Sign in to follow this  
Account Closed

Our FIrst Signing

Will our first signing be a Scot/English Interpreter?How long will it take Paul Lambert to speak English?Fabio C is still struggling after a year in the job but it doesn’t appear to have done the English team any harm..On a more positive note the Scottish players will understand him immediately.Seriously now I am extremely pleased with this appointment and more importantly I have genuine confidence in our new CEO David McNally.For the first time in about 10 years (and longer) I feel positive and optimistic about Norwich City FC.Many disappointments are to be expected on the way up, there is more to do and the climb will not be in a straight line nevertheless my feeling is that we have reached the nadir of our pitiful decline and our future has changed direction.Most of us can only recollect  platitudes and cliché ridden mealy speak statements issued by the old firm including managers, policies and plans were vague, ill conceived and naive. Now I sense a new freshness about the boardroom, freshness coupled with echoes of a more worldly business acumen and also an awareness of the culture needed in our club to succeed and reach above our potential. Underfinanced is no longer an acceptable word to be employed as an excuse for penury, pitiful, performance which has been accepted here as par for the course for far too long.Sure poverty is an impediment but that is a one reason why the board are there, to overcome it and be good at it.This club has no obligation or right to support employees who fail to excel in their duty, moreover the ethical and moral edict should be to give your paying supporters the best value for their money by employing the most proficient staff.A comfy job for life if you keep your nose clean? No longer, only if you are successful old boy else get out of here and let someone in who can excel at it. They are the conditions of employment that most of the supporters endure to earn their ticket money and your wages.Crack on Mac - Welcome Paul and both of you - keep the energy flowing whatever resistance you meet on the way.

Maybe if you''d left the county once in your life, you''d have the ability to understand other common regional accents... you don''t actually need oxygen to breathe, past Thetford, you know!

Hardly Peter Grant. I think he sounds quite clear. I take it you''re basing this on the Radio Norfolk press conference? In which case the question should be - are we embarrassed that the local radio station can''t arrange a working mic?

[quote user="Romantic"]Hardly Peter Grant. I think he sounds quite clear. I take it you''re basing this on the Radio Norfolk press conference? In which case the question should be - are we embarrassed that the local radio station can''t arrange a working mic?[/quote]Your Guess was spot on- maybe I was a little hasty surmising Radio Norfolk + Pete Grant = what did he sayAnyhow merely a joke, his dialect is of no concern to me at all and I am very pleased he is here.Welcome again Paul.

[quote user="Getalife"]Will our first signing be a Scot/English Interpreter?How long will it take Paul Lambert to speak English?Fabio C is still struggling after a year in the job but it doesn’t appear to have done the English team any harm..On a more positive note the Scottish players will understand him immediately.Seriously now I am extremely pleased with this appointment and more importantly I have genuine confidence in our new CEO David McNally.For the first time in about 10 years (and longer) I feel positive and optimistic about Norwich City FC.Many disappointments are to be expected on the way up, there is more to do and the climb will not be in a straight line nevertheless my feeling is that we have reached the nadir of our pitiful decline and our future has changed direction.Most of us can only recollect  platitudes and cliché ridden mealy speak statements issued by the old firm including managers, policies and plans were vague, ill conceived and naive. Now I sense a new freshness about the boardroom, freshness coupled with echoes of a more worldly business acumen and also an awareness of the culture needed in our club to succeed and reach above our potential. Underfinanced is no longer an acceptable word to be employed as an excuse for penury, pitiful, performance which has been accepted here as par for the course for far too long.Sure poverty is an impediment but that is a one reason why the board are there, to overcome it and be good at it.This club has no obligation or right to support employees who fail to excel in their duty, moreover the ethical and moral edict should be to give your paying supporters the best value for their money by employing the most proficient staff.A comfy job for life if you keep your nose clean? No longer, only if you are successful old boy else get out of here and let someone in who can excel at it. They are the conditions of employment that most of the supporters endure to earn their ticket money and your wages.Crack on Mac - Welcome Paul and both of you - keep the energy flowing whatever resistance you meet on the way.[/quote]Well said, funny and astute. Give ''em three months though and we''ll all be baying for the board''s blood!

[quote user="First Jedi"]Maybe if you''d left the county once in your life, you''d have the ability to understand other common regional accents... you don''t actually need oxygen to breathe, past Thetford, you know![/quote]I do appreciate your mentoring First Jedi of Brighton, I however ask for  a little understanding about my profound ignorance here ; you see  our backgrounds I suspect are a little different.In my all my years with Thomson Reuters News and despite all those air mile vouchers I accumulated over those years  they always restricted my travels to within my native planet and unlike your good self First Jedi, never never ever were starship trips part of the job. So mean were they to me that my trips to your Brighton were restricted to overnight stays on route to a somewhere elswhere. Luke Skywalker would rather die of shame yeah?No regrets on my part however friend , Norwich FC for terrestrial promotion this season -Yes??

[quote user="Romantic"]Hardly Peter Grant. I think he sounds quite clear. I take it you''re basing this on the Radio Norfolk press conference? In which case the question should be - are we embarrassed that the local radio station can''t arrange a working mic?
[/quote]

thats something I always pickup on..........I''m sure they set the mikes up at the back of the room!! all you can hear is reporters muttering, coughing, phones going off and shufling!!