Sign in to follow this  
nutty nigel

Rays funds for the Academy with the Pink un Pickers.

I agree with ncfcstar. I''ve literally only joined free bet this season and, personally, I would feel guilty if I was given the task of picking. Other people have worked much harder than I have to keep this free bet going and they therefore deserve to pick IMO.

Thankyou GMF for looking after the free bet with so much care this week. It was bad luck that stopped you in the end but you still got 4 from 6 which is the same percentage as us PUPs managed with our selections. It was a brave attempt and I hope you enjoyed it.

With all the results now in I can report back with the stats : - 

It was a great effort this week. 65 PUPs selected with 52 correct making a success rate of 81%.

That leaves 16 PUPs  in joint top position on 100% after 4/4 correct selections. So well done Davo [*] Devon [*] Fonejck [*] Graham [*] Hughesy [*] Nana [*] Inchy [*] Leeds [*]  Bump [*] Shaun [*] Broadslim [*] Nutty [:O] Pboro [*] Shack [*] Sparkos [*] Tilly [*]

Who all also share the POM (PUP of the month) award for August.

This weeks naps were divided amongst 25 different teams with 17 being correct making a success rate of 68% which is up on both last weeks and the seasons average. The premiership was kind to us this week with 4/4 and is running at 71% for the season. Europe is holding up well again with a strike rate of 73%. The Championship has been the graveyard so far running at 47% for the season. The overall percentage for the season so far is 63%.

Thanks to all of you who have made comments about the rota and final selections. I have taken on board all your points and really appreciate the support you give. The new thread will be up on Wednesday so maybe it would be better to put any further comments on there to avoid confusion with the picks. Or even email or PM them to me.

I''ll be back on Wednesday with the new thread where our friend Shaun will be in charge and making the final selections.......[:)]............

I also think the Free Bet should stay as it is. I''ll give up my week of picking if someone is upset by their exclusion, but if its not broke, don''t fix it. And if there is anything about Norwich that isn''t broke, it''s the Free Bet.

Gutted to have lost my 100% record this week, but already looking forward to next week. I think i''m becoming an addict.

On the subject of the dilemna that NN has, I also think that things should remain the same. I know that people may think it''s easy for me to say that as i''ve had my turn this season, but I truely believe that this is the best way and that the top forty PUPs at the end of this season should be the pickers for next year,  if we are lucky enough to continue.   Nutty, you are doing an amazing job with the freebet and we are all very proud of you. Long may this continue.