Sign in to follow this  
......and Smith must score.

There must be some new investment or a takeover around the corner.......

I''m pleased that we''ve acted decisively to appoint a new manager, and I think the new man may well prove the best we''ve had for some time.

But all this upheaval costs a lot of money.There''s Bryan Gunn to be paid off, compensation to Colchester ( at least for Paul Lambert ), probably compensation for the two Ians, Crook and Butterworth, and I''m sure the new man wouldn''t have agreed to come here if there wasn''t the prospect of some money to bring in some other players of his own choosing

According to David McNally our financial situation is '' dire '' and we '' must reduce debt ''.

It all doesn''t add up unless there''s some good news on the financial front imminent.

Oh, and we''ll need to pay for some elocution lessons for Mr Lambert........I couldn''t understand a word on the press conference video on here !

I agree, there must be money coming in from somewhere.  It wouldn''t necessarily have to be a takeover, because in the light of Gunn''s sacking it seems fairly clear that D&M have effectively lost the power to dictate events. 

There might be someone out there (or maybe more than one) who would be willing to put money in if they were satisfied that the people running the club know what they''re doing.

[quote user="canary cherub "]

I agree, there must be money coming in from somewhere.  It wouldn''t necessarily have to be a takeover, because in the light of Gunn''s sacking it seems fairly clear that D&M have effectively lost the power to dictate events. 

There might be someone out there (or maybe more than one) who would be willing to put money in if they were satisfied that the people running the club know what they''re doing.

[/quote]

Delia and Micky have been awfully quiet concerning the sacking of Gunn and the recent appointment of Lambert.....I''d like to think that maybe something is in the pipeline and the ''Stowy Two'' are accepting that their tight grip and time as ''Alpha Male & Female'' at Carra - is now over. .....Because until we have concrete investment and hopefully (new owners) I can''t see accelerated progress on the financial front. It matters nought that we have a nearly full stadium between now and May 2010....Because we have a considerable amount of debt that will not go away. I''d bin Keith Harris as an utter waste of time...He''s probably like an apathetic estate agent that knows that the dilapidated cottage will never sell until major restoration and repairs are carried out - but informs the sellers that he''s cracking on with the job in hand.

We need serious investment.....if we want to be serious about promotion and an ambitious future. If Deals no Deals isn''t willing to accept that it''s time for her to relinquish the reins - we are unfortunately not going to achieve that target. But I feel that she''s in no rush to let go, so I don''t see any progress on the financial front......at this moment in time.

Umm I can see where you are coming from Smithy. It''s been a strange week, not just for all that''s happened, but the way it''s happened. Yes NCFC will need to pay lots of compensation, but surely they have a contingency fund marked "To pay off failed manager(s)" as this pot is much used.

I think that the grip Delia and Michael had is slipping. I can''t for a minute imagine the sacking/mutual consent departure (whatever the official line was) was of their making. They are quiet, that alone nothing out of the ordinary, but their recent statements, hugging Gunn, saying we had to give him more time/have faith in him didn''t exactly echo what''s just happened. Were they over ruled or strongly advised? Probably a choice of words we can all argue over.

But facts remain. We have a new man and as I have said elsewhere I am more optimistic than I have been in years. Combine the new manager and the (possible) weakening of Delia''s grip on the club, perhaps, just perhaps things are turning round.

McNally is good with money as shown previously in his career, he knows what he''s doing.

...or maybe they''re expecting to sell off Russell and pay for it that way...or may be DS/MWJ have dug deep and put some more money in...or maybe they''ve identified some non-footballing staff cuts that can pay for it...or maybe they figure that the cost fo doing nothing is greater than the cost of taking action and asked the bank for a temporary overdraft!