Sign in to follow this  
Norwich4Evz

Lambert: Good or Bad

Underwhelming. We need a man who has a record of getting teams out of this division on limited resources, not a man who has been working in the division for less than a year.

Good. Young manager, good record with no cash, no massive ego (I believe) despite being an excellent player himself.

The key to this season will be being organised and I believe lambert will give us this, gunn never would have.

Time will tell. Too early to say but seems as if the board are naive and going on the fact that colchester are top after 2 games beat us convincingly so he must be the man for the job. We dont seem to get along with scottish manageers either, hope he''ll be a success for everyones sake we deserve a change in fortune!!!!! :)

New start so let''s just get behind the new management team. He hasn''t even started yet so let''s just see shall we and he has worked well with limited budgets at both Wycombe and Colchester.

[quote user="Lord Flashheart"]Underwhelming. We need a man who has a record of getting teams out of this division on limited resources, not a man who has been working in the division for less than a year.
[/quote]

My thoughts too, I am underwhelmed, but will support him until he gives me reason not to.

[quote user="WeAreYellows49"]

[quote user="Lord Flashheart"]Underwhelming. We need a man who has a record of getting teams out of this division on limited resources, not a man who has been working in the division for less than a year.[/quote]

My thoughts too, I am underwhelmed, but will support him until he gives me reason not to.

[/quote]He has my full support but for a team that constantly say that their top priority is getting out

of this division, I don''t quite see the reasoning behind appointing a

manager that has never done it before. Still, onward and upward. [Y]

[quote user="Lord Flashheart"][quote user="WeAreYellows49"]

[quote user="Lord Flashheart"]Underwhelming. We need a man who has a record of getting teams out of this division on limited resources, not a man who has been working in the division for less than a year.
[/quote]

[/quote]

He has my full support but for a team that constantly say that their top priority is getting out of this division, I don''t quite see the reasoning behind appointing a manager that has never done it before. Still, onward and upward. [Y]
[/quote]

Indeed, I just hope they have this right this time, otherwise I fear for our club.

I''m not saying it is a bad appointment but yet again another underwhelming appointment from City.  New faces at board level but no change in the ability to appoint a manager with the right experience.  People were praising McNally for getting rid of Gunn but we needed a manager with much more experience than the one we have got.He could well turn out to be a good choice but I can''t lie, I have my doubts......................

he is shrewd, they will have good team spirit and will be battlers,im unsure as to his style of football and even aspects like contacts and his player selection.i will support him though as his record is on the up and it seems as though he is maturing into a fine manageri hope.

It''s easy to feel underwhelmed but only because people were floating names like Coppell and Strachan about ... with League One status, 1 point from 6, a capricious Board and the transfer budget spent (on very average players) were names of that calibre actually attainable?

Wake up and smell the coffee - Lambert was probably the best of a fairly uninspiring list.

If bringing Lambert in gives us an attacking edge, the ability to press opponents when we don''t have the ball, and if he can bring in some pace on the wings too, I think things are looking good.  His win rate is good, he''s not won a promotion or anything yet, but Colchester certainly have looked in good shape at the start of the season.

Extremely underwhelmed.  But having got over the initail shock of yet another giant leap into mediocrity I am willing, as always, to put my personal thoughts aside and fully support him.

The biggest plus point is that it has put an end to the guessing game and multi-multi-multiple posts on the subject.  It also allows us all to flick the proverbial bird at all those who said " I know it''s......... coz my mate knows him, his dog, his cleaner........"

Thank god it''s over..........  for now. 

(Stayed tuned for the next exciting instalment of "Norwich City''s Got A New Manager", back on our screens in the new year)

[quote user="Broadstairs Canary"]

It''s easy to feel underwhelmed but only because people were floating names like Coppell and Strachan about ... with League One status, 1 point from 6, a capricious Board and the transfer budget spent (on very average players) were names of that calibre actually attainable?

Wake up and smell the coffee - Lambert was probably the best of a fairly uninspiring list.

[/quote]Totally agree.  Less than a year in this Division, but in that time he''s done nothing but good - his stock is clearly on the rise.

They must be hoping that lightening will strike twice (reference Mike Walker was Colchester Manager before joining us).

Other than that I can''t see a logical reason for the change unless it was the 7-1 result.

And what happens if lightening doesn''t strike twice and he isn''t any better than the previous 3 - get another one in after Xmas ?

We''re just throwing good money after bad.

Not impreessed wish the board had taken more time & a better choice.But wot the heck good luck to him