Sign in to follow this  
a1canary

1st Half v Wigan - Usual away frailties!

I didn''t go to the game but was listenting on Radio Nfk and it sounded absolutely dire. Hearing the description of Fleming coming out of defence with his arms out imploring somebody to give him an option in midfield gave me nightmares of my uni days in the late 90s when we used to follow city away in the north west. They were sooo bad, timid and hopeless, usually trying to hide themselves on the pitch so they don''t get passed to. And playing like crabs as soon as they get into the final third - always sideways.
Sounds like the second half was an improvement but it shows how far we still have to go if we are still capable of putting in first half performances like that.
We should have one of the best midfields in the league so for god''s sake get the defence to use it away like we do at home. I think that''s why we''re so poor away when teams are pressuring us more. We end up booting out of defence which means it is just gonna come straight back again and we''re never gonna be able to withstand the constant pressure that creates. If you looked at any stats i''m sure you''d see our midfield sees precious little of the ball away from home compared to at home.

I finally found a posting other than the Chinese hacks ... interesting to read of old problems 🙂 

Also a great demonstration of how far we’ve come as a club since then. No shrugging or arm-waving as we methodically and efficiently move the ball out from the back. How times change.

37 minutes ago, Petriix said:

Also a great demonstration of how far we’ve come as a club since then. No shrugging or arm-waving as we methodically and efficiently move the ball out from the back. How times change.

I was thinking the same thing, but the second tier in general. Nearly every team tries to play out from the back nowadays.

11 hours ago, Wacky Waving Inflatable Arm Flailing Tube Man said:

I was thinking the same thing, but the second tier in general. Nearly every team tries to play out from the back nowadays.

....probably why 1p5wich were relegated 🤭