Sign in to follow this  
vman

press conference 10am

Except Adkins has won two promotions from this league in the last three years?Why does nobody think that counts for anything?(Yes I know we''re not getting him, but this sort of thing annoys me...)

I think the problem is that a huge part of management nowadays is pr. We all saw the impact that bringing in Keane had down the road. I am not saying he is a better manager than any of the three I mentioned before, but being a ''name'' he brings with him a certain gravitas that reinvigorates the club.

I just hope whoever we appoint is backed by the board a bit better than Gunn.

I said in a post yesterday that I was a bit cheesed off with the 3 potential managers, but I had a think last night and would seriously like it to be Adkins.

It feels like Robins,  and the only alternative is probably Adkins.

Well - will know in under 50 mins..

Your chief exec referred specifically to wanting someone with experience at a big club with high expectations. Which to me means its not Adkins but could be Lambert (Celtic)

If it is Mark Robins I can see the good times returning.* A good manager who has done a great job at Rotherham and is a member of the "good old days". I seriously think it would be great if it is him.  *better times than the last few years anyway.

I am sure that I have heard/read taht we aren''t after someone associated with the club already, which would rule out Robins...

Anyone else heard that?

Lambert seems like his stock is rising, and he has doen plenty in his playing career too. Just go to Wikipedia for a butchers

indeed plus Lambert has won the champions league.  Is he any good at signing players though Colchester seemed quite pacy which is a start..we are so slow its unreal

[quote user="Soldier on"]

indeed plus Lambert has won the champions league.  Is he any good at signing players though Colchester seemed quite pacy which is a start..we are so slow its unreal

[/quote]

Shouldn''t think he''ll have much money to spend anyhow

[quote user="B-ru"]

I am sure that I have heard/read taht we aren''t after someone associated with the club already, which would rule out Robins...

Anyone else heard that?

Lambert seems like his stock is rising, and he has doen plenty in his playing career too. Just go to Wikipedia for a butchers

[/quote]Not quite - McNasty said that conection to the club wasn''t relevant so it could technically still be Robins.

[quote user="B-ru"]

I am sure that I have heard/read taht we aren''t after someone associated with the club already, which would rule out Robins...[/quote]

He said it was irrelevant whether the manager had a link or not,  not that he did not have a link.

And doesnt playing for manure fit the bill of links to a club with high expectations??