Sign in to follow this  
scoot1975

Time to stop slagging Doherty...

Somoene looking to buy a defender might be watching, and we need the cash.

Doherty would be a great addition to any side, I have never seen a better Centre-half. easily worth £2million of any clubs money.

Agreed... why he isn''t playing champions league football for chelsea is beyond me... john terry? pah... personally I would say we are being ripped off for £2million

Oh yes, couldn''t agree more.

He has a big heart, will represent your club through and through, he has 2 legs, can head the ball and the best thing...

If he has someone considerably better than himself, with him, and they also have pace, Doc will be a much better defender. If you play a slow person, then its all their fault as Doc is never to blame - Seriously.

[quote user="Lincs CR"]Agreed... why he isn''t playing champions league football for chelsea is beyond me... john terry? pah... personally I would say we are being ripped off for £2million[/quote]Yep, we''ve got such strength in depth too, with the tremendously talented Nelson, and that proven Premiership centreback who we''re desperate to get rid of.

Change your signature mate to "Beg Doherty to stay" - after all... we are heading to the Ridgeons league without him... true captain material

Doc for ENGLAND!!!

Doc for ENGLAND!!!

Doc for ENGLAND!!!

Doc for ENGLAND!!!

Doc for ENGLAND!!!

Doc for ENGLAND!!!

Doc for ENGLAND!!!

Doc for ENGLAND!!!

Doc for ENGLAND!!!

Doc for ENGLAND!!!

Doc for ENGLAND!!!

Doc for ENGLAND!!!

Doc for ENGLAND!!!

Doc for ENGLAND!!!

[quote user="I am a Banana"]

Doc for ENGLAND!!!

Doc for ENGLAND!!!

Doc for ENGLAND!!!

Doc for ENGLAND!!!

Doc for ENGLAND!!!

Doc for ENGLAND!!!

Doc for ENGLAND!!!

Doc for ENGLAND!!!

Doc for ENGLAND!!!

Doc for ENGLAND!!!

Doc for ENGLAND!!!

Doc for ENGLAND!!!

Doc for ENGLAND!!!

Doc for ENGLAND!!!

[/quote]

He is Irish..but still, if they would take him far far away....im happy.

I often wonder what if...

Instead of coming to us as a striker and realising he wasn''t good enough and playing him as a defender instead.

If he would have come to us as a defender, realised he was crap, played him as a striker, realised he was crap, sacked him and then we won the Champion League.

Doherty is actually an enigma, a divine being. I remember in early 2004, I was just a supple 17 year old. My life had no direction, I was depressed, completely had no self asteem whatsoever. I was a nobody, nothing, just an insignificant being with no purpose, nothing to give, no reason to live. I was close, oh so close to ending it all. Then in my living room I  decided to take in one final football match on Sky before I took to plunge into the eternal abyss. Then in that match I saw HIM. I thought to myself "Who is this God like being, with  the glowing orange rays of hope emanating from his head?" It was Gary Doherty and from that moment I felt that life was worth living again, that there was hope for me and all of us. My faith in all things great and good were restored, just at one glimpse of that statuesque figure of a man reeling off in celebration after his heroic equaliser at St James Park and my life felt complete. I owe my entire life to Gary Doherty, he is truly the greatest human being alive. Any Manchester City scouts who may or may be reading this, please refrain from throwing £50million pounds at us, we can''t afford to leave this prophet for all things great and good. (thats £50million, you wont regret it!)

Remember other clubs may be watching.

What Man City are missing is a Ginger Pele. Come on Mr Hughes get your cheque book out and sign the Doc to give you the Prem Title.

Remember... By having Doc in your team this will increase the value of your other players! Spend 2mil on Doc, watch your others players values increase by 2mil each!

Like Franz Beckenbauer, Doherty is a versatile player who started out as a forward, whereas the former began his career as a midfielder, yet both of them made their illustrious names as defenders.It''s clear that Doherty''s role model and inspiration as a kid was Beckenbauer, and it''s a credit to the world of football that the former goes on to inspire generations of young and aspiring centre-backs.  How we have held on to Doherty for so long in the face of complete adversity not only shows how dedicated he is to our club, but also warrants massive praise to the Board members for not succumbing to the constant offers of extreme sums of money from our counterparts in Europe.Alas, after the dismal start to the season and tonight''s defeat, I fear he, and the Board, will finally accept the recent offer from Real Madrid. [:''(][:@]

isnt this thread original, ha ha ha you all are so witty. Please dont let the facts of MOM at exeter and everyone who knows about football last night saying the doc looked ok and the defence looked solid get in the way will you. You never know perhaps some of you may actually realise that without a midfield, remember them we had one a few years ago, the defence is going to struggle game by game