Sign in to follow this  
PhatCanary

Are we in trouble already

However good he is, it''s a huge ask for Lambert to turn this around quickly enough to get us promoted this season.

Still you can''t say he didn''t know what he was getting into, he had a grandstand view of the Colchester game after all.

The most worrying thing is that we haven''t actually played anyone decent yet - only small clubs that will be happy to survive in League 1.

Furthermore, it''s frightening that even the likes of Colchester & Brentford can turn us over very easily.

I hate to think what''ll happen when we come up against some of the better sides in the Division

That''s not actually true, Making Plans - Brentford were always seen as being a decent outside bet for promotion; Col U were also quite fancied for at least a top half finish. That''s not to say that if we were going to do something this season we wouldn''t have hoped to get results against them both, but it is rather too much to say that they would merely be happy to survive this season.

We will certainly play better sides than them in this division, but many many more who aren''t.

Very true Branston, Brentford are one of the better teams in this league. However we are gonna get crucified by Huddy when we play them. Quite glad they spanked Brighton, at least we are no longer the only mugs to get hammered 7-1 in this league!!!!

I agree with you Branston.

Have just returned from Brentford where I witnessed our team leaderless both on and off the pitch.

I am confident that Lambert will turn it around because these lads have not been coached even in the basics.

To all those who have been complaining about the way Gunn was treated - I just hope you were there tonight!!

Yes, in broad agreement with most posters here. We are in a mess, from top to bottom. But we all knew that (well those of us who exist in the real world and don''t appoint people with absolutely no more reason than they thought they deserved the job). We knew it last year, around December time, if not before that we were heading for relegation as a result of years of constant mismanagement.

Now it appears there are small, I repeat small, signs of recovery. We have someone on the board (McNally) who appears not to give a toss about the family club ethics of Delia (keep it family, expectations small, jobs for the boys etc) and wants the club to succeed on the pitch.

Lambert may well turn out to be a great manager. He may well fail. But at least he''s had some experience of managing a team at this level, and more crucially given our current form, below this level and knows what is needed. No one knows if he can achieve the objective this season. Playing to the constraints we have, ie no money (though where is the money from Marshall, Clingan etc?); a thoroughly disillusioned bunch of players with no leaders etc it''s a bit of a task.

I have faith he can at least turn us around. I would rather him than many scary alternatives had Delia been involved in the choices again.

But he needs to act fast. Last night is probably just what most of us expected. We have players who are both not good enough technically and in reality but in their head think they are world beaters. Once the reality of their position here hits home we may see some change. Let''s hope Lambert and his team can sort them out, or another successive relegation beckons.

[quote user="Branston Pickle"]That''s not actually true, Making Plans - Brentford were always seen as being a decent outside bet for promotion; Col U were also quite fancied for at least a top half finish. That''s not to say that if we were going to do something this season we wouldn''t have hoped to get results against them both, but it is rather too much to say that they would merely be happy to survive this season.

We will certainly play better sides than them in this division, but many many more who aren''t.[/quote]

come on branston!!! its colchester and brentford!

Unless Lambert is a miracle worker we are in serious trouble, it doesn''t sound like he''ll have any money to spend and most of the players Gunn has brought in don''t look anywhere near good enough. We may have a manager that could well prove to be decent if he''s backed with some cash but we still have a board including Smith and Jones with no significant money to invest in the club to get us out of this horrible mess. On that point I''m amazed that WAYS post about Smith turning down offers to buy the club hasn''t caused more of a stir. It is she who is at the core of all the problems due to lack of money which is not her fault but if what WAY says is true then to turn down offers to sell the club while dragging it into the mire is despicable, I''m afraid that until she goes we will continue to sink even lower down the ladder.

[quote user="Branston Pickle"]That''s not actually true, Making Plans - Brentford were always seen as being a decent outside bet for promotion; Col U were also quite fancied for at least a top half finish. That''s not to say that if we were going to do something this season we wouldn''t have hoped to get results against them both, but it is rather too much to say that they would merely be happy to survive this season. We will certainly play better sides than them in this division, but many many more who aren''t.[/quote]

I agree with this Branston. A point would have been a decent result at Brentford and I didn''t expect any more. The crime was not trying hard enough to win at Exeter. As for the better sides like Huddersfield, you never know with Norwich do you? Didn''t we put 8 past Wolves last season! We have MK Dons and Leeds away in the next couple of months and the world and his wife[:O] can watch on Sky. Those games will be a huge test of the quality of our players.

[quote user="kdncfc"]Unless Lambert is a miracle worker we are in serious trouble, it doesn''t sound like he''ll have any money to spend and most of the players Gunn has brought in don''t look anywhere near good enough. We may have a manager that could well prove to be decent if he''s backed with some cash but we still have a board including Smith and Jones with no significant money to invest in the club to get us out of this horrible mess. On that point I''m amazed that WAYS post about Smith turning down offers to buy the club hasn''t caused more of a stir. It is she who is at the core of all the problems due to lack of money which is not her fault but if what WAY says is true then to turn down offers to sell the club while dragging it into the mire is despicable, I''m afraid that until she goes we will continue to sink even lower down the ladder.[/quote]

What post?

[quote user="kdncfc"]Unless Lambert is a miracle worker we are in serious trouble, it doesn''t sound like he''ll have any money to spend and most of the players Gunn has brought in don''t look anywhere near good enough. We may have a manager that could well prove to be decent if he''s backed with some cash but we still have a board including Smith and Jones with no significant money to invest in the club to get us out of this horrible mess. On that point I''m amazed that WAYS post about Smith turning down offers to buy the club hasn''t caused more of a stir. It is she who is at the core of all the problems due to lack of money which is not her fault but if what WAY says is true then to turn down offers to sell the club while dragging it into the mire is despicable, I''m afraid that until she goes we will continue to sink even lower down the ladder.[/quote]

Ok this is getting on my nerves, what post did I make?

[quote user="WeAreYellows49"]

Ok this is getting on my nerves, what post did I make?

[/quote]

Apologies WAY, it was CUSDP who made the post which I was referring to. Sorry.

[quote user="WeAreYellows49"]

lol I know i''m getting on a bit now, but there''s nowt wrong with my brain.

Apology accepted [:D]

[/quote]

Wish I could say the same for mine.

[quote user="kdncfc"][quote user="WeAreYellows49"]

lol I know i''m getting on a bit now, but there''s nowt wrong with my brain.

Apology accepted [:D]

[/quote]

Wish I could say the same for mine.

[/quote]

lol nothing wrong with you buddy