Sign in to follow this  
vman

culverhouse has also quit colchester

Also interesting is the confirmation that we approached Colchester after their game on Saturday

(from the above link)

"I can confirm that First Team Manager Paul Lambert, Assistant Manager Ian Culverhouse and Football Operations Manager Gary Karsa have all left the U''s to take up positions at Norwich City.

I received a call from Norwich''s Chairman, Alan Bowkett on Saturday, about 30 minutes after our win against Yeovil.

Alan asked me for permission to appoint Paul Lambert as their manager. I was in our boardroom entertaining the Yeovil directors at the time so I told Alan that I would call him back later. "

Read the rest of the story too - seems like our Board were pretty ruthless about getting ''their'' man.

[quote user="Metatron"]Also interesting is the confirmation that we approached Colchester after their game on Saturday (from the above link) "I can confirm that First Team Manager Paul Lambert, Assistant Manager Ian Culverhouse and Football Operations Manager Gary Karsa have all left the U''s to take up positions at Norwich City. I received a call from Norwich''s Chairman, Alan Bowkett on Saturday, about 30 minutes after our win against Yeovil. Alan asked me for permission to appoint Paul Lambert as their manager. I was in our boardroom entertaining the Yeovil directors at the time so I told Alan that I would call him back later. " Read the rest of the story too - seems like our Board were pretty ruthless about getting ''their'' man.[/quote]

Sounds a desperate act to me

Why ''desperate''?

Sorry, I don''t understand your point.

What would you rather? They asked for permission to speak to him and then meekly accepted a ''no''?

If they were convinced that he was the man for the job (and whether he is or not, only time will tell) then as a Club we have FOR ONCE gone out and got our No. 1 target, from another Club, and very quickly at that.

[quote user="Metatron"]Why ''desperate''?

Sorry, I don''t understand your point.

What would you rather? They asked for permission to speak to him and then meekly accepted a ''no''?

If they were convinced that he was the man for the job (and whether he is or not, only time will tell) then as a Club we have FOR ONCE gone out and got our No. 1 target, from another Club, and very quickly at that.[/quote]Agreed Metatron, I don''t think it smacks of desperation at all, just a determined CEO getting his man.

[quote user="Metatron"]Why ''desperate''? Sorry, I don''t understand your point. What would you rather? They asked for permission to speak to him and then meekly accepted a ''no''? If they were convinced that he was the man for the job (and whether he is or not, only time will tell) then as a Club we have FOR ONCE gone out and got our No. 1 target, from another Club, and very quickly at that.[/quote]Very impressed with the club identifying their target and going and getting him, it''s a long time since we did that. NOne of these pointless long interviews.

[quote user="Duffman"]Who or what is a ''Football Operations Manager'' ?

Gary Karsa held that role at ColU.
[/quote]Whatever it is , looks like we might be getting one.

[quote user="Metatron"]Why ''desperate''? Sorry, I don''t understand your point. What would you rather? They asked for permission to speak to him and then meekly accepted a ''no''? If they were convinced that he was the man for the job (and whether he is or not, only time will tell) then as a Club we have FOR ONCE gone out and got our No. 1 target, from another Club, and very quickly at that.[/quote]

So we just so happen to ask ColU''s manager to join us after they have whopped us 1-7, it''s just my opinion, and last time I knew I was allowed one [:)]

WAY49 - I didn''t say you weren''t entitled to your opinion, I just asked you to explain what you meant by ''desperate''.

I still don''t understand what you meant by that.

If I recall correctly, you weren''t very happy with Gunn.

[quote user="WeAreYellows49"]

[quote user="Metatron"]Why ''desperate''? Sorry, I don''t understand your point. What would you rather? They asked for permission to speak to him and then meekly accepted a ''no''? If they were convinced that he was the man for the job (and whether he is or not, only time will tell) then as a Club we have FOR ONCE gone out and got our No. 1 target, from another Club, and very quickly at that.[/quote]

So we just so happen to ask ColU''s manager to join us after they have whopped us 1-7, it''s just my opinion, and last time I knew I was allowed one [:)]

[/quote]And last time I knew people were allowed to disagree with you.

That''s more like it, jack boots on,wade into the other club and raid it,then walk away with the family jewels.Could you doncaster doing that.[:D][:D]

personally i am well impressed as to how we went about getting lambert its about time we had someone with some b*****ks here , mind not happy bout what they did to gunny and how they did it but thats the otherside of the coin i suppose