Sign in to follow this  
colneycanary

Did we get away without having to pay any compensation??

Lambert resigned as manager of the U''s last night to take up the post at Carrow Road this morning, after U''s Chairman Robbie Cowling failed to agree a compensation package with Norwich City.

Assistant manager Ian Culverhouse has also quit the club along with Operations Manager Gary Karsa.

So let me get this right. Because they all quit last night, we don''t have to pay any compensation?

[quote user="colneycanary"]Lambert resigned as manager of the U''s last night to take up the post at Carrow Road this morning, after U''s Chairman Robbie Cowling failed to agree a compensation package with Norwich City.

Assistant manager Ian Culverhouse has also quit the club along with Operations Manager Gary Karsa.

So let me get this right. Because they all quit last night, we don''t have to pay any compensation?[/quote]Someone will have to - I very much doubt Lambert and his team will pay out of their own pockets. Would not surprise me if this goes to the FA somewhere along the way, unless Colchester wanted more for compensation that was written into their contracts.

I imagine that as we made an official approach, we will be hit for a big compo claim for Lambert. Not sure about the backroom staff as depends if we approached them or not. Either way it will come down to the club lawyers to mull over the details of their contracts.