Sign in to follow this  
canarytim

Man In The Stand -best keeper

chris woods for me followed by kevin keelan...worst clive baker or roger hansbury oh and some australian chap whats his name !

[quote user="kye5"]chris woods for me followed by kevin keelan...worst clive baker or roger hansbury oh and some australian chap whats his name ![/quote]

How can you have forgotten Simon Tracey?! Surely the 2nd worst ever (after that Australian chap).

Gunny was a really good keeper at City but the one and only goalkeeping legend at Carrow road was Kevin Keelan without a shadow of doubt

[quote user="kye5"]chris woods for me followed by kevin keelan...worst clive baker or roger hansbury oh and some australian chap whats his name ![/quote]

Try Peter Vasper or Simon Tracey! Then there was that bloke Sheffield....oh, and I nearly forgot old Judas himself - Andy "Flapper" Marshall.

Keelan for me, great keeper who should have played for England but there were a lot of very good keepers around then (Shilton, Clements, Corrigan), I always enjoyed the way he brought his knee up when he went up to catch the ball - particularly when big  centre forwards were thinking about going up with him ...... didn''t arf put them off.

[quote user="Bungay Canary"]kevin keelan can never remember him making mistakes bit of a poser but great keeper[/quote]

I can remember one or two major howlers, but he was a brilliant keeper. Good right hook too!

[quote user="Beauseant"]

[quote user="Bungay Canary"]kevin keelan can never remember him making mistakes bit of a poser but great keeper[/quote]

I can remember one or two major howlers, but he was a brilliant keeper. Good right hook too!

[/quote]And walked straight off without waiting to see what the man in black was going to decide, if I remember right!And the "innocent" party was the aptly-named Fred Large...

Purple, your memory is spot on. My first match - 1964-ish vs Northampton, the year they were promoted to the old 1st Division, and we just missed out. Pi$$ing with rain. The ball was at the other end and Kev ran out about 30 yards from the Barclay goal and clocked their centre forward. The full house errupted with laughter. Kevin Keelan - now there IS a legend. He always had good banