Sign in to follow this  
TheGoogler

My first eleven

If I were Lambert, here''s what I''d be looking at for my starting eleven...

Rudd

New RB    Spillane    Askou    Lappin

New RW   Adeyemi   Hughes    Hoolahan

Holt    Maric

I appreciate two more players is a big ask, but I think we need a new right back and a new right winger to offer us a more balanced squad. Right now, we''re stuck with either Semi or Spillane at right back (and I think Spillane should be given a go in central defence) and just Whaley on the right. As much as I like McVeigh, I doubt he is the answer either. Perhaps bring Korey Smith into the team?

Alnwick

Spillane    Dejan    Askou    Wiggins when fit/Drury

Whaley  Adeyemi/TJ   Hughes    Hoolahan

Holt    Maric

I think Holt and Martin wouldn''t work so maybe Maric is worth a try with Holt.

Tudur Jones and Gill just don''t work.

I think TJ should get a chance with Hughes otherwise Adeyemi.

For me Dejan would have to come in for Doherty, i would do everything in my power to keep Dejan and would make him captain.

Drury i think is past it and should be replaced with Wiggins when fit.

Remember this is my first eleven and its unlikely Dejan will be given a chance.

Theo

Spillane Doc Askou Drury

Adeyemi
Gill                        Wes

Whaley                Martin
               Holt

4-3-3 seemed to produce our best results in pre-season against Wigan, Raith, Airdrie & Man U Reserves
I would keep Theo because unlike all you peope in Norwich I live in Sydney & have watched the A-League for the past 5 years and Theo is a class keeper. I agree he was an absolute disgrace against Colchester but he is a class keeper, & his main weapon is his consistency. He''s been given one game & you can''t judge a player on one game.  

[quote user="Slippery"]                Theo

Spillane Doc Askou Drury

Adeyemi

Holt

4-3-3 seemed to produce our best results in pre-season against Wigan, Raith, Airdrie & Man U Reserves
I would keep Theo because unlike all you peope in Norwich I live in Sydney & have watched the A-League for the past 5 years and Theo is a class keeper. I agree he was an absolute disgrace against Colchester but he is a class keeper, & his main weapon is his consistency. He''s been given one game & you can''t judge a player on one game.  
[/quote]

Are you feeling ok?

[quote user="Tookie140"]

Alnwick

Spillane    Dejan    Askou    Wiggins when fit/Drury

Whaley  Adeyemi/TJ   Hughes    Hoolahan

Holt    Maric

[/quote]

I would agree with that 101% with Cody coming on as sub for impact.

If we would have started with this team we would be looking at promotion!

How many of these players were in the starting 11 at the start of the season, 3? This is what got me optomistic, before i realised my 11 were almost completely different to Gunn/Butterworth''s.

"How many of these players were in the starting 11 at the start of the season, 3?"

Er... 6; Spillane, Drury, Whaley, TJ, Hoolahan, Holt.

It depends entirely on what Lambert thinks of the squad. Hopefully he may be able to convince dejan or darrell to stay. Its a very big ask, but they are just wasting their time here. So they may just want to play.

Alnwick

Otsemobor   Spillane   Askou(c)   Lappin

Mcveigh   OTJ   Hughes    Wes

Holt  Maric

Subs : Theo, doc, whaley, gill, adeyemi, cody, martin,   

[quote user="First Jedi"]"How many of these players were in the starting 11 at the start of the season, 3?" Er... 6; Spillane, Drury, Whaley, TJ, Hoolahan, Holt.[/quote]

TJ yes, altho i personally think Adeyemi can''t be dropped, so i should have clarified that. I didn''t think Spillane started in the 11?  Otsemabor, Doc, Nelson and Drury?

So with my not clarifying Adeyemi, i think that makes it 4?  Drury, Whaley, Hoolahan and Holt?

Quite different from what i had hoped the 11 would be, and Wiggins couldn''t have been brought in as he was injured.

Alnwick

Spillane     Doc      Askou      Drury

McVeigh   Adeyemi  Hughes  Hoolahan

Holt         Maric

New buys?

Central and right midfield, pacy striker.

Tookie im fine, its funny cos it''s the truth. look at the sides we put out in pre-season and the results. Makes sense. The Theo thing i know is conrtoversial but you''ve seen him play once, ive seen him play 25 games a year for the last 5 years. I think I have a better opinion on him

[quote user="Slippery"]                Theo

Spillane Doc Askou Drury

Adeyemi

Holt

[/quote]

Totally Agree with your comments about Theo. I do watch the A-league occasionally and have seen him be top. However, if Lambert thinks that Theo doesn''t fit the bill, we need to make a decision soon. Either sign a new one, or play Rudd. We cant have a loanee as our no.1 keeper.

However. with regards to your team, I would rather whack Spillane or Dejan in the center instead of Doc, and but good ''ol Jonny Otsemobor at right back. There is a reason why he was in the league one team of the year when we signed him. He hasn''t become a bad player overnight. Maybe with the right coaching we can give his carrer a kick start. Also maybe with the right CBs as cover he would have the confidence to improve as a player.

[quote user="Brendan"]

It depends entirely on what Lambert thinks of the squad. Hopefully he may be able to convince dejan or darrell to stay. Its a very big ask, but they are just wasting their time here. So they may just want to play.

Alnwick

Otsemobor   Spillane   Askou(c)   Lappin

Mcveigh   OTJ   Hughes    Wes

Holt  Maric

Subs : Theo, doc, whaley, gill, adeyemi, cody, martin,   

[/quote]

i woulnd''t have Otsemebor in first 111

Personally I would go with, at the moment:AlnwickSpillane Doherty Askou DruryWhaley OTJ Hughes HoolahanHolt MacDonaldI would also try to:extend Alnwicks loan to the end of the season.get a new right back in and move Spillane into CD.bring Wiggins in at LB when he gets fit.ship out Otsemobor, Russell, Cureton and possibly also Stefanovic (dependent on likely fitness)Then dependent on funds I would be looking for a leader of men who plays anywhere.pacy players in any/all of the attacking positions.