Sign in to follow this  
ncfcfan

Stefanovic and Russell

Does anybody else think Lambert will play these two? I hope he does, theyre much better then some of the people who have been playing. You cant deny the quality they will bring to the team in League 1.

Stefanovic needs to get some match practise for sure, so will see him in the reserves before we see him in the firsts I would of thought.Centre midfield is a log jam right now, Would rather get Hughes into some games before Russell

[quote user="ncfcfan"]Does anybody else think Lambert will play these two? I hope he does, theyre much better then some of the people who have been playing. You cant deny the quality they will bring to the team in League 1.
[/quote]

I''ve always been a fan of Russell. He brings a combative attitude to the middle of the pitch

I think the question boils down to whether they want to stay and whether we have budgeted for their departures.

By all accounts Russell told Gunn he wanted to leave hence the reason he has been left out. Whether his mind has changed now that a move has failed to materialise and there''s a change at the top remains to be seen. He certainly didn''t seem to perform under Gunn - maybe Lambert would bring out the best in him (a manager who understands the role of a central midfielder).

Stefanovic did come out to say he was prepared to stay. I guess the issue with him was the associated wages and injury history. Seems like Gunn thought that Nelson was a better and more cost effective option. From the little I''ve seen of him I would be delighted if Stef was in the first team.

One thing is that Lambert will presumably have to work with what he''s got (perhaps supplemented by a loan or two until January). That means each player will be judged through a fresh pair of eyes with no preference given to a recent Gunn signing. As such both players could come in from the cold.

My bet is that we still try and cash in on Russell to save / make money but that Stef plays a part in things this year.

[quote user="Robert Ketts Yellow Army"]

[quote user="ncfcfan"]Does anybody else think Lambert will play these two? I hope he does, theyre much better then some of the people who have been playing. You cant deny the quality they will bring to the team in League 1.[/quote]

I''ve always been a fan of Russell. He brings a combative attitude to the middle of the pitch

[/quote]Exactly and that is what we need at the moment. I would like a midfield of Hughes and Russell, with Adeyami and Tudor Jones as backup. Im not a fan of Gill, doesnt get invovled enough, with him playing its like you have 10 men.

Stephanovich, yes - His experience could be what we need, and he is certainly not slower than Doc, who worries me every time the ball goes near him. Russell, no. Apart from sheer athleticism, I don''t think he offers anything that we haven''t got elsewhere in the team. He is keen and mobile, and gets back to defend, but many of his errors in defending cost us dearly. I do not think that he will be missed.

[quote user="Delia''s recipie for disaster!" Stick Stefanovic and Askou in as Centre halves and I might get through a game without closing my eyes everytime the ball gets near our penalty area. quote]

Spot on!

Does anybody else think Lambert will play these two? I hope he does, theyre much better then some of the people who have been playing. You cant deny the quality they will bring to the team in League 1.

Russell isn`t worth a place in the side...get rid

[quote user="Robert Ketts Yellow Army"]

[/quote]

How soon we forget just how truly ineffective he was last year - a shyster lacking effort, combatitiveness or ability.

And he did not have the excuse of being a loanee

[quote user="Yellow Rages"]Did Pattison actually leave in the end? I knew he was trawling South Africa but I didn''t hear anymore.[/quote]

Shows just how much we missed him then!