Sign in to follow this  
Dean Coneys boots

Why the Doc bashing

"Ultimately, Paul Lambert will decide which one of us is right! "  Correct! I''ve stated before that those on here against Doc, are of a fixed opinion, and it seems to me can''t wait for Doc to make a mistake to start yet another campaign against the man, who incidentally plays for Norwich City - why the ?@% can''t that be reserved for our opponents? I have seen far worse errors of judgemnent this season so far from Spillane and Askou and of course Semi, and all those errors have led to goals against. And those errors were committed against Wycombe for goodness sake, not a top half Premiership side with a multi million striker! Yes, I will wait on Lambert''s decision, based on unbiased and reasoned judgement of his squad, without any preconceived agenda. Then I for one will accept that judgement call, but will you lot, I wonder?

The worst player I have seen wear the shirt on a regular basis since I started following City in 1991. Why anyone can stand up for him is beyond me.Doherty''s distrubution is terrible, he simply can''t play football. He totally brainless. He hoofs it upfield and we lose it, all the bloody time! Do people miss this part? Keep the bloody ball and the other team can''t score, simple! He is without doubt the worst footballer in the team. Askou and Spillane were much better as they can actually distribute the ball from defence.He is too slow, he defends too deep and this badly affects the team. He gets nervous too, and this is infectious in the team.He can''t bloody head the ball either, so sense of direction. This is evident in the amount of free headers I''ve seen him waste from corners over the years, over the bar, every bloody time.He climbs all over players, pulls shirts and gives away silly fouls, a liability, plain and simple.The only thing Doherty can do is sliding tackle, but this normally results in him booting the ball into row Z.I simply can''t see what he offers the team, it''s beyond me, he is a joke. I always think that he must be loving it here, picking up a decent wage despite not being utter rubbish. We are mugs, he is probably a really nice guy with a good attitude which bodes well, but he can''t play football, ffs! I bet there would be no rush from other clubs to sign him if we made him available. Even looks out of his depth in League 1.I would be glad to drive him to his next club, even it was Sydney FC, and I would pay them money from my own pocket too, probably like many other NCFC fans.Please Lambart, see the light, it''s time to move on to a new era!

Re - The worst player I have seen wear the shirt on a regular basis since I started following City in 1991. Why anyone can stand up for him is beyond me.

Doherty''s distrubution is terrible, he simply can''t play football. He totally brainless. He hoofs it upfield and we lose it, all the bloody time! Do people miss this part? Keep the bloody ball and the other team can''t score, simple! He is without doubt the worst footballer in the team. Askou and Spillane were much better as they can actually distribute the ball from defence.

He is too slow, he defends too deep and this badly affects the team. He gets nervous too, and this is infectious in the team.

He can''t bloody head the ball either, so sense of direction. This is evident in the amount of free headers I''ve seen him waste from corners over the years, over the bar, every bloody time.

He climbs all over players, pulls shirts and gives away silly fouls, a liability, plain and simple.

The only thing Doherty can do is sliding tackle, but this normally results in him booting the ball into row Z.

I simply can''t see what he offers the team, it''s beyond me, he is a joke.

I always think that he must be loving it here, picking up a decent wage despite not being utter rubbish. We are mugs, he is probably a really nice guy with a good attitude which bodes well, but he can''t play football, ffs! I bet there would be no rush from other clubs to sign him if we made him available. Even looks out of his depth in League 1.

I would be glad to drive him to his next club, even it was Sydney FC, and I would pay them money from my own pocket too, probably like many other NCFC fans.

Please Lambart, see the light, it''s time to move on to a new era!

...I rest my case!

"I''ve stated before that those on here against Doc, are of a fixed opinion"Yes, we are. We can plainly see that he can''t play football. Unless he magically develops skills overnight then our opinion will never change!When I think of the other players in the team I can see some ability, but not Doherty.

[quote user="The_Logitian"]"I''ve stated before that those on here against Doc, are of a fixed opinion"

Yes, we are. We can plainly see that he can''t play football. Unless he magically develops skills overnight then our opinion will never change!

