Sign in to follow this  
Wooftie

In what area of the pitch do we need to improve the most?

What do you guys think? Is our main problem our slow CBs, Doc &Co. AKA Cruise ships ''r'' us?

Or is it in the Midfield? With OTJ and Gill not performing? And not creating any chances for our front men?

It even could be in our GKs, with our no.1 being a 3 month Loanee, and our no.2 Shipping in 7 against, lets face it, a mediocre Colchester team?

How far do you reckon Gunny''s 12 signings actually improved the squad or do you think Lambert will have to look elsewhere for some much needed quality to the squad?

If this Chinese takeover goes on, and its not all a load of total crap, presumably we would have much needed transfer funds. Who, realistically could we atttract to the team?

Personally I reckon we need some new life breathed into the Defence, with Doc being got rid of, and a new captain being made. But who could that be? We''ve only got 1 or 2 candidates at our club atm, so we may even need to buy one of those!!!

And Finally, last question, What finishing position would you be pleased with Lambert if he achieved it?

I think we need to Sort of something in goal, either an extended deal for Alnwick or a new permanent signing.

Either beg Dejan to stay or loan/sign a new CB.

and then bring Hughes into the first team.

[quote user="Lambo"]I think we need to Sort of something in goal, either an extended deal for Alnwick or a new permanent signing.

and then bring Hughes into the first team.[/quote]There is the biscuit for me, get Gill out of there, and bring in someone with a bit of composure who can play a forward pass.

Ye no problem with the strikers imo if we sort out the midfield and they provide the strikers they will score goals without a doubt. The defence is worrying but i think if its prepared and coached properly then it will do an ok job.

Centre back is our weakest area, altho it is a question in other positions of playing the right players, rather than not having the personnel. If you don''t pick your best 2 centre mids then you deserve to get beat. I bet i could get most of the board o here to agree with me that it should be Hughes and Adeyemi and not OTJ and Gill?

I mean that''s massive isn''t it? To see a game completely different? To have 4 centre mids (5 if you include Russell obviously) and Gunn and Butterworth can''t see the best 2?

I mean Adeyemi and Hughes racked up 4 goals in one half of football, are you lot and myself really the only people who can see this? I must be stupid, because i don''t get it.

[quote user="Downloads"]

Centre back is our weakest area, altho it is a question in other positions of playing the right players, rather than not having the personnel. If you don''t pick your best 2 centre mids then you deserve to get beat. I bet i could get most of the board o here to agree with me that it should be Hughes and Adeyemi and not OTJ and Gill?

I mean that''s massive isn''t it? To see a game completely different? To have 4 centre mids (5 if you include Russell obviously) and Gunn and Butterworth can''t see the best 2?

I mean Adeyemi and Hughes racked up 4 goals in one half of football, are you lot and myself really the only people who can see this? I must be stupid, because i don''t get it.

[/quote]

Adeyemi has bags of potential but at 17 he''s not ready to become a permanent fixture Saturday/Tuesday/Saturday etc.

[quote user="GoldenNugget"][quote user="Lambo"]I think we need to Sort of something in goal, either an extended deal for Alnwick or a new permanent signing.

and then bring Hughes into the first team.[/quote]There is the biscuit for me, get Gill out of there, and bring in someone with a bit of composure who can play a forward pass. [/quote]Hasn''t Hughes just recovered from injury?  I think that might be the excuse for sabotaging the team.

I said that early doors, but if he''s better than OTJ and Gill, what would you do?

He doesn''t look awkward, he looks powerful like Rooney was and he was okay with playing a lot of footy. Some kids body''s develop later, look at Andy Murray, he had a helluva time growing into his body, but i reckon Adeyemi can cope looking at him. I think he should be subbed to preserve him, but maybe once we are ahead, rather than using him as impact.

I definately rate Adeyemi more that OTJ and Gill. However, I''m worried if he becomes a regular name on the team sheet and puts in a few useful performances, that he could be snapped up in January for some rediculously low fee, for someone who has to be one of the hottest English youth talent coming through the ranks now. I think we have the squad of players to challenge in this league, and, although we could do with 1 or 2 quality loans, a CB for definate, that wiht the right coaching and tactical nouse we should be banging those goals in.