Sign in to follow this  
Dean Coneys boots

Why the Doc bashing

Better add me to that list too wiz as i thought the doc played well apart from his one mistake and totally agree with DCB, no where near the worst player on the pitch tonight which would have to be whaley closely followed by OTJ who just seemed to stroll about not doing much

[quote user="Lincs CR"]not a problem, as I said no disrespect... someone claimed you gave him a man of the match award :)[/quote]Wouldn''t dare mate, as frustrated as ever by the donkey [Y][;)]And until i''m being paid a fair price for my footballing opinion as a pundit on the tele, i can hardly complain about my ''non-professional'' opinion. [;)]

No not all DCB, just think people on here dont actually watch the game and jump on the bandwagon, he made ONE mistake and apart from that done ok. Yeah he slipped over and trod on the ball but he recovered and took the ball, nipped in and disposed reid when he was about to get his third. Would like to see Doc play with Saturdays midfield and then perhaps we may see. Midfield tonight looked well short of third division quality and yet no one mentions them, i wonder why?????

Why does his one mistake always lead to a goal.

We can''t have any mistakes of monumental proportions if we are going to keep a clean sheet.

[quote user="matt crowhurst"]Better add me to that list too wiz as i thought the doc played well apart from his one mistake and totally agree with DCB, no where near the worst player on the pitch tonight which would have to be whaley closely followed by OTJ who just seemed to stroll about not doing much
[/quote]

How about when he commited three fouls one after the other on one man.

Shirt pulling,tripping,holding.

The man is a total farce has been ever since Worthy signed him.

One of the worst center backs we have ever had.

To me he is the shinning torch that has led us to the third division.

[quote user="The Butler"]

[quote user="matt crowhurst"]Better add me to that list too wiz as i thought the doc played well apart from his one mistake and totally agree with DCB, no where near the worst player on the pitch tonight which would have to be whaley closely followed by OTJ who just seemed to stroll about not doing much
[/quote]

[/quote]

Agreed Butler - and don''t forget those three fouls were committed inside the box too. [8-)]

If your talking about the incident with Campbell yes the pulled shirt was probaby a foul but was outside the box and done on the blind side as every decent defender in the premiership does every week and i couldnt see how the commentator could say there were two more. What about taking the ball of reids toes as about to shoot for his third, what about the headers he won? notice these never get mentioned because they dont fit with peoples vendettas

The doc didn''t have a great game today but there is a lot of bandwaggon jumpers at the min. I''m not a massive fan of his but im also fair he wasnt the worst payer on the pitch tonight. I wouldn''t really want him in the first team however im not sure we have much choice as against wycombe we looked venerable to balls lumped up to a big man if we dont have a man at the back that can deal with those balls we will concede bags of goals all season.

Your not alone, I rate the Doc as well, people on here just jump on the bandwagon, and think that all of our problems are down to the Doc, they will ignore the good games he has, and as soon as he has a bad game (which all footballers do) or makes a mistake, a hundred threads appear on here slating him, its pathetic and your all sheep. Otsemobor has been our worst defender by a mile, was totally shocking last year, and the worst defender I''ve seen at City in 10 years, but people still rate him and thinks he has potential, Spillane gets himself sent off tonight, and no one is moaning about that, why not? Whaley was at fault for the second goal, and Tudur Jones scored a stupid own goal, yet your moaning about the Doc? Who by the way not so long ago won player of the season, and last year came 3rd in player of the season, just goes to show how people on this board really are in the minority.

[quote user="leedscanary"][quote user="The Butler"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Agreed Butler - and don''t forget those three fouls were committed inside the box too. [8-)]

[/quote]

just becuase the sky commentator picked up the "3" fouls, to be honest only the shirt pulling was a foul and it goes on rather alot in football. All centre backs will grapple to some extent with the forwards. So why didn''t we get a penalty for the shove on Daley in the first half? I admit he did look poor tonight, but I think he is a better player than this usually. The shirt pulling is something he should cut down on though.

The reason for the Donkerty bashing is just that everytime something that is awkward for him to deal with comes his way... He literally crumbles! Kenwyne Jones turned, Donkerty fell over... When Reid chipped Alnwick, if that hits the bar and comes out, Frazier Campbell would have just tapped it in as Donkerty yet again was flat on his face for no reason... WHY!!!!!!!!!

Doc is crap, he is a curse on the club, until he leaves we will continue to sink until we reach his true level - the Ridgeons league. Remember he wasn''t bought to be a main CB, more a squad player. Our over reliance on a nervous, slow, clumsy, deep lying defender is an embarassment.

CDA - you are the arse. Lambo - get Doherty out or face the fury.

[quote user="ellis206"]Your not alone, I rate the Doc as well, people on here just jump on the bandwagon, and think that all of our problems are down to the Doc, they will ignore the good games he has, and as soon as he has a bad game (which all footballers do) or makes a mistake, a hundred threads appear on here slating him, its pathetic and your all sheep. Otsemobor has been our worst defender by a mile, was totally shocking last year, and the worst defender I''ve seen at City in 10 years, but people still rate him and thinks he has potential, Spillane gets himself sent off tonight, and no one is moaning about that, why not? Whaley was at fault for the second goal, and Tudur Jones scored a stupid own goal, yet your moaning about the Doc? Who by the way not so long ago won player of the season, and last year came 3rd in player of the season, just goes to show how people on this board really are in the minority.
[/quote]

Don''t start on player of the season.

Ye gods that idiot Croft won it last year which proves something.

The only way the witch Doc should get player of the year is if he is the only player left. Then I would still have doubts.

He is a total liability, an accident waiting to happen, and it does.

It is no coincidence that he has seen 2 relegations and a crap defensive record what was it 90+goals conceded last year.

He is supposed to be the senior defender!!

Spurs could not wait to get rid of him and we were daft enough to pay them. Thanks Mr W. I saw him laughing in the crowd tonight.

Worthys revenge!!

[quote user="shefcanary"]Doc is crap, he is a curse on the club, until he leaves we will continue to sink until we reach his true level - the Ridgeons league.[/quote]Oh dear, what incredible drivel.He was rubbish tonight though.

Why the Doc bashing?

Cos a lot of Norwich fans love to have someone to hate. Sometimes just plain ignorance.

As for the game tonight... you always had to fear the worst when you saw Kenwyne Jones on the team sheet, plus Campbell as well.

Didn''t think either centreback was particularly convincing, Doc probably handled them slightly better. But he is that bit bigger and stronger than Spillane is, which showed tonight.

It''ll be very interesting to see who emerges as the the first choice centrebacks this season. We need to defend better than we have been doing, that is for sure. But I suspect people who think Lambert will get rid of Doherty are probably going to be in for a little bit of a surprise.

What a load of drivel!

Yes the Doc is limited otherwise he wouldn''t be with us and he makes mistakes but hes a scapegoat made by blinkered sheep!

We had all this Sh*t last season when we got supposedly better CBs in messrs Stefanovic and Kennedy yet still the Doc was our best CB last season and was one of our best players not that, that was difficult!

Tonight yes his mistake led to the 1st Sunderland goal but what about the mistake for their 2nd goal and Spillanes challange which got him sent of and also what about Askous mistake for Wycombes 1st goal on Saturday?

Other than the mistake for the 1st goal he had a solid game and the shirt pulling incident was a case of 50/50 as the Doc was having his shirt pulled as well!

Spillane isn''t strong enough in the air and Askou while good at scoring headed goals is much more of a defensive liability than the Doc!

Doc good games for Norwich outweighs his bad games and hes our best CB but lets not get in the way of the truth and lets jump on the bandwagon - The Doc was to blame for both world wars and the dark ages plague!

What a lot of pathetic nonsense from the Doc haters. He won virtually everything in the air and restricted Kenwyne Jones to very few chances.

He had a decent game against good Premiership strikers. A lot of this critisism is getting well over the top

"Askou while good at scoring headed goals is much more of a defensive liability than the Doc"As Askou has only played two or three games, I think that it is a little quick to judge, don''t you?

"We had all this Sh*t last season when we got supposedly better CBs in messrs Stefanovic and Kennedy yet still the Doc was our best CB last season and was one of our best players not that, that was difficult!"

er...Stef got injured fairly early in the season afetr a very promising start with Kennedy alongside him.

Had Stef stayed fit then he would have been the best CB by a country mile - and he would have been Captain.

Stef''s injury meant a return for the Doc who, I agree, played some decent games. However, his errors make everyone around him nervous.

Last Saturday the CB pairing looked pretty calm and assured, apart from the two errors. Doc looks like an accident waiting to happen with his rugby-tackling ways and awful headers (always up in the air).

This is not something new, or a ''bandwagon''. I''ve never been convinced by his ability as a CB.

[quote user="ricardo"]

What a lot of pathetic nonsense from the Doc haters. He won virtually everything in the air and restricted Kenwyne Jones to very few chances.

He had a decent game against good Premiership strikers. A lot of this critisism is getting well over the top

[/quote]I do agree with this but I thought he was poor tonight albeit against quality players, though it is getting incredibly tiresome.

I have been on this "bandwagon" for 4 years, he was an awful signing. If he was any good he would have left by now, cos someone would have come in for him. We will see Paul Lambert thinks, hopefully he will join the "bandwagon". Fwiw I think we have very few good (as in League 1 good) defenders at this club and if the arguement who replaces him in the current squad, I would agree we don''t have any great alternatives. If Lambert has any wriggle room in the transfer market it has to go on and getting a good centre back and right back imo. I am sure we will score enough goals to contend in this division and not sure we will keep enough out.

He was poor tonight, no escaping that and it was also his error that turned the game.Although i would rather someone else had a run in the side,  i really don''t think some of the venomous remarks flying around are necessary.