Sign in to follow this  
Viva_Marc_Libbra

If we'd lost 7-1 to Yeovil....

What would have happened if we had Yeovil in the league and Colchester in the cup and the results were the same, so 7-1 loss against Yeovil and a 4-0 win away at Colchester. Would we still have had the same appointment, probably not. It''s amazing how Norwich City lurches from one disaster to another.

*I apologise profusely for the rumour that Nigel Adkins was to become the new manager, I was misinfored and will never leave another rumour thread again, unless it''s the truth this time ;)*

I would like to think there was more to it than appointing Lambert because his team stuffed us 1-7. It''s been reported that McNally worked with him before, so presumably he knows what he is capable of.I admit the appointment is not awe-inspiring, but what else could we realistically expect at this level - how about we at least give him one game to see what he can do with the squad eh?

No I completely agree with that sentiment I''m not nailing it before we see our team play. I''ll get behind the team as much as the next man. BUT would if of happened? I think it probably wouldn''t have which doesn''t give me much faith in the board. I thought McNally was going to be good, but some decision look less than thought through. Saying that having heard what you''ve just said about previous experience with Lambo it''s not as bad as it seemed 5 minutes ago.

If we''d lost 7-1 to Yeovil, their manager would now be ours and we''d be saying "yah boo sucks, we''re a really big club and we have your manager now"

If we''d lost 7-1 to Yeovil, McNally would still have brought in Lambert.  He''s brought him in on the basis of their time at Celtic I reckon, not because his team stuffed ours.

Utter tosh the appointment or utter tosh my opinion? Would they board risk a appointment the team we''d just smashed (Results reversed) I doubt it, they want someone we''ll all get behind, if the last game we beat them 4-0 I doubt that''d happen (I''m ignorning Exeter by the way),

I hope you''re right for the sake of the fans faith in the "new" Norwich Board. They seem to be making the right noises, a rolling contract for example. If he''s shit we get rid without spending hundreds of thousands releasing him from our expensive contract.

I fail to see how this appointment meets McNally''s criteria of a proven manager and justifies the disgusting way Gunn was sacked. City have descended to a new low.

It may be that Lambert will prove to be an inspiring manager, but I can''t see anything in his record that indicates that this will be the case, but at least it''s a rolling contract so there will be less than a season to pay off in compenation if it all goes wrong. More money down the drain for an underwelming (just exactly where is the ''proven'' bit about Lambert!) who will be on his way in a matter of months.

No long-term development, bemused players, little future except for edging closer to administration. Disillusioned?  I reckon that the decision to sack Gunn was a 3-3 split with the new directors following McNally''s lead and winning the day with the Chairman having the casting vote. In the usual fashion, once the decision was made, the others conceded for the sake of unity to declare it unanimous.

This is a ''new board'' decision, so that is where the responsibility lies if it all goes pear-shaped.

Utter tosh that we''d have hired Yeovil''s manager had we lost to them in the same way.

I''m sure in my mind, that McNally has wanted this since he came aboard, and it was lined up in advance, possibly before the start of the season. Not that Gunn knew, or that was handled well, but this is overall, great news for City - ruthless board, good manager, and a good squad (thanks to Gunny!). Feels like the start of a new season, from tomorrow...

I didn''t say we''d hire Yeovil''s manager cos that''s Terry Skiverton and he''s s**t. I just asked wether we''d still have hired Lambo. I think probably not, because of the reaction of the fans.

I think we may have! I''m betting he was on McNally''s radar anyway and that his team tonking us was his opportunity to get in the boards faces with an I told you so....

[quote user="Viva_Marc_Libbra"]*I apologise profusely for the rumour that Nigel Adkins was to become the new manager, I was misinfored and will never leave another rumour thread again, unless it''s the truth this time ;)*[/quote]

I was also given this information and apologise.