Sign in to follow this  
Sephiroth Owa

Well...

Hello.

I don''t post a great deal, but I just can''t believe what is going on with this football club.

Yes, I know we have a new manager and that he might sort our defence up as he did with ''The Mighty U''s'', but listening to the game on the radio tonight, we need a hell of a lot more than that.

Like most fans, I came into the season very much full of hope, even thinking that Gunn might do us some good with the signings he has picked up.

Even as little a way that we are into the season, I have had some very disappointing contrasts popping up already.

Last season, Cody Mac looked strong and sharp with a good eye for goal. Obviously, he did net in the first game (albeit with a little help from his arm), but he hasn''t really impressed since.

I didn''t get the chance to go tonight due to working late, but from what I heard he sounded like he was getting there or there abouts but not actually getting that extra bit on it.

Obviously, the Stafanovic/Russell saga has been unfortunate too, with 2 players pretty much exiled. Stefanovic can''t have had any offers placed for him or he would be off by now, so why don''t people just give him a go?

Again, from performances up to and including tonight, the Doc has either been non-existant, or a liability. Once, I think I heard his name mentioned in the second half tonight, and that was with a sense of dread from the commentator. Askou sounded much the busier of the two.

Gunn''s sacking: Well, the thing that baffles me about it is the fact that they give him some money, let him throw it up the wall and then sack him. Surely the players he has brought in must be in some way wanting to play for ''him''. Having someone hire you and then they get the boot a week later does not install confidence does it?

Finally, this has been mentioned many times on this forum, but tonight out of 7300 (?) fans at that game, over 1800 of them were City Fans. This club does not deserve this fanbase at this time. If so many people (myself included) did not have season tickets, I would not be surprised to see 15-18000 people at the next home game. But obviously, that won''t happen.

Anyway... rant over. Just a little pissy this evening.

I think Gunns sacking has to be considered from two angles....one being he was hired by Delia and she wanted it to work out as she thinks romanticism will win get you the right man so they gave him a chance.

Then I think once Mcnally got the role he wasn''t prepared to see the glaryingly obvious that Gunn wasn''t up to the job based on what the stats were and what was being said internally at the club by team Gunn.

Lets not forget that Deehan was part of this team, Butterworth has had 2 games with the team and we have 1 point to show again with dismal performances.Everything was wrong with it from day one!!

Roll on Lambert getting to that training pitch and getting some team togetherness built and some decent team organisation too.

One of the biggest problems we have had in recent years(probably for the last eight sesons including our promotion) is that our defence cannot clear a ball properly. This seems to be at the root of at least 50% of the goals we concede. How hard is it to get a Defender to put his foot through a ball and get ti beyond half way? Unless we can do this we will keep leaking goals and dropping points.