Sign in to follow this  
Dean Coneys boots

Why the Doc bashing

[quote user="Houston Canary"]During Mackay''s Norwich career, we had good seasons, promotion, playoffs, all the good stuff. What have we had since D''OH-erty rode into town on his donkey?  EEeeeeeAAaAwwwww.[/quote]Still shipped a hell of a lot of goals mate, difference is, we had a sturdier midfield and a strike force who could score for fun.

Who or why would anyone rate the Doc, everyone who hears I support Norwich they always mention does docerty still play for you? laughing everyone knows what a donkey he is.

And before people say ''oh he made one mistake against a 9 million pound striker'' any mistake always seems to follow with his name afterwards, get rid I say..... he has done his stint for Norwich time to move on....

[quote user="ellis206"][quote user="Houston Canary"]During Mackay''s Norwich career, we had good seasons, promotion, playoffs, all the good stuff. What have we had since D''OH-erty rode into town on his donkey?  EEeeeeeAAaAwwwww.[/quote]

Still shipped a hell of a lot of goals mate, difference is, we had a sturdier midfield and a strike force who could score for fun.
[/quote]

Maybe so, but we shipped goals at Wycombe too and scored 5 when D''OH-erty was out.  None of his defenders ever seem to argue with the fact that the team seems offensively importent when he is out there because he rarely ever seems to bring the ball up field effectively.  So sure, he stop lots of shots, but another part of his job is to get the ball going in the other direction.

[quote user="Nexus_Canary"][quote user="Doherty_The_Future"]Unfortunately for you, I created this account over a week ago (Before the Sunderland game FYI)  + 2 ego puff points to me. -1 point for you. I do believe I have spelt his name right in my username, but thanks for highlighting the spelling error in my post''s body. I can only improve upon what is already, a damn near perfect existence. Your feedback is incredibly constructive.P.S - '' If your gonna bust your load over him, spell his name right at least''. - I believe you mean''t to say - If you''re going to ''bust your load'' over him, the least you could do is spell his name correctly. But enough of this childish flirting. My opinion still stands - I believe he had more of a presence in the back line than the other ''Defenders''. But then everyone needs a scapegoat. [/quote]Why did you just re-type what I orignally said ? RIC, u juz wonted 2 b teh grammah nd spellin nazi init !!!!Wicked mate [8-|]Well judging by your name and opinion, you sir are obviously the village ''artard [/quote]

Would you like to come to my birthday party? We should just be friends now.

[quote user="Dean Coneys boots"]Honestly he has been the best defender today....yes mistakes were made against a 9million striker but even SKY gave him credit. I think some on here just love to knock him and dont know what they are on about.[/quote]

Bet he won''t get bashed after tonight''s game.

Was told 3 weeks ago that he was surplus to requirements, he told Lambert that if he changed his mind and was needed he would give his best and tonight we needed a defender and he shone through. Say what you like but credit where credit is due.

It''s called character Angel and The Doc has it in abundance. Strange that the player who is so surplus to requirements finished the game wearing the captains armband. It''s so obvious that Doherty has the respect of all the players and that''s why I find it so strange he gets no respect from so many fans. They say you have to earn respect, well Doc did that yet again tonight but how many are prepared to give it to him?

Lambert has a problem now. If he still picks The Doc when the others are fit will he lose the respect of the fans who hailed his decision to cast him aside?

[quote user="cityangel"]

[quote user="Dean Coneys boots"]Honestly he has been the best defender today....yes mistakes were made against a 9million striker but even SKY gave him credit. I think some on here just love to knock him and dont know what they are on about.[/quote]

Bet he won''t get bashed after tonight''s game.

Was told 3 weeks ago that he was surplus to requirements, he told Lambert that if he changed his mind and was needed he would give his best and tonight we needed a defender and he shone through. Say what you like but credit where credit is due.

[/quote]Agree with that CA, I don''t like the Donk, but tonight he was immense.

[quote user="nutty nigel"]

It''s called character Angel and The Doc has it in abundance. Strange that the player who is so surplus to requirements finished the game wearing the captains armband. It''s so obvious that Doherty has the respect of all the players and that''s why I find it so strange he gets no respect from so many fans. They say you have to earn respect, well Doc did that yet again tonight but how many are prepared to give it to him?

Lambert has a problem now. If he still picks The Doc when the others are fit will he lose the respect of the fans who hailed his decision to cast him aside?

[/quote]

He certainly showed his character tonight Nutty and with Nelson out for a month it gived him a chance to stake his claim for that position again. He didn''t want to leave and as you say is well respected by the other players, Holt made a point of proving that tonight, so lets hope that the fans give him a chance and get of his back.

[quote user="nutty nigel"]

[/quote] and

Good question Nutty.  On the recommendation of John Ward we hired with an option to buy a Barnsley no hoper called Kayode Odejayi and the Barnsley fans were quick to giggle on the board with what a useless no hoper he was and how we had been sold down the river.

Indeed it was stronger than that.  He was a useless ****** (it begins with a w and ends with an r).

6ft 4, 14 stone and with "pace" he seems to have taken on a new lease of life.

He frightened Hartlepool and last night he helped demolish the unbeaten Charlton with two goals - the last one an enormously brave header or, as he said, "Either I get my head knocked off by their keeper or I go for it."

Sometimes makes you wonder what fans know.[;)]

[quote user="Camuldonum"]

[quote user="Eurrrrrrrrgh"]Calumdung, do you ever sleep? You machine![/quote]

I''m on till 3.  7.30 a.m. start Wednesday.[:)]

[/quote]

Normally 7.30 am to Midnightish seven days a week but to give The Girl Upstairs who normally does 11 am to 3 am a break I sometimes cover her last three hours.[;)]

[quote user="Eurrrrrrrrgh"]ouch[/quote]

Sounds worse than it is.  Not much happens between midnight and 3 a.m.

The Sun have this evening endorsed the Tories to win the election.  Rupert has decided which side he is on. .[;)]

[quote user="Camuldonum"]

[quote user="Eurrrrrrrrgh"]ouch[/quote]

Sounds worse than it is.  Not much happens between midnight and 3 a.m.

The Sun have this evening endorsed the Tories to win the election.  Rupert has decided which side he is on. .[;)]

[/quote]

Watch out Gordo from now on in. [+o(][:P]