Sign in to follow this  
Yorkshire  Canary

Why the surprise

We have got off to an awful start but why all the surprise? Forget about the old management team and look who we have brought in. In the main we have brought in Bosman journeymen who individually may slot into a decent side but as a package do not look like the spine of a successful team.Spillane, Mc Vae and Martin played most games in a Lton side that would have finished in the bottom half of league 2 if they had not had the points deduction. Then what of the first choice front pair. cody looks bright but he is a young lad from non league and to suddenly expect him to shoot you 20 goals a season is a bit naive. Holt looks about 2 stone overweight to me and is basically a league 2 player, who is on his day a nuisance. He may bring other players into the game but again i do not see him getting 20 goals a season and i do not think he would make any impression at all in the Champoinship. I feel soryy for  the way Gunn went but lets be brutally honest he was way out of his depth and it was only a matter of when not if. we need to stick with Lambert who has got potential but needs time to stabalise a very shakey ship before moving forward. The harsh reality is we are not going to go up unless some form of miracle happens. With money short and the window nearly closed the best we can expect of Lambert is to get more out of the players we have and in time to bring in some of his own men 

For a start, paragraphs.Secondly, are you even a City fan - "Mc Vae" is not a Norwich player, past or present.Thirdly, none of us are suprised; Lambert had better be ready to step up to the plate, because he''s got alot of work to do turning a bunch of hastily-assembled, average League One players into a promotion winning team. Having said that, I for one am optimistic. I think I back McNally''s judgement and I (purely on instinct) quite like the cut of Lambert''s gib myself.

[quote user="Fernando Derveld"]For a start, paragraphs.Secondly, are you even a City fan - "Mc Vae" is not a Norwich player, past or present.Thirdly, none of us are suprised; Lambert had better be ready to step up to the plate, because he''s got alot of work to do turning a bunch of hastily-assembled, average League One players into a promotion winning team. Having said that, I for one am optimistic. I think I back McNally''s judgement and I (purely on instinct) quite like the cut of Lambert''s gib myself.[/quote]''Alot'' is two words, if you want to split hairs.