Sign in to follow this  
WeAreYellows49

Re: Has Gunn topped himself?

Why? I was only asking.  Seems really odd doesn''t it you?  The bloke has been here 20 odd years done all sorts,  was a manager for 7 months of it, and Archant want us to pay a tribute to him as though he''s dead,  weird.

I thinking exactly the same, the tributes seem a bit OTT. I didnt see any tributes for Glenn Roeder.

At what point did Archant think using the word ''tributes'' was a good idea?  I only asked the question and get accused of ''bad taste''.  Call me morbid but tributes are generally associated with deaths,  try googling tributes and see what the results are.  Pete could have used a better word IMHO.  Like ''e-mail us your words of thanks for Gunn''s efforts''  or something similar like that.

[quote user="ncfcfan"]I thinking exactly the same, the tributes seem a bit OTT. I didnt see any tributes for Glenn Roeder.
[/quote]

Are you putting Gunn in the same sentance as Roeder? Really?

Do you know who Gunn is?!?!?![:$]

[quote user="ncfcfan"]I thinking exactly the same, the tributes seem a bit OTT. I didnt see any tributes for Glenn Roeder. [/quote]They think it''s bad taste in asking, wait for the day they ask for ''tributes'' for Delia.  The bile that''ll get post then.

[quote user="First Wizard"]Gunn''s still in talks to bleed us dry...........like he''s always done.[/quote]

sogunny never did anything for us then ? presume you must be around 15 years old and cant remember europe and the walker years and all the other jobs he has done then ? may not have been a manager but still a legend

[quote user="First Wizard"]Gunn''s still in talks to bleed us dry...........like he''s always done.[/quote]

DONT GET THAT ONE ?????

Might be a daft thread, but the EDPs idea is dafter.

I shall not bother buying it this weekend.  Gunn may have been a legend on the pitch, but he is a joke off it!

Ren...u must be about 14 I reckon, because although Gunn is not a manager he is far from a "joke off it" The man has held himself with dignity through difficult times, is held with high regard by many in the game & has been a fantastic ambassador for the club....obviously all you care to remember are the last few months.

Put your brain in gear before you open your mouth

[quote user="Mr. Bump"]How is that in bad taste?[/quote]indeed. I think some of us on here need to get over ourselves a bit. Tribute to a guy who just been given a pay off that would probably equate to over 10 time what the average person on here earns a year. And by the way good luck to him I''d take every penny of it if I were him. But lets not get things out of proportion. He clearly not dead and a tribute to a guy that just masterminded our biggest home defeat ever seem a bit much.

[quote user="Grando"]And don''t forget he also oversaw our capitulation down to this division![/quote]Yeah we could go on. Great player crap manager. Let move on

[quote user="First Wizard"]Gunn''s still in talks to bleed us dry...........like he''s always done.[/quote] it''s comments like these Wizard that make me think there is something actually clinically wrong with you. you can be extremely bitter, especially towards Gunn. Generally i know you''re OTT and although the above is your opinion and you''re allowed one, i think some of the things you have written about Gunn, his daughter and family have been out of line and not the musings of a man who is old enough to know better.Any man who has a family and needs to make a living is due the money from his contract in Gunn''s situation. Your comments back to this will no doubt be bitter but hopefully the otherside of Wizard (the Good Wizard of the East?) will be here and he will see he needs to tone the bitterness down a little.

[quote user="Butterbean_Canary"]

[quote user="ncfcfan"]I thinking exactly the same, the tributes seem a bit OTT. I didnt see any tributes for Glenn Roeder.
[/quote]

Are you putting Gunn in the same sentance as Roeder? Really?

Do you know who Gunn is?!?!?![:$]

[/quote]

YES !!  YES !! I do !! bald idiot .....average goal keeper.......hung around here for far too long, taking money under false pretences,  managed to finish the shit job Rodent started !!! Thats him isn''t it ?????? 

You really are a sad lonely little man aren''t you.  Just how did he bleed us dry over the last 20 years,  when he was playing for us nearly 500 times for instance?

He did outstay his welcome though, it was purely jobs for the boys where he was concerned. Good goalkeeper but should have stopped at that and ran a pub or something.