Sign in to follow this  
Norwich4Evz

Lambert: Good or Bad

I''m alright with it. The last incumbent wasn''t even a manager so some easy improvement there! People are slating his stats but they aren''t bad especially considering his funds. Also I believe we will be thanking Gunn in hindsight for bringing some decent players in. Keep eyes peeled for the Whaleys, Holts, Askous etc to perform under the new boss..... Optimistic ? Yes ok but as I keep saying, I''ll applaud until appauled. Good luck to him!

Good appointment, I am pleased  that Paul Lambert decided to join us. Given the way he turned Colchester around from relegation candidates in October last year I would have not been surprised to see him join a Championship side. I know we have a vast fan base and wonderful facilities etc etc but look at what we are now, a struggling Div One team with an untried squad of journeymen players, a vast debt and shattered confidence. It was never really on to have attracted Gordon Strachan or most of the names that have been mentioned over the last few days.

The bizarre events of the last few days could only be completed by Bryan Gunn and Jamie Cureton forming the new management team at Colchester and making Michael Theoklotis (query spelling) their first signing, maybe we would make a gift of him as compensation for Lamberts loss.

Very good

At last a Young well respected manager who has worked hard to get were he is today!!!.

Don''t forget Martin O''neill was in a very similar position before his breif time here????

Rolling contract too can work both ways but if we are winning and going up the leagues he will stay!!!.

[quote user="Romantic"]I''m alright with it. The last incumbent wasn''t even a manager so some easy improvement there! People are slating his stats but they aren''t bad especially considering his funds. Also I believe we will be thanking Gunn in hindsight for bringing some decent players in. Keep eyes peeled for the Whaleys, Holts, Askous etc to perform under the new boss..... Optimistic ? Yes ok but as I keep saying, I''ll applaud until appauled. Good luck to him!
[/quote]

Agree with your post Romantic! I want to give him all my support until proen otherwise