When I think of the other players in the team I can see some ability, but not Doherty.

[/quote]

Seldom have I seen such a biased load of old twaddle on this forum.

In a previous post you claim Doherty is the worst player you have seen play for Norwich. All I can say to that is "how lucky you are" because I have literally seen dozens who couldn''t lace his boots.

Please don''t get me started with Charlie Billington again!

[quote user="ricardo"]

[quote user="The_Logitian"]"I''ve stated before that those on here against Doc, are of a fixed opinion"

Yes, we are. We can plainly see that he can''t play football. Unless he magically develops skills overnight then our opinion will never change!

When I think of the other players in the team I can see some ability, but not Doherty.

[/quote]

In a previous post you claim Doherty is the worst player you have seen play for Norwich. All I can say to that is "how lucky you are" because I have literally seen dozens who couldn''t lace his boots.

[/quote]

However dreadful muffin (the Doc) might be you are quite right, there have been worse.  

Perhaps what is needed is some means of quantifying just how bad he is relative to some of the other turkeys we have had to suffer over the years either as loan players or permanent transfers. 

Let’s call this The Daryl Sutch Scale where a true stinker would score a full 10 and a true legend might be 1? 

10 – Sutch, Coote, Llewellyn

9 – Doherty, Andy Hughes, Paul Blades

8- Paul Dalglish,

6 -

4 – Lee Power,

3 – Robbins, Crook, Steeno

2- Malky, Hux, Greeno, Efan, Iwan

1 – Sutton, Eadie, Bellamy, Peters, Fashanu, Gordon, Keelan 

Anyway you get my drift, Doc is bad, Doc is ugly in so many different ways, Doc is a liability but importantly he isn’t a shyster who is keen to try and hide on the pitch and simply disappears, such things are the domain of only a  few and he is not one of them. 

Doc is 90% Sutchy Boy……………………………

[quote user="Bury Green"][quote user="ricardo"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

However dreadful muffin (the Doc) might be you are quite right, there have been worse.  

Perhaps what is needed is some means of quantifying just how bad he is relative to some of the other turkeys we have had to suffer over the years either as loan players or permanent transfers. 

Let’s call this The Daryl Sutch Scale where a true stinker would score a full 10 and a true legend might be 1? 

10 – Sutch, Coote, Llewellyn

9 – Doherty, Andy Hughes, Paul Blades

8- Paul Dalglish,

6 -

4 – Lee Power,

3 – Robbins, Crook, Steeno

2- Malky, Hux, Greeno, Efan, Iwan

1 – Sutton, Eadie, Bellamy, Peters, Fashanu, Gordon, Keelan 

Anyway you get my drift, Doc is bad, Doc is ugly in so many different ways, Doc is a liability but importantly he isn’t a shyster who is keen to try and hide on the pitch and simply disappears, such things are the domain of only a  few and he is not one of them. 

Doc is 90% Sutchy Boy……………………………

[/quote]

Hmm interesting thought BG.

On that scale I would put Charlie Billington at a 99 and thats being generous. Perhaps you should read the late Ardee''s comments about him. I can confirm the guy was a true wonder.

Some other 10''s must include Peter Vasper, Colin Worrel, Dean Coney, Gerry Howshall (on second thoughts he''s probably at least a 20), Ron Barnes etc etc and etc. Oh dear there were so many of them. How lucky that most of you younger ones didn''t have to witness that lot

Interesting Bury Green. There have been so many in my time, yet we loved a lot of ''em for various reasons[U] But...

[8]There was something in the air that night and you were shite Fernando[:O] Was a perfect ten!

I''ll give you Doc detractors "an in" to maybe get a few more on your side. Doc is certainly not or nowhere near the worst defender who ever played for us but he could be the worst to win the Barry Butler? But even that''s debateable.

[quote user="nutty nigel"]

Interesting Bury Green. There have been so many in my time, yet we loved a lot of ''em for various reasons[U] But...

