Sign in to follow this  
rich

crisis command at norwich

maybe I watch too much television, but here''s the situations your in charge of norwich city and your guided by some experienced advice, but which decisions do you make to affect the course of the season.

1: Playing holt, safri and francis all together: keep or change?

Plus side: Offered us better midfield protection, Holt looked more comfortable, allowed safri to show off his range of passing. Allowed francis to come forward.

Negative side: May leave the flanks exposed against teams with proper wide men, bit confusing as to who does what.

2: Playing bentley in the hole, worth another go?

Not a huge success as his vision and selflessness of passing weren''t there, but it will come, but at whose expense. can Norwich afford to blood a player will he come good in time for us, or are we better off letting some else fill that creative void. 

3: Fleming and Charlton: Are you okay with them, they work well, but lack of height was that an issue? defoe was winning headers, inevitable or worrying?

Do you think we keep them together, or maybe look to move charlton to right back and get the height in defence, if we don''t get the height where does it come from? do we need it? 

4:doherty or leon: doherty gives us a big target man, a battler and a trier, a good aim man for the counter, bt slow and not like to score many, leon gives us an explosion off pace, but unproven and liable to be pushed off the ball. which one gets your vote.

5: buying players: Say the transfer window is this week and the board said how many players would you need and bearing in mind the gamble with the finances. can the club stay up as they are, do they need just the striker, or do they need a striker and a few others. 

the decisions are yours

Actually the decision isn''t ours.

We played 4-3-1-2 yesterday and that was against a team that likes to play with two wide men and only having three across the middle didn''t seem to matter. Bentley behind the front two, for me, worked and the three midfielders had a cracking game.

Defoe was winning headers but it was only because we had two shorter, more balanced defenders in Charlton and Flem that we managed to stop him. A taller stronger styled defender would have been ripped apart by his sharp turns and pace.

Worthy made the right choices all over the park yesterday and the one area of the pitch where we didn''t quite "have it" was up-front. Doherty did his best, but he''s no Iwan

If we''re going to stick with yesterday''s formation (which I think is a good idea), then there is some logic to allowing McKenzie the chance to start. Given that we''re not playing out and out wingers, the need for someone who dominates in the air as a striker is reduced. The system needs quick movement and good running off the ball. Between them, Bentley, Hucks and Leon could be a handful for most defensive units in the Premiership.Having said that, having Docherty up there does give us someone to aim the ball up to when we''re being put under pressure defensively. My feeling is that, barring injuries, we''ll see the same starting XI against Villa.

I agree with you Beds, I just wish people would push up faster when Hucks goes on his runs so that he has an alternative to shooting. I know he is fast, but when he takes the ball wide and then beats a defender, why has no one gone into the box to give him a target?

Everyone thought Doherty was the best thing since sliced bread just because of his goal at Newcastle but frankly out of the strikers we have available Leon has the edge in my opinion. He must given a chance and leave Doherty on the bench (as versatile cover for defence - and upfront).