Sign in to follow this  
Carlton Canary

One Year Rolling-Contract....

I must admit, quite pleased with the appointment of Paul Lambert, he has the right mentality and is one of the best young managers out there... Just slightly concerned by the contract... Does it mean if we don''t go up, he is gone? I don''t want a new manager every 6 months or season, I want abit of consistency as I am sure many of you are...

All that said, well done Norwich City on a good appointment!

[quote user="Bouncebackability"]

I must admit, quite pleased with the appointment of Paul Lambert, he has the right mentality and is one of the best young managers out there... Just slightly concerned by the contract... Does it mean if we don''t go up, he is gone? I don''t want a new manager every 6 months or season, I want abit of consistency as I am sure many of you are...

[/quote]

That''s the best thing about it. If we don''t go up, he should be gone. He came in given the job of promotion - if he fails (like Gunn in his job of avoiding relegation) then he should go.

If we offered a 2 or 3 year contract and wanted to get rid it would be more compensation. I think it''s the best possible contract length we could have offered [Y]

I''m sure I''ve read somewhere Lambert says he thrives off the pressure of a rolling contract. I think its a good thing, it gives him incentive to earn his renewal as opposed to sitting on his pay cheque.

Lambert left Wycombe after they lost a play-off final, I guess if he feels that he can''t achieve then he''ll be off.  And fair play to him for that.

[quote user="When Saturday Comes"]It also means if we sack him we don''t have to pay lots of compensation, like the last 3. Plus, if he starts well we can offer him a longer deal.[/quote]

Fair point from you both... Didn''t think about it that way! Suppose I was thinking a little to optimistically! :)

[quote user="Bouncebackability"]

[/quote]

A one year rolling contract means that at any point in the future he still has one year left on his contract. That means that if we sack him then we only pay one year''s compensation. That''s far better than giving him a long contract.

I thought he answered the question about the one year contract particularly impressively - doesn''t that add to the pressure, the interviewer said. The only pressure I need is winning games, that''s all that matters, said Lambo (or words to that effect)...