[8]There was something in the air that night and you were shite Fernando[:O] Was a perfect ten!

I''ll give you Doc detractors "an in" to maybe get a few more on your side. Doc is certainly not or nowhere near the worst defender who ever played for us but he could be the worst to win the Barry Butler? But even that''s debateable.

[/quote]

He is at least as good Freddie Sharp and Colin Prophett, Nigel.

Just noticed that BG rates Hux a 2!!!!!!!!!!!

Surely you jest young man?

Martin Peters was probably the best player I have ever seen but nobody ever excited me the way Hux at his best did.

For me he has to be a 1 or even a 1*.

Good progress gentleman, we seem to be starting to unravel the whole Muffin debate.  

None the less I will have to bow to your superior years and refer to some of more elderly advisors on some of the dross you’ve referred to as I only started going in 1975, we were good then and pretty much remained so until 1995, anway back to the Sutch Scale of Carrow Roads most catastrophic. 

Muffin is brave, you won’t see him duck a  challenge, the only problem is he is so damn slow he doesn’t get to the ball quick enough to make one.  

Muffin can’t pass water, we were sat in the Community Upper (cup game and we fancied annoying some other sod for thee evening) and were generally observing ‘The Ginger One’ and sure enough he sent that rapier like pass a full sixty yards to absolutely nobody, Christ it even woke the ball boy up, there wasn’t a  yellow shirt in sight except for the poor sods sat in the River End. 

Muffin has absolutely no sense of timing, a few seasons back we went down to Selhust Park around Christmas time and sure enough Muffin made it another enjoyable trip to that rotten dump.  Once again he jumped into the tackle, fell over, hauled the striker down and got sent off.  Once again we crept out of south London with nothing, Merry Christmas Doc. 

Muffin can’t head a ball, time and time again whether we are attacking or defending the ball just seems to skim off his bonse like a bullet but absolutely not in the direction he intended it.   Malky wasn’t exactly the greatest player we have ever had either but by Christ he couldn’t half attack a ball with his head. 

You can go on and on about him and as for him being made MOTM you must be joking, had too much corporate hospitality been afforded?  

He had an absolute stinker last night but once again I am sat here thinking about driving up to Hartlepool this weekend and just hoping beyond hope that he is dropped because more than anything else I just don’t want to watch him play football for us even if he is a few percentage points short of being a  full on Sutchy Boy.

[quote user="ricardo"]

Martin Peters was probably the best player I have ever seen but nobody ever excited me the way Hux at his best did.

[/quote]

No I don’t, Hux was an absolutely fantastic player but would he make it into your all-time dream eleven which for me is pretty much where the ‘1’ on the Sutch Scale rates? 

Both Foxy and Disco were to my mind better out wide than Hux and if had to make a choice a very young Darren Eadie would probably take the left hand berth, excruciatingly close call none the less. 

Mind you we all have our peculiarities as although KK was an absolute legend, probably the greatest of all I would actually pick Chris Woods ahead of him for my Dream 11

Have to agree with Ricardo young Green. It''s Hucks for me. Oh and the great KK was a better keeper than Rob Green. He certainly packed a better right hook and Mrs Bury Yellow always fancied him (come to think of it she fancied Rob Green too)

Back to the more serious and worrying topic of the Great Muffin Man. Further up the board it was stated that we should see what Lambert does and that will decide who is right on this great divide. The divide being 5% for Muffin 95% against I think!!

I think we can see what Lambert thinks of him already. Selects him as a reserve and Holt retains the captaincy. Mmm nice!

I fear that due to Spillane being out we may see a few wayward headers, knee passes, arse slidings and panic creating at Hartlepool my little Bury chum!

[quote user="Bury Green"][quote user="ricardo"]

[/quote]

No I don’t, Hux was an absolutely fantastic player but would he make it into your all-time dream eleven which for me is pretty much where the ‘1’ on the Sutch Scale rates? 

Both Foxy and Disco were to my mind better out wide than Hux and if had to make a choice a very young Darren Eadie would probably take the left hand berth, excruciatingly close call none the less. 

Mind you we all have our peculiarities as although KK was an absolute legend, probably the greatest of all I would actually pick Chris Woods ahead of him for my Dream 11

[/quote]

Well everyone has to call as they see it but I think you will be in a minority on that one.

As to the keeper, we have had some good''uns but on balance I would take KK anytime.

Quite simply because he is awful!! He has had good games, but he would not get in many Championship or league 1 teams. We have a major problem at centre back, which causes the full backs to be even worse than they actually are!!!

[quote user="Nigel Worthless"]Quite simply because he is awful!! He has had good games, but he would not get in many Championship or league 1 teams. We have a major problem at centre back, which causes the full backs to be even worse than they actually are!!![/quote]

Or perhaps we have a major problem at fullback that makes the centre backs look worse than they actually are?

[quote user="ricardo"][quote user="Bury Green"][quote user="ricardo"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Well everyone has to call as they see it but I think you will be in a minority on that one.

As to the keeper, we have had some good''uns but on balance I would take KK anytime.

[/quote]

Indeed I am but the tragedy of Jockey (Darren Eadie) was his career was already on the turn by the time he got into his early mid twenties as week after week he got kicked off the park and whilst we got a pot of cash for him his career ended far to early. 

When he first arrived on the scene he was absolutely fantastic as David Bardsley discovered when he tore him to bits on his full debut at FCR back 1993, by 1997 he had been picked for the full England squad before the dreaded injuries did for him once again. 

Just think of that, we had just played Arnhem in the UEFA Cup, one of our own had just demolished a then full England international on his debut and here we are discussing bloody Muffin in the Third Division. 

BY, it was Chris Woods not Greeno, lovely lad but without the right hook of KK, Robson from Northampton iirc? 

The real problem with all this is for many of us who having been going week in week out is the crushing reality over the last few weeks of just how far we have fallen but now of course with a new glimmer of hope but come what may I simply don’t want to watch a player as ugly (in the football sense) as Muffin, not now, not ever. 

How many of us literally hold our breath when goes anywhere near the ball? I know I do

Ricardo - I said he is the worst player I have seen playing for a Norwich on a "regular" basis in my 18 years as a fan. There have been others that have come and gone who have probably been worse, but it seems The Doc (for some bizarre reason) has kept his jersey for some 185 games. Also, I don''t think my post was biased at all, I listed his strength, that he could sliding tackle, and I could have added that he was brave too, but apart from that I think the only thing he offers is being a liability. Yes Daryl Sutch was awful, but The Doc has caused me much more pain watching in the stands.

[quote user="The_Logitian"]Ricardo - I said he is the worst player I have seen playing for a Norwich on a "regular" basis in my 18 years as a fan. There have been others that have come and gone who have probably been worse, but it seems The Doc (for some bizarre reason) has kept his jersey for some 185 games. Also, I don''t think my post was biased at all, I listed his strength, that he could sliding tackle, and I could have added that he was brave too, but apart from that I think the only thing he offers is being a liability.

Yes Daryl Sutch was awful, but The Doc has caused me much more pain watching in the stands.
[/quote]

Close your eyes and think back to the Millennium Stadium, awful isn’t it

[quote user="Bury Green"]

[quote user="The_Logitian"]Ricardo - I said he is the worst player I have seen playing for a Norwich on a "regular" basis in my 18 years as a fan. There have been others that have come and gone who have probably been worse, but it seems The Doc (for some bizarre reason) has kept his jersey for some 185 games. Also, I don''t think my post was biased at all, I listed his strength, that he could sliding tackle, and I could have added that he was brave too, but apart from that I think the only thing he offers is being a liability.

Yes Daryl Sutch was awful, but The Doc has caused me much more pain watching in the stands.
[/quote]

Close your eyes and think back to the Millennium Stadium, awful isn’t it

[/quote]

I know he missed a penalty in Cardiff but my overriding memory of that day was Clint Easton hoofing the ball away in extra time to no one at all up field. Besides, for all that we deride Sutch, he was part of a very successful Norwich side at the start of his career, anyone remember his goal against Villa in 1993ish at Villa Park?

At least Sutch can look back on his City career with some pride, he played a part in getting Norwich to our highest ever league position, played against Bayern and Inter home and away and played for us in a play off final. All this from an Ipswich supporting youth team product. To categorise these achievements along side an experienced international player who has twice been relegated with us and captained us during our worse ever home defeat is somewhat harsh I think.

My overriding memory of that day was Iwans goal. That goal is right up there with the very best memories. The atmosphere, the belief, the disappointment later can never come close. Why do so many people only remember the negatives.

A wonderful goal Nutty and a great memory indeed! I smashed my sunglasses whilst jumping on my mates in celebration.

I was mainly referring to Easton as my overriding memory of poor play rather to qualify it with the performance of such.

Although you may call it a negative another memory I have of the day was getting back to our hotel post match to see my mate'' girlfriend who uttered the words - ''oh, never mind, it''s only a game....''

Grrrr.......

They have thankfully split up now.

I mean to say -

A wonderful goal Nutty and a great memory indeed! I smashed my sunglasses whilst jumping on my mates in celebration.

I was mainly referring to Easton as my overriding memory of poor play rather than of the day as a whole and to qualify it with the performance of Sutch.

Although you may call it a negative another memory I have of the day was getting back to our hotel post match to see my mate'' girlfriend who uttered the words - ''oh, never mind, it''s only a game....''

Grrrr.......

They have thankfully split up now.

[quote user="The Ghost of Percy Varco"]A wonderful goal Nutty and a great memory indeed! I smashed my sunglasses whilst jumping on my mates in celebration. I was mainly referring to Easton as my overriding memory of poor play rather to qualify it with the performance of such. Although you may call it a negative another memory I have of the day was getting back to our hotel post match to see my mate'' girlfriend who uttered the words - ''oh, never mind, it''s only a game....'' Grrrr....... They have thankfully split up now.[/quote]

Glad he dumped her Ghost [Y]

Now what about Iwans penalty? Pressure?? What pressure!! He picked the ball up.. strode down to the Brummie fans and smashed the ball down their throats into the back of the net[Y] My memory is failing after that..................................................

[quote user="The_Logitian"]The worst player I have seen wear the shirt on a regular basis since I started following City in 1991. Why anyone can stand up for him is beyond me.Doherty''s distrubution is terrible, he simply can''t play football. He totally brainless. He hoofs it upfield and we lose it, all the bloody time! Do people miss this part? Keep the bloody ball and the other team can''t score, simple! He is without doubt the worst footballer in the team. Askou and Spillane were much better as they can actually distribute the ball from defence.He is too slow, he defends too deep and this badly affects the team. He gets nervous too, and this is infectious in the team.He can''t bloody head the ball either, so sense of direction. This is evident in the amount of free headers I''ve seen him waste from corners over the years, over the bar, every bloody time.He climbs all over players, pulls shirts and gives away silly fouls, a liability, plain and simple.The only thing Doherty can do is sliding tackle, but this normally results in him booting the ball into row Z.I simply can''t see what he offers the team, it''s beyond me, he is a joke. I always think that he must be loving it here, picking up a decent wage despite not being utter rubbish. We are mugs, he is probably a really nice guy with a good attitude which bodes well, but he can''t play football, ffs! I bet there would be no rush from other clubs to sign him if we made him available. Even looks out of his depth in League 1.I would be glad to drive him to his next club, even it was Sydney FC, and I would pay them money from my own pocket too, probably like many other NCFC fans.Please Lambart, see the light, it''s time to move on to a new era!

[/quote]You have just explained Malky................

During Mackay''s Norwich career, we had good seasons, promotion, playoffs, all the good stuff. What have we had since D''OH-erty rode into town on his donkey?  EEeeeeeAAaAwwwww.