Sign in to follow this  
taintedtom2000

Gunn Tributes

I fully understand I could have posted this elsewhere, but didn''t fancy joining in a ''Has Gunn Topped himself?'' Thread. Sorry, its not nice.

Anyway,

Could this be the first instance of our new Archant board member attempting to keep the peace between those who loved Gunn, the Gunn family and the club? To me this whole thing just seems a little cheesy and over the top. Yes I agree with the sentiment, that Gunn is a hero to many, myself included, but an 8 page tribute? really?

I think a few songs on the terrace for Gunny would go alot further than a cheesy attempt at a olive leaf from a transparent Archant board member.

Thoughts?

I don''t think it is much help when some of the more...how shall we say it...''stupid'' members of a lovely fans are already out for Lambert''s blood having deposed a club legend.The idiots on Radio Norfolk this morning were a frigging embarrasment - ''Whut as ee dun?  WHUT AS EE DUN?!''

[quote user="Mr_Chimp"]I don''t think it is much help when some of the more...how shall we say it...''stupid'' members of a lovely fans are already out for Lambert''s blood having deposed a club legend.

The idiots on Radio Norfolk this morning were a frigging embarrasment - ''Whut as ee dun?  WHUT AS EE DUN?!''
[/quote]It was always going to happen, he was brought in on a sentimental wave of emotion and was destined to go out the same way. As for the Tribute, well it is a bit much IMO.

[quote user="taintedtom2000"]

I fully understand I could have posted this elsewhere, but didn''t fancy joining in a ''Has Gunn Topped himself?'' Thread. Sorry, its not nice.

Anyway,

Could this be the first instance of our new Archant board member attempting to keep the peace between those who loved Gunn, the Gunn family and the club? To me this whole thing just seems a little cheesy and over the top. Yes I agree with the sentiment, that Gunn is a hero to many, myself included, but an 8 page tribute? really?

I think a few songs on the terrace for Gunny would go alot further than a cheesy attempt at a olive leaf from a transparent Archant board member.

Thoughts?

[/quote]Archant will have to get used to everything being closely examined by a cynical readership because of the board appointment.

Totally over the top.

Sounds like an obituary to me. Has any other manager received an 8 page tribute?

Anyone would think he had done well, or is it part of them getting out of his column without compensation.

If you''re not happy with the idea don''t read it.Something else to moan about though... It''s all people do on here now.Seriously it is!