussed with John Tilson about what forms of action NCISA would take if push came to shove and he informed me then that NCISA were sponsoring one of the coaching staff. But that was last season and you may well be right that this season they are no longer doing so. But my main thrust was whether NCISA could do both tasks and be effective at both tasks without conflict of interest. Now don''t get me wrong. I''m not saying that it wrong for NCISA to do either of things - they are both worthy and should be done. I am asking whether it cause conflict and confusion among the fans just exactly what NCISA is there for. Now I''ve heard it said they are there to put the fans'' interests in front of the club, bt obviously raising money and raising criticisms are both in the interests of the fans. So I think we have to push the envelop a little harder and perhaps NCISA would be better off to sharpen it''s focus a little. As Blah says, should NCISA be in the tent or shouting from the outside? What would be the more effective approach? Would they be better off as an elected replacement for the current supporters consultative group or would they be more effective if they were seen to be more independent. To be honest, I don''t know the answer![/quote]

You make some good points YH. I myself also had concerns about them sponsoring a member of the management team which I saw as a conflict of interest and raised it with them so am glad they aren''t doing it this season. I don''t know all the answers either but as a member would like them to be firmly outside the tent.

[quote user="blahblahblah"][quote user="The Butler"]

[quote user="blahblahblah"]

So they chose the wrong moment?

You mean while people were making their minds up!

Did you mean doing them a dis-service?[/quote]

Pedantry is the last resort of those who know they have lost the argument.

Watch dogs don''t dig they bite. You have taken time to express your opinions am I not allowed my opinion also.[/quote]

There''s a scrap yard a mile or so from my house.  It''s got a big snarling dog out the back, and a barbed wire fence.  They are there for the yards'' security, but as a marketing statement, they are not very helpful.  I might need a door mirror for my car in future, but I wouldn''t go there, because of the guard dog and the fence.  Do you understand me now ?

Now imagine if you owned that scrap yard, and a big snarling dog turned up one day and started scaring off your customers to protect your yard.  You''re not doing them any favours.  Take a leaf out of faces'' book.
[/quote]

I think the dog would require a tetanus shot - if it unfortunately bit you...

[quote user="blahblahblah"][quote user="Tangible Fixed Assets anyone"]

[quote user="Metatron"]1) From having looked at WOTB, Kick It Off, carrowroad,net etc .[/quote]

Do you know their usernames for each of these websites?

Do you know which watering holes they use and whether they discuss football while frequenting these establishments?

[/quote]

yes, Yes we do, for our spies are ev-er-eee-where - Mwa ha ha ha ha haaaaaaaaa  !!!!!one!!! (strokes white cat and looks terrifyingly smug...)
[/quote]

Has your cat had a tetanus jab?

[quote user="Mello Yello"][quote user="blahblahblah"][quote user="Tangible Fixed Assets anyone"]

[quote user="Metatron"]1) From having looked at WOTB, Kick It Off, carrowroad,net etc .[/quote]

Do you know their usernames for each of these websites?

Do you know which watering holes they use and whether they discuss football while frequenting these establishments?

[/quote]

yes, Yes we do, for our spies are ev-er-eee-where - Mwa ha ha ha ha haaaaaaaaa  !!!!!one!!! (strokes white cat and looks terrifyingly smug...)
[/quote]

Has your cat had a tetanus jab?

[/quote]

And is it called ''Lisa?''.....Not the jab, but the cat.....