Sign in to follow this  
HOCKEYMYHERO

LETS ALL GIVE LAMBERT A CHANCE

Lambert may not be the choice of everyone and we all have reasons for this guy or that guy but he at least warrants a fare crack .

I wish him well its time this club had a change of fortune .

I have so far been impressed with our David Mcnally he is to my mind doing things his way [ Gunny could have been delt with a bit more tactful though ] and is in my view leading the board forward at a good pace .

I think its fair to say that apart from the usual mob, most of us are very pleased with this appointment,  Young hungry, recent playing experience at the highest level, tenatious, good win ratio and is i the asendency as a manager, is bringing Norwich hero''s with him.  I can''t see what people expect.  If they believe that for a second someone like Coppell, Jewell, Curbishley etc would come here when we are in league one with no cash then they are only fooling themselves.

He wouldn''t have been my choice BUT he is at least a proper manager with a reasonable record of success and as such he''s the best appointment to the role we''ve had since Rioch. Finally we''ve gone about things like a club that are more interested in winning than being polite. It''s a step forward in my opinion.

We don''t have to all be happy and dancing a jig, but one thing you can say about NC fans is that once it comes to KO time they get behin the players and management.

Not exactly an exciting signing but he will get my backing until he proves he doesn''t deserve it.

Once we''ve given him the customary chance, will we still be playing league football?

[quote user="Frank"]Yeah, just like we gave Grant, Roeder and Gunn a chance...

What a great idea![/quote]Said the person who''s only other post is knocking Lambert,I smell a blue bin licker.Gunn never had my support but Lambert will.

[quote user="Frank"]Once we''ve given him the customary chance, will we still be playing league football?[/quote]And who exactly did you want to be our next manager?

Interesting to note that he signed a one year rolling contract, therefore cheap to bullet if it doesn''t work. Shrewd thinking from Mr McNally...

i think its a good appointment and will support him , he is going to need a bit of time to sort things but he has a pretty decent player pool to start with but am wondering about if he has any money to spend on players tho

I have to agree with Frank here, having seen all these hopeful responses when Grant and Roeder were appointed. Look down below at the posts before the appointment was made and see just how much mismatch there is between expectation and reality in these responses now! It''s comical!

I agree - good appointment. Young, enthusiastic, nearly took Wycombe to the Laegue Cup Final from Division 4

Also I''ve always thought he''s an interesting character - doesn''t do the standard footballer things .

eg going to Germany from Motherwell and winning the Champions lllleague with Dortmund.

He also got his training badges in Germany.

Makes me think he "thinks outside the box" a bit

[quote user="chichcanary"]

I agree - good appointment. Young, enthusiastic, nearly took Wycombe to the Laegue Cup Final from Division 4

[/quote]

So what? I once turned £20 into £500 betting on horses I knew absolutely nothing about. It''s called "luck".

Yes, let''s give him a chance, and for once hope that the moaners will hold off for a decent period. Let''s give him a chance, because frankly we are really doomed if we sow dispute and discord within the CR crowd.Whether or not he was our choice, let''s give him time. I personally think that there is going to be a long rocky road before we get anywhere. Some were crowing about his superior tactics when they thrashed us - if to pick your two fastest strikers, whom you would have picked anyway, against probably the slowest CB pairing in the division, and then take all the chances gifted by our players, and score 7 without really playing well, then he is a super tactician.I desperately hope that he proves to be the answer, but let''s be patient and supportive.Above all, let''s hope that he is given some real money to buy one or two decent players in the next two weeks.