Sign in to follow this  
Glenn Foy

Neil Adams: Hero or Zero?

I was reading another post about Neil Adams saying he was arrogant, and I wondered what peoples thoughts were on him. Personally I think he is a legend, who pretty much calls everything and anything in Norwich matches correctly. I also love his optimism as well. I remember when we were 4-0 down against Col U and listening on the radio he said "we need to get a goal back before half time to get back into the game".

My Verdict: HERO

[quote user="Glenn Foy"]

I was reading another post about Neil Adams saying he was arrogant, and I wondered what peoples thoughts were on him. Personally I think he is a legend, who pretty much calls everything and anything in Norwich matches correctly. I also love his optimism as well. I remember when we were 4-0 down against Col U and listening on the radio he said "we need to get a goal back before half time to get back into the game".

[/quote]Does loads for local football, and genuinely loves the game and the club. Plus, manages to make Canary Call the most entertaining thing on Radio Norfolk.HERO.

[quote user="Glenn Foy"]

[/quote]

Ye gods LEGEND is becoming so easy to be!

He was an average winger and a less than average pundit on a local radio station.

He looks better because Waller and Gorham made him look like Motson.

It is not hard to seem inteligent and knowing faced with the average "hello Neil" caller

[quote user="The Butler"][quote user="Glenn Foy"]

[/quote]

He was an average winger and a less than average pundit on a local radio station.

It is not hard to seem inteligent and knowing faced with the average "hello Neil" caller

[/quote]

No but don''t you think his analysis is sound though? well, exceptional? well, i find him omnipitant

[quote user="Glenn Foy"][quote user="The Butler"][quote user="Glenn Foy"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

No but don''t you think his analysis is sound though? well, exceptional? well, i find him omnipitant

[/quote]I was listening to some other local League 1 match coverage the other day, and Adams was far more interesting. Wonder how he stacks up with other local pundits?

[quote user="The Butler"][quote user="Glenn Foy"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

So you won''t be buying him a pint on Friday night then I take it Butler[B] - you will be going to the pup meet?

leg-end! and the patience of a saint for dealing with half the lunatics on canary call!!!        

To be pedantic, he''s neither. However, he certainly is as good as those holding similar positions on local radio. I''ve lived in different parts of the country and listened to local sport and he is certainly more articulate than average and generally knows his stuff.  He''s pretty tolerant too - just think of the buffoons he has to commentate with, let alone those who phone him on Canary call! Alright he''s sometimes a bit arrogant, but it''s a fine line.

Anyone better would have been snatched up by the national media - although there are many worse than him who seem to be doing well.

Good guy who genuinely wants to see the club do well, but remains rational about the situation. I think most of the people who criticise him expect him to fly off the handle and rant and rave. I''ve always felt he has an underlying disatisafaction at the situation if you read can read between the lines of what he is saying.

[quote user="Glenn Foy"]

[/quote]

I actually think he has done a decent job on the radio but his recent comments of "not knowing the LG 1 players" was pretty shocking........

Its his job to know something about the players in LG 1........... and to pass on the knowledge/research on to the casual fan listening.

Needs to either put in more effort himself or get a person to research each team and compile a file which he can use......

[quote user="I.S."][quote user="Glenn Foy"][quote user="The Butler"][quote user="Glenn Foy"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]I was listening to some other local League 1 match coverage the other day, and Adams was far more interesting. Wonder how he stacks up with other local pundits?[/quote]You should the Radio Suffolk equivalant. Had the pleasure of listening to a derby a few years back on Radio Suffolk. After an incident where Mcveigh ran into their keeper as he jumped for a cross, the guy said "That is assault, im sorry but if that was on the street he would have been locked up". That was the worst of several hugely biased comments.

He was a decent winger, just unlucky to be Fox''s replacement. Would walk into the current team though!

He handled himself well (as it were!) when asked about the size of his manhood on Canary Call last season, which was rather amusing!

He provides a very balanced view on the performances from a Norwich point of view, and I think that is most important thing, not to be biased but be able to explain in detail from the Norwich point of view.

I like him - knows his football, impartial as he can possibly be and has a dry sense of humour suited to Norfolk folk.

I''m a Neil Adams fan, like his commentary''s and think he handles the canary call show well too.

If Radio Norfolk''s presenters were all as good then I might listen other than match days. Occasionally I listen while watching the match. Not the best player ever of course but a great player and certainly better than any of the present squad. Top man as far as I''m concerned.

He''s ok. I prefer him to Boreham but I do find both of their voices a bit irritating. Adams sounds perpetually miserable, even when he''s not. It''s that whining, monotonous drone of his, which evidently he can''t help, and Boreham sounds like an over-excited schoolboy/girl.