Sign in to follow this  
BedsCanary

Totally outsang

Not since we were 2-0 at Portman Road have I seen so many home fans so quiet. We totally outsang Spurs today and going on the faces of their fans who sat staring at us and the noise we were making in disbelief, I''d say there aren''t many fans who go there and bring the house down.

They could hear us in Westminster.

(Apologies:ifa thread like this one have already started; I''ve only just got in.&nbsp

Yep, the 2nd-half away support was fantastic - I was in the North Stand today unfortunately, so for example could only chant ''Green-o'' while the fans around were chanting ''Keane-o''!  To be fair though the home support was good and not confined to only a few sections unlike some clubs. 

When the Spurs crowd got going they easily drowned out the Norwich fans - at least from where we were sitting, which wasn''t even a particularly noisy part.  Still, at least we don''t play inspirational video clips inside the stands of our team winning from the 1970s- or continually play ancient team songs from long-gone ''glory'' days over the tannoy.

Anyway good on you everyone who was in the away end - especially whoever started "What the &&&&ing hell was that?" when they missed the goal, "Are you watching Eriksson?" and the revised "England''s, England''s No. 2!" song.

Greeno - what a star!  Had a great view of his best saves, worth the entrance money alone.

I was (un)fortunate enough to be in a box today - "No football Shirts allowed" "you''re with Spurs fans so shut up" (fairs fair we''d expect the same of any away fans in with us at FCR but we were behind tinted glass)*- from the relayed sound in the box not only were we the loudest we were the clearest...Best two I agree were the "England''s Number two" and "what the f was that" chant where the Spurs fans could only respond with "who the f are you?" not very clever!

Great day out nontheless - not many fingernails left but I think if we carry on giving as vocal away support it can only lift the team...Anfield will be the test.

OTBC

*You may have noticed our box we were the ones wearing green and yellow football shirts in the front with the First Division Champions banner on the wall!