Sign in to follow this  
Hoolahans Ped

Been Up Colney Today

Today I made my trademark summer visit to Colney and saw Doherty, Hoolahan and Maric training with the youth team. This could mean that Doherty and Hoolahan could be moving on but I was confused to why Maric was over there and thought that surely we wouldn''t sell him because he''s hardly played. Also watched a game of two 11-a-side games. One side consisting of what I think must be the starting line-up for Saturdays game ...

Rudd

Semmy, Askou, Nelson, Drury

McVeigh, Smith, Hughes, Lappin

Holt, Cureton

... and the other including players such as Whaley, Mcdonald and other youngsters. If the above team is indeed the starting lin-up for the Hartlepool game then I, firstly, think that Lambert must think quite highly of Cureton and must think he''s worth a punt at this level and secondly, it is worth trying to secure  new defensive partenership in Askou and Nelson. I know that a lot of people that i''ve spoken to don''t rate Nelson because of his performance gainst Colchester but in my opinion, I think that everyone in that team was rubbish in that game but needs another chance (I would even give Theo one more chance, pehaps aginst Brentford in the JPT). Should be interesting! 

Exactly right.  We also can''t rely on players like Cody either because they are still getting used to things, I hope Cureton does well though.

Did Maric look like he was up for training or did he look disheartened?He can''t be that bad can he. Someone''s gotta ask him what''s going on if they see him.

Id be extremely annoyed if Maric was shown the door this early, most of us havnt even seen what hes capable of.

Cureton needs support though, it makes it even harder for players when they''re struggling when their own fans aren''t giving them a good reception, especially when he loves the club.

[quote user="Mason 47"]Id be extremely annoyed if Maric was shown the door this early, most of us havnt even seen what hes capable of.[/quote]

I''d assume that there wouldn''t be much too see if they got rid of him this early. If they think he''s decent then he''s going to get a chance and if not then it''ll be pretty safe to assume that he''s a duffer.

[quote user="YoungCanary"]Cureton needs support though, it makes it even harder for players when they''re struggling when their own fans aren''t giving them a good reception, especially when he loves the club.[/quote]

There isn''t any point in booing a player before the game but to be honest he''s an experienced professional footballer and he should be able to cope with a bit of stick from the crowd.

He''s had plenty of chances and he''s had enough support from the crowd. So far he''s delivered very little.

[quote user="GJP"]

[quote user="Mason 47"]Id be extremely annoyed if Maric was shown the door this early, most of us havnt even seen what hes capable of.[/quote]

I''d assume that there wouldn''t be much too see if they got rid of him this early. If they think he''s decent then he''s going to get a chance and if not then it''ll be pretty safe to assume that he''s a duffer.

[/quote]

But he scored against Airdrie and St Johnstone, there shouldn''t be any question of his quality!

[quote user="GJP"]

[quote user="YoungCanary"]Cureton needs support though, it makes it even harder for players when they''re struggling when their own fans aren''t giving them a good reception, especially when he loves the club.[/quote]

There isn''t any point in booing a player before the game but to be honest he''s an experienced professional footballer and he should be able to cope with a bit of stick from the crowd.

He''s had plenty of chances and he''s had enough support from the crowd. So far he''s delivered very little.

[/quote]

Past it and a waste of time picking him. If he plays then we''ll either have to hope for a draw or that a sub is used very early to replace ''barn door''.

Maric also scored a hat full of goals last season, i think he may have been top scorer for the whole division actually...

[quote user="CanaryKid2k9"]

Today I made my trademark summer visit to Colney and saw Doherty, Hoolahan and Maric training with the youth team. This could mean that Doherty and Hoolahan could be moving on but I was confused to why Maric was over there and thought that surely we wouldn''t sell him because he''s hardly played. Also watched a game of two 11-a-side games. One side consisting of what I think must be the starting line-up for Saturdays game ...

Rudd

Holt, Cureton

... and the other including players such as Whaley, Mcdonald and other youngsters. If the above team is indeed the starting lin-up for the Hartlepool game then I, firstly, think that Lambert must think quite highly of Cureton and must think he''s worth a punt at this level and secondly, it is worth trying to secure  new defensive partenership in Askou and Nelson. I know that a lot of people that i''ve spoken to don''t rate Nelson because of his performance gainst Colchester but in my opinion, I think that everyone in that team was rubbish in that game but needs another chance (I would even give Theo one more chance, pehaps aginst Brentford in the JPT). Should be interesting! 

[/quote]

He obviously don''t rate Maric maybe he''s a slacker in training,  or maybe they don''t see eye to eye or maybe Maric hates scottish people.

Lots of reasons

Maybe Lambert has already decided The Doc, Maric and Wes will be playing? It''s impossible to tell.

[quote user="Nuff Said"]Maybe Lambert has already decided The Doc, Maric and Wes will be playing? It''s impossible to tell.
[/quote]

Then surley he''d want them to play with the others who are playing? But you''re right, it''s hard to tell.

[quote user="crafty canary"][quote user="GJP"]

[/quote]

Past it and a waste of time picking him. If he plays then we''ll either have to hope for a draw or that a sub is used very early to replace ''barn door''.

[/quote]

Yaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaawwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn

Playing Nelson doesnt mean he is looking to make him and Askou the new partnership, just as Spillane is going to be out. Could indicate that Nelson is above Doc in the pecking order though.

With regards to Nelson, and whoever said that the whole team was rubbish against Colchester... My main concern is that Nelson was voted the fans worst player of the season. He does however deserve to be given a chance to show us he can give the team something and with Spillaine out it has to be him. Doherty was given some rope against Sunderland and he succeeded in hanging himself.

I thought Cureton did a fairly decent job against Wycombe. Granted he didn''t score but I thought he was a good member of the teams play as a whole. My thoughts on Cody starting is that he is absolutely run into the ground by 25 minutes in. Especially if Doherty is playing and it''s just being punted up the pitch for Cody to chase every single time. We all thought (and think) that with Holt up there Cody would be chasing his flick ons etc but even that''s not happening. My prime example of this was the Brentford game. Cody ran his heart out for everything. The team seemed to be aiming for Holt a lot more against Wycombe though and look how we played then. He is young, he does seem to have energy to burn and doesn''t complain about his role as the guy who has to chase everything. I just think that at the moment McDonald can offer more as a sub until we change our style of play. (Which we seem to be doing in the two games since Brentford)

Rudd

Holt, Cureton

... and the other including players such as Whaley, Mcdonald and other youngsters. If the above team is indeed the starting lin-up for the Hartlepool game then I, firstly, think that Lambert must think quite highly of Cureton and must think he''s worth a punt at this level and secondly, it is worth trying to secure  new defensive partenership in Askou and Nelson. I know that a lot of people that i''ve spoken to don''t rate Nelson because of his performance gainst Colchester but in my opinion, I think that everyone in that team was rubbish in that game but needs another chance  [/quote]

Hope you haven''t emailed that team to Hartlepool[:D]

Rudd

Holt, Cureton

[/quote]

Thats the end of that then!

http://www.canaries.co.uk/page/NewsDetails/0,,10355~1784552,00.html

Loose lips sinks ships

[quote user="USAcanary"][quote user="CanaryKid2k9"]

Rudd

Holt, Cureton

[/quote]

Thats the end of that then!

http://www.canaries.co.uk/page/NewsDetails/0,,10355~1784552,00.html

Loose lips sinks ships

[/quote]

Yeah,you could be right there USA.Isn''t that one of the things that Roeder got into a hissy fit about?