Sign in to follow this  
Canary Ascent

Paul Lambert = Martin O'Neill

I''ve read a lot of negativity on this message board today and, although it doesn''t surprise me, I''m a little dissappointed in fellow fans who are not willing to give a new manager a chance and their full backing! We are all entitled to our own opinions and can draw our own conclusions as to the reasons for this appointment but I genuinely think it is a great appointment. I thought this might bring a little optimism back to this board and the fans!

For the first time in a long while we appear to have appointed a manager with real ambition. This reminds me of the Martin O''Neill appointment back in 1995 and if this guy is half as good as O''Neill we will be doing OK.

Maybe just maybe this guy is the one to take us forward...

[quote user="dylanisabaddog"]Radio Norfolk suggested this afternoon that Martin O''Neill had contacted the club to recommend Lambert.[/quote]

Even better if true. I''m sure O''Neill wouldn''t get involved if he didn''t rate Lambert highly as a manager.

Paul Lambert''s Green and Yellow Army

[quote user="Canary Ascent"]

I''ve read a lot of negativity on this message board today and, although it doesn''t surprise me, I''m a little dissappointed in fellow fans who are not willing to give a new manager a chance and their full backing! We are all entitled to our own opinions and can draw our own conclusions as to the reasons for this appointment but I genuinely think it is a great appointment. I thought this might bring a little optimism back to this board and the fans!

For the first time in a long while we appear to have appointed a manager with real ambition. This reminds me of the Martin O''Neill appointment back in 1995 and if this guy is half as good as O''Neill we will be doing OK.

Maybe just maybe this guy is the one to take us forward...

[/quote]

I have had exactly the same thought myself. I do feel very positive about this appointment.

I''m just hoping he''s the man that takes us back to normality! I want Championship mid table mediocrity back... I''ve become very bored of this ''rollercoaster''.

[quote user="Canary Ascent"]

This reminds me of the Martin O''Neill appointment back in 1995 and if this guy is half as good as O''Neill we will be doing OK.

[/quote]

While we were top of the table when Martin O''Neill left, that season we signed  Rush (£300,000) and the return of Robert Fleck (£650,000). Fleck scored goals for half a season and then dried up and we were left paying his wages for a further two and half seasons. Rush left for Oldham.