Sign in to follow this  
olster

Gill/Hughes

Just wondered how long we can keep Hughes on the bench?    I went to the game last night at Brentford,  and it was the worst midfield performance, I have seen for a long time from Norwich....    Gill looks very poor to me,   the central midfield pair did not appear to give the defence any protection....   Also they did not offer any sort of creativity! 

Does anyone think Lambert will have any money available to make purchases? 

I think your right there, Gill is a poor player, i also think the first signing Lambert will make will be a captain as we certainly need a leader out there!

Matty Gill is absolutely woeful, it amazes me that after being taken off injured at Yeovil with the score 0 - 0 and replaced by Stephen Hughes we were transformed into a positive side and go on to win 4 - 0 , he is then put back in the team by Butterworth for the games at Exeter and Brentford.

I believe this decision has cost City five valuable league points.

Now we have a manager who knows a thing or two about football I am sure Hughes will become a regular in our side and performances will improve no end

Hughes has played in the Scottish Premier and for Leicester City. Gill has been playing for Exeter in the Conference and League 2. It doesn''t take a genius to think which of the two players is the better technically at playing football. Sadly Gunn and Butterworth were far from being geniuses.

having played in cenrtal midfield at a reasonable level i was always told to win the ball play it wide or forward if not go forward myself this is norwich''s problem not since the days of francis has any of our central mids taken it on themselves seems so much easier to pass it sideways and backwards hence the problem of getting the ball to our front men other than route one just when you though it couldnt get much worst it did last nite