Sign in to follow this  
Lambo

Well done David McNally

I''ve said it previously but of all the new faces that came to the club in the summer he could well have been the most important one of all.

Finally we''ve got someone at the club calling the shots who''s putting FOOTBALL first, that has the cajones to act quickly rather than hesitantly waiting to see if things will improve. We''ve actually identifed a manager we want, then gone out and got him rather than looking for a cheap freebie who''s jobless and he''s done whatever it takes to get his man aswell as sorting it within 3 days rather than the usual 3 weeks.

It''s such a refreshing change from little old Norwich who struck as much fear in to people as a teddy bear, football is a ruthless business and it was clear that we were sinking without a trace following our previous approach, McNally looks set to bring a much different approach to the club that will hopefully bring some success and pride back to the club.

Absolutely! It makes a welcome change from spending a fortnight interviewing candidates whilst we drop 12 points under the ''caretaker'' regime - only to appoint the ludicrously bad candidate that charmed the clueless fools throughout the interview process!

I''m glad we''re not spending weeks hearing... ''we''re in the process of conducting interviews, we''ve brought in Dave Stringer to help us and will definitely make the best decision for the club''

This does seem to have been done with purpose and without sentiment. A welcome change!

I''ve just been looking at Lambert''s record last year at Colchester - 16 wins, 7 draws, and 14 losses in 37 league games = 55 points or 1.5 points per match). Is this the ''proven record of success'' that McNally keeps going on about?

I''m not saying that he won''t do well here and I hope that he does, but I think that promotion is going to be a big ask on this evidence.

Yeah i think he''s done well here. Dug the board out of a hole after they ridiculously re-appointed gunn, and when the 7-1 defeat prove just how stupid the appoiuntment had been he didnt faff about making a decision. saw the evidence and moved. As for the appointment of paul lambert, I''m moderately pleased with it- a refreshing change from inexperienced no-hopers like gunny and grant... lets hope we put a few resultys together. :-)

[quote user="Yelloow Since 72"]

I''ve just been looking at Lambert''s record last year at Colchester - 16 wins, 7 draws, and 14 losses in 37 league games = 55 points or 1.5 points per match). Is this the ''proven record of success'' that McNally keeps going on about?

I''m not saying that he won''t do well here and I hope that he does, but I think that promotion is going to be a big ask on this evidence.

[/quote]To be fair to Lambert, he did take over a poor mis-firing Colchester side low on confidence and left them in far better shape sat pretty in the championship with limited funds. That in itself is positive. A 44% win rate is excellent for a team that was in crisis tbh. Before that, he had a 40% win rate at Wycombe and enjoyed good cup success. I''m quite positive with Lambert coming in, and I think he''s got a decent league one squad to play with too. For us, I think he was potentially the best available.

[quote user="Michael Starr"][quote user="Yelloow Since 72"]

[/quote]To be fair to Lambert, he did take over a poor mis-firing Colchester side low on confidence and left them in far better shape sat pretty in the championship with limited funds. That in itself is positive. A 44% win rate is excellent for a team that was in crisis tbh. Before that, he had a 40% win rate at Wycombe and enjoyed good cup success. I''m quite positive with Lambert coming in, and I think he''s got a decent league one squad to play with too. For us, I think he was potentially the best available.[/quote]Correction - Not championship... league one... goddamit! We shouldnt be here!!!