Sign in to follow this  
Cantley

Situation - not bad

West Brom are in turmoil with a lame duck manager, Blackburn are rudderless, and Palace are below us. We just have to stay above these three basket cases and we''ll be fine!

I agree with this - with so many clubs rocking internally it will affect them on the pitch.  We have a stable club with a group of players committed to each other where increased understanding will get us points.  IMO this is an excellent season for us to be in the prem and we have a real opportunity to survive.

However I am not expecting too many points from the next couple of games and have always maintained that our season really starts on 2nd Oct.

Having said that I would love to see us take something from today''s game other than more plucky norwich quotes...

OTBC

this is exactly what we want.

Even a place above relagation, even if its by goal difference i wouldnt care. Aslong as we survive it would be great!

C''mon Lads!

Fool, I thought pretty much the same thing when I saw yesterday''s results come in. But I think Blackburn will sort themselves out though. And as Zipper says, october will really be a big month for us.

It still bugs me that we didn''t beat Palace on the opening day as we should have done though. It was interesting hearing Sam Allardyce on Football Focus yesterday. He was saying how he never plays new foreign signings at the start of the season anymore, having seen how long it takes them to adjust to the pace of the game to the cost of the team points-wise. Bolton are currently third.

I guess Worthy has just learnt that lesson the hard way as well.

Very true - one thing Allardyce does know is how to deal with foreign signings. We''ve now created a potential problem in that because Helveg and Jonson have not looked so great in their games so far, the fans may be less receptive to them meaning they''ll need to ''prove'' themselves more than other signings - a bit unfair on them.

I still reckon they are up to it, I just hope the fans give them the time they need - they may well then prove to be great signings; I thought Jonson has shown some good touches so far (and nearly set up a winner v Geordies), if looking off the pace a bit; Helveg hasn''t really played a great deal, but you don''t get 90 caps for Denmark by being rubbish.

Very true Branston, and Worthy really will be in a pickle if they start playing well. He can only pick 11 at a time.

Lets hope Southampton make a really bizarre managerial appointment and there is always hope when you are playing in the same league as Man City

I started this on another thread, but there really is a lot of teams of a similar standed down there.

palace: don''t have the players, the money and might lose dowie.

west brom: hard to play for a manager who might not be there come end of season.

saints: awful defence, midfield and weak management team they could really be the ones to watch, in terms of relegation.

man city:vastly overrated, take away anelka, james, wright phillips and they''re awful. shocking defence.

everton: not as good as the points tally says and moyes is a genius if he keeps them out of the battle.

pompey: home advantage might keep em safe, but they will struggle this season too.

blackburn: shocking defence, can''t score goals, managerless, a lot depends on who they appoint hughes or dowie will lead them to safety, someone else could drag em down, pray they get walter smith

I really think there''s a great chance of staying up, provided we keep playing as we are and look to strengthen in january.