Sign in to follow this  
nutty nigel

Rays funds for the Academy with the Pink un Pickers.

As Tottenham have started so well i''m gonna go for a spurs home win vs Birmingham.

Good luck everyone [:D]

[quote user="Sports Desk - Pete"]

[quote user="GMF"]Pete, slightly OT, but my email link doesn''t seem to be working properly, as messages keep bouncing back.[/quote]

That could be down to the user who you''re trying to email using a fake/closed email address when setting up an account (no longer possible but it was back in the day). Who are you trying to contact?

[/quote]

Pete - I''m trying to contact Nutty Nigel. Think it''s more to do with my account, as I had problems in the past and my User Name was switched to my then email address. If you look at my details you''ll see what I mean.

By my reckoning, I am the 46th different picker so far this week, and its only early Thursday evening! What a fantastic effort from PUP''s new and old, great to have selections from you all now isn''t it. There''s now more chance than ever to pick 6 winning Naps - good luck this week GMF.

Thanks again to everyone for last weekend. It was great, it really was - lets not forget the guy who made it all happen - Bless ya Ray.

So this weeks Nap leads me back to my favoured stomping ground the welsh premier. Its already been selected, but

THE NEW SAINTS V Airbus UK - HOME WIN.

Good to see another picker realising the welsh premier bears some wonderful fruit!

Leedscanary (Young Gun)

[quote user="GMF"][quote user="Sports Desk - Pete"]

[quote user="GMF"]Pete, slightly OT, but my email link doesn''t seem to be working properly, as messages keep bouncing back.[/quote]

That could be down to the user who you''re trying to email using a fake/closed email address when setting up an account (no longer possible but it was back in the day). Who are you trying to contact?

[/quote]

Pete - I''m trying to contact Nutty Nigel. Think it''s more to do with my account, as I had problems in the past and my User Name was switched to my then email address. If you look at my details you''ll see what I mean.

[/quote]

If the other email isn''t working then try :-

canaryeddie@aol.com

[quote user="leedscanary"]

By my reckoning, I am the 46th different picker so far this week, and its only early Thursday evening! What a fantastic effort from PUP''s new and old, great to have selections from you all now isn''t it. There''s now more chance than ever to pick 6 winning Naps - good luck this week GMF.

Thanks again to everyone for last weekend. It was great, it really was - lets not forget the guy who made it all happen - Bless ya Ray.

So this weeks Nap leads me back to my favoured stomping ground the welsh premier. Its already been selected, but

THE NEW SAINTS V Airbus UK - HOME WIN.

Good to see another picker realising the welsh premier bears some wonderful fruit!

Leedscanary (Young Gun)

[/quote]

And, having just done a quick tot up, there have been twenty different matches selected so far! Amazing! Keep them coming everyone!

I was tempted by several this week including Rangers and Shakhtar Donetsk.

In the end my ''nap'' had to be -

Dinamo Zagreb vs. Slaven Belupo - Dinamo victory.

Dinamo are on great form at home this season - P3 W3 D0 L0 F16 A1 GD15.  They have scored 16 in 3 home games and only conceded 1!  Slaven have played 2 away games this season and have failed to score in both of them, their away form this season is - P2 W0 D1 L1 F0 A2 GD-2. 

Good luck GMF, and good luck to all of the PUP''s too.[Y][:)]

A dip into the finish league...

HJK Helsinki vs RoPs - HOME WIN

Helskinki 2nd with 38 points after 20 games with a + 16 goal difference...whereas RoPs are second bottom with 15 points and a -19 goal difference! Seems a home banker too me, and Helski haven''t lost at home yet and RoPs have only won 1 away which was against the whipping boys at the bottom of the table.

I''m going to have to go north of the border again.

Can''t see past Rangers stuffing Hamilton at home.  RANGERS home WIN

Good luck!

I''m going to stick with the Prem, which so far has given me my only positive results!

I''m going for the Spurs bandwagon to roll on at home against Brum...

Nutty, what''s the current scores on the door? I think I''ve got 2 out of 3 picks correct so far...

Here we go folks, it always seems so easy to pick winners when someone else is making the selections, but, by my calculations, 24 different fixtures picked by 60 PUP''s!

Anyway, enough of the excuses, the GMF selection process follows its usual format, scanning all the fixtures throughout England (right down to the Conference North & South) Scotland (including the Highland League) plus the Welsh Premier. That lot is usually more than enough to produce 8 to 10 fixtures that look interesting and worth a punt. This week, however, I''ve cast the net wider to include European games from the main leagues abroad. That gave me a long list which I''ve finally reduced to the magic six, so, here goes!

First up seems a no brainer, CHELSEA vs Burnley - Home win. I expect Chelsea to win the Premiership at canter this season and I think Burnley won''t be the same team away from home as at Turf Moor this season. This is also the most popular selection with 14 fellow PUP''s so far having gone for this as their choice.

Second, up to the Scottish Premier, RANGERS vs Hamilton - Home win. Rangers are two wins from two and Hamilton have yet to score a goal, yet alone get a point!

Next up, back to the Premiership, TOTTENHAM vs Birmingham - Home Win. Many pundits seem to think that Spurs will blow up at some point, but they reallly should be too good for Brum, so another home win.

Fourth, to Germany and SCHALKE 04 vs SC Freiburg - Home win. If I''m honest, this one wasn''t on my radar, but fellow PUP''s made me give this one a closer look. Schalke 04 are 3rd in the league with 7 points from 9 are bottom placed with 1 point from 9.

Next up, and my personal NAP for the week, from the Blue Square South, CHELMSFORD CITY vs Bromley - Home win. The wheels came off big time last week for the Clarets, with a big loss away at Newport, but I fancy them to get things back on track with a big home win this week. Come on you Clarets!

Finally, to Holland, AZ ALKMAAR vs Williem - Home win. AZ are 9 points from 12, whereas Williem have just 3 from 12 with two defeats on their travels.

They look a very good set of picks GMF, I just hope Chelsmford don''t let us down as I''m sure their confidence will have been knocked after that defeat. Good luck