Sign in to follow this  
delboycanary

who's job is on the line

At the moment , I think we have a half decent squad of players. I think that our biggest problem now is patience and time. We have a new chief in Mcnally and 5 mins into his realm he sacks a legend who has brought in 12 permanent players and brings in Lambert. Whilst im not against Lambert, the problem here lies with Mcnally. What happens if we go the next 10 games without a win , will he blame gunn for bringing in the wrong players or will he resign from his position for bringing in the wrong manager without looking around at the likes of boothroyd, Atkins etc. Lambert has the opportunity to bring in some loansters if he wishes, my feeling is that he won''t and I dont think he is a big enough name in the game to be able to get any either.

no disrespect to Lambert but i think you''re right in hindsight the reason players come here seem to be about the club, and how ''big it is'' and how good the training facilities are etc, there''s no mention of the manager.

An anology maybe would be you want to go and work at a supermarket, because you just like working in supermarkets lol, you don''t work there because Mr A.N. Other is manager you work there because that''s what you enjoy.

[quote user="delboycanary"]At the moment , I think we have a half decent squad of players. I think that our biggest problem now is patience and time. We have a new chief in Mcnally and 5 mins into his realm he sacks a legend who has brought in 12 permanent players and brings in Lambert. Whilst im not against Lambert, the problem here lies with Mcnally. What happens if we go the next 10 games without a win , will he blame gunn for bringing in the wrong players or will he resign from his position for bringing in the wrong manager without looking around at the likes of boothroyd, Atkins etc. Lambert has the opportunity to bring in some loansters if he wishes, my feeling is that he won''t and I dont think he is a big enough name in the game to be able to get any either.[/quote]

Well if we don''t win the next 10 matches it''ll of course be Lambert''s fault, but you have to remember he is constrained in what he can do by the utter shambles that went on over the summer - firstly with the outgoing board giving a begging Gunn and co the managerial positions to run the first team, and then to sanction the signing of 12 players, many of whom are already looking like a complete and utter waste of wages on long contracts (Gill, Theokilteris, Tudor-Jones, Whalley, Nelson) - money we can''t afford to waste. So once again we''re stuck needing a squad overhaul, or Lambert is going to get 11 of them playing as a unit and producing results. If we need a squad overhaul, we could be down here for 3 years. And all because of Smith and the board not doing the right thing and getting shot of Gunn at the end of last season.