Sign in to follow this  
Row D Seat 7

EDP Bryan Gunn Tribute

Are you having an f''n laugh? What a waste of newspaper. Just let Gunn go. He had his day as a player and was a big mistake as manager. Why can''t we just move on?????

Agreed , tributes just what for ? relegating us or for being an ex player , he bigged himself up for the managers job that 90% of fans knew he wasnt up to and fell flat on his backside.

So neither Roeder, Delia, Butterworth, Crook or the players had anything to do with it then? just love the way people n here spin things to suit their beliefs!!!! im sure half the people on here should be MP''s

Quite right what a soft as shite club we were!Its sickening, he has had a very good living off NCFC and came for one slice of pie too much for my liking. I am a higher qualified coach and I was not earning £1000''s a week to try and save us from our worst season for over 50 years! In fact I did not apply despite having better qualifications.I dont blame him for taking the job but he genuinely must have had a small grin at what the people in charge had done.Great player though and thanks for them very good years! You did not however deserve your last 7 months wages and that is thanks enough.In fact what are we thanking him for?

Delia is to blame, but Gunn took the job.

Workings as a porter in a hospital dose not make you a brain surgeon although the pay is better.

[quote user="matt crowhurst"]So neither Roeder, Delia, Butterworth, Crook or the players had anything to do with it then? just love the way people n here spin things to suit their beliefs!!!! im sure half the people on here should be MP''s[/quote]

Of course all the people you mention are partly to blame, but Gunn took the job, i''ll re-word that, he was stupid enough to take a job that he was never qualified for. If he was serious about being a manager, where are his coaching badges?????

I have to say this tribute is probably because the edp have sod all else to print. Bryan Gunn will buy several copies and keep them for years, but why is this tribute really happening??? He took us down last year when in reality he had plenty of time to keep us up, Roeder would have kept us up even though his was a knob.

Why can''t Gunn and some Norwich fans and local journo''s just move on. It''s nearing pathetic.

My thoughts exactly....

When I first read the plea for tributes I immediately thought, oh no, I know getting sacked is hardly a high point but there was no need for him to go and top himself, I genuinely thought he had died.

Sorry if it seems harsh but is a tribute section in the paper truly justified after what has happened over the past few months because no matter what anyone says, the moment he put himself forward for the job last may after a terrible first effort at management, Bryan made himself culpable for demise as much as any previous manager or director. If he had said after our drop, fair do''s, I am not up to the job we would have all said, no worries, you did your best, you are still a legend.

But he didn''t, and he became part of the problem by his own doing.

Now he is a top bloke, I have met him many times and you can''t ask for a better example of how a footballer should treat the fans, he has been a great servant to the club over many years, and I would hope that there is still some role for him to play as it would be a great loss, but please, does he really need another tribute, he was made sherrif of Norwich ffs, there is section of the ground named after him, is it really appropriate and needed for a tribute to made for him? What next, will we be having a minutes applause/silence before the next game?

I am pretty sure that Bryan himself will be embarrased by having this in the papers this weekend and would rather it not to happen, he knows how much the fans of Norwich city still love him even though what happened, be won''t need a few sound bites of a few pinkun readers to tell him that.

[quote user="Canaryfan7"]Are you having an f''n laugh? What a waste of newspaper. Just let Gunn go. He had his day as a player and was a big mistake as manager. Why can''t we just move on?????[/quote]The MD probably feels guilty for helping to wield the axe

[quote user="Snakepit boys"]Quite right what a soft as shite club we were!Its sickening, he has had a very good living off NCFC and came for one slice of pie too much for my liking. I am a higher qualified coach and I was not earning £1000''s a week to try and save us from our worst season for over 50 years! In fact I did not apply despite having better qualifications.I dont blame him for taking the job but he genuinely must have had a small grin at what the people in charge had done.Great player though and thanks for them very good years! You did not however deserve your last 7 months wages and that is thanks enough.In fact what are we thanking him for?[/quote]Agreed...... we owe him nothing for being our manager!

[quote user="CANARYCHARGE"][quote user="Snakepit boys"]Quite right what a soft as shite club we were!Its sickening, he has had a very good living off NCFC and came for one slice of pie too much for my liking. I am a higher qualified coach and I was not earning £1000''s a week to try and save us from our worst season for over 50 years! In fact I did not apply despite having better qualifications.I dont blame him for taking the job but he genuinely must have had a small grin at what the people in charge had done.Great player though and thanks for them very good years! You did not however deserve your last 7 months wages and that is thanks enough.In fact what are we thanking him for?[/quote]Agreed...... we owe him nothing for being our manager![/quote]And he will have been paid well during his years at the club

I agree with most of the sentiments about, this tribute is extremely poorly timed. I could have understood it after his playing career finished, he was a fine goalkeeper for this club. Yet we are really are deep in the brown stuff and anyone involved with this club in the last few years deserves virtually no praise nevermind a sodding tribute.

I do not remember an 8 page tribute to anyone connected with the club before. When, the only man entitled to be called "Mr Norwich City", Geoffrey Watling died, there was press coverage but certainly no 8 page spread, was there.  Dave Stringer and Duncan Forbes have left the Club after long years of service but they did not get much if anything in the way of press tributes. Given the awful position the club finds itself in now, this is not the time to publish a tribute to Gunn.

[quote user="Dibs"]Exactly... Thank Bryan for taking on the Job and down a division.....[/quote]

thanks the board for appointing Bryan and takking us down a division.. people who slag Gunn off fail to grasp the concept that it was the BOARD who gave him this (and all the other) jobs he has had.... he didnt appoint himself did he?

jas :)