Sign in to follow this  
Hardhouse44

hmmm!

Yes well Paul Lambert. Ok I''ll admit I know very little about him. Easy to look up his record, hardly world class resume. Who knows might be just the sort of young on the way up sort of manager we need. However if I was cynical I could also say he just the sort of man I expected them to appoint because he just the sort of manager who will be given time by our kindly group of fans. It could easily be perceived that his appointment is just the type that will relieve pressure on the board by virtue of him being who he is and us fans being who we are. Nice young manager needing time to settle and bed in, we''ll also have all the he need his own players guff, which by the way from what I can gather he will if he is to have any success.We have to ask ourselves this. Is he going to be backed financially or expected to work miracles with what we have. With my cynical head back on I expect the latter and also say that if it is the latter I''d expect us to be right back where we we''re this morning in 7 or 8 months time. Waiting for the announcement of yet another manager who give that task of appeasing 24000 fans on a school boy pocket money budget.Good luck Paul I''m sure you can''t do any worse that the last three who tried and spectacularly failed.

[quote user="Hardhouse44"]Yes well Paul Lambert. Ok I''ll admit I know very little about him. Easy to look up his record, hardly world class resume.

Who knows might be just the sort of young on the way up sort of manager we need. However if I was cynical I could also say he just the sort of man I expected them to appoint because he just the sort of manager who will be given time by our kindly group of fans. It could easily be perceived that his appointment is just the type that will relieve pressure on the board by virtue of him being who he is and us fans being who we are. Nice young manager needing time to settle and bed in, we''ll also have all the he need his own players guff, which by the way from what I can gather he will if he is to have any success.

We have to ask ourselves this. Is he going to be backed financially or expected to work miracles with what we have. With my cynical head back on I expect the latter and also say that if it is the latter I''d expect us to be right back where we we''re this morning in 7 or 8 months time. Waiting for the announcement of yet another manager who give that task of appeasing 24000 fans on a school boy pocket money budget.

Good luck Paul I''m sure you can''t do any worse that the last three who tried and spectacularly failed.
[/quote]

Neither are we!

Hells bells I was right about it being the sort of appointment that will relieve pressure on the board. I''ve just read on another thread that Wiz is going to give him twenty games at least.Good on you Wiz. So should we all.OTBC

The Col U fans who have spoken on here seem to think that Lambert is a man in a hurry to be successful, which doesn''t really equate with the suggestion that we''ll give him time.  They give the impression that Lambert won''t give himself time for failure, and in that sense he seems to have something in common with McNally.  I get the impression that our club is developing a hard edge.

[quote user="CDMullins"]

[quote user="Hardhouse44"]Yes well Paul Lambert. Ok I''ll admit I know very little about him. Easy to look up his record, hardly world class resume. Who knows might be just the sort of young on the way up sort of manager we need. However if I was cynical I could also say he just the sort of man I expected them to appoint because he just the sort of manager who will be given time by our kindly group of fans. It could easily be perceived that his appointment is just the type that will relieve pressure on the board by virtue of him being who he is and us fans being who we are. Nice young manager needing time to settle and bed in, we''ll also have all the he need his own players guff, which by the way from what I can gather he will if he is to have any success.We have to ask ourselves this. Is he going to be backed financially or expected to work miracles with what we have. With my cynical head back on I expect the latter and also say that if it is the latter I''d expect us to be right back where we we''re this morning in 7 or 8 months time. Waiting for the announcement of yet another manager who give that task of appeasing 24000 fans on a school boy pocket money budget.Good luck Paul I''m sure you can''t do any worse that the last three who tried and spectacularly failed. [/quote]

Neither are we!

[/quote]absolutely agree. My post wasn''t in any way a dig at the guy, just

my musings on maybe why we appointed him. Don''t forget many fans on

here are a fickle bunch. Mr wonderful turns in to ratboy sometimes over

night on here.

Not my style name calling. Just exercising my thoughts. I prefer reason and discussion to name calling and spouting bile.

Good luck to the guy. I''m hoping for great things.

[quote user="blahblahblah"]The Col U fans who have spoken on here seem to think that Lambert is a man in a hurry to be successful, which doesn''t really equate with the suggestion that we''ll give him time.  They give the impression that Lambert won''t give himself time for failure, and in that sense he seems to have something in common with McNally.  I get the impression that our club is developing a hard edge.[/quote]Let hope your right. But with the current resources I would be be suprised if Jose could make us promotion contenders, and don''t forget McNally has said that promotion remains our only goal "This" season.Rome wasn''t built in a day and I don''t believe in miracles. Do we have the players blahX3. I don''t think so. So Is there any money now to spend? If Lambert didn''t ask that question or is prepared to accept that there isn''t he must either be very confident of his ability or not is a much of a hurry for success as you might think.