Sign in to follow this  
Richards Son

Atmosphere on Saturday

I cannot believe that there are suggestions of a protest at Saturdays game. If that happens, the fans are just contribuiting to the downhill spiral our club has been on for the past few seasons. Of course we all feel for Gunny as the timing was awful, but he remains an NCFC legend. It was only after two results but I really don''t think we can afford to have the inconsistency that we have seen all too much in recent times and how much more inconsistent can you get than a 7-1 defeat, a 4-0 win, and a 1-1 draw (albeit that Gunny wasn''t in charge for the last one). Has anyone been confident that we can win 2 games in a row, let alone 3?

I think we now have a young ambitious manager, who will have respect of the players given his successful playing career. I was proud to be part of a big crowd and a great atmosphere leading up to kick off in the Colchester game and I think that should be replicated on Saturday. If nothing else, Lambert will be able to see who are the ''rabbits in the headlights'' players, as I really think this played a big part in our 7-1 defeat.

I hope not either. I think McNally has come in and is putting us back on track.....he saw that Gunn was not  manager and has acted accordingly. I hope we get behind the players and the new manager and see what they can do. I expect a small gathering of protesters made up of young chavs and middle aged nerds......probably around seventy of them 

A protest would be counter-productive.  What are people protesting about?  That Gunny was fired?  Oh boo bleedin'' hoo.  For the first time in about three years, the club appears to be heading in the right direction and people want to protest?

Is the protest really about Gunn getting fired, seems like most of the people in favour of the protest are also in favour of the sacking. I agree that it won''t help anyone though, and it should be firmly put on halt. I doubt even if it does go ahead, that it will get much coverage or participation.

Be interesting to see what sort of reception Lambert gets from the Wycombe fans.

They had Martin O''Neill as their manager too - wonder how they compare the two?

Any Wycombe fans out there?

I think we should look upon saturday as a new dawn,lets get behind the team and save any protests until it all goes tits up again(if it does).I have the idea that this man mcnally knows what he is doing

I just see it as comical mistiming.I appreciate the importance of protests, but had it been done at ''almost any'' other point in the past 4 years it would of been far more productive.Doing it now and we''re just making a fricin'' joke of ourselves....

if there is a protest saturday it will we 100 max the same hundred that do evrey other protest to no effect. as far as im concerned things are lokking up, but there are some fans that want us to fail just to prove a point to theselves, and theirs about a hundred of then.

There are few more anti Delia than me, but Saturday is not the time for a protest in my opinion, and whilst we must get new owners in,  I will be concentrating on giving the team and the new manager my full support on Saturday afternoon and Monday night.

yep i''m in aswell, nothing to protest about.I don''t see why people protest at delia, she said she will sell the club to somebody who will buy - what else can the poor woman (who HAS, ruined our club..) do?lets get a home win on saturday

[quote user="barryevans"]if there is a protest saturday it will we 100 max the same hundred that do evrey other protest to no effect. as far as im concerned things are lokking up, but there are some fans that want us to fail just to prove a point to theselves, and theirs about a hundred of then.[/quote]Not at all, and i think ''you'' know that is wrong.

[quote user="John"]Nobody thanked me on my 1000th post by the way... [:^)]

[U][/quote]Sorry about that, don''t ask [|-)]....Needless to say i meant ''congratulated''.[:D]... Smooth as can be [H]

[quote user="Sideshow Tim"]Well done John. Congratulations on reaching 1002 too[/quote]Much appreciated good sir [Y], and others would do well to follow your example! [:D][;)]

A few twats who do not represent the vast majority taking it upon themselves to put there naive opinion as that of the masses,stick your daft "freedom for tooting"protest up your arse ...thankyou

No need to worry, these lot always try and organise a protest, they talk a good game, but actions speak louder than words.The day they actually arrange a proper protest will...well it will never happen anyway.

[quote user="Norwich"]Congratulations John![/quote]Wahey!Good man, much appreciated! [Y][;)]

[quote user="GoldenNugget"]Is the protest really about Gunn getting fired, seems like most of the people in favour of the protest are also in favour of the sacking. I agree that it won''t help anyone though, and it should be firmly put on halt. I doubt even if it does go ahead, that it will get much coverage or participation.
[/quote]

I thought it was an anti Delia protest?

Aftre tonight''s dross, there will be no atmosphere on Saturday. Then, when we go one or two behind to Wycombe, it will be positively hostile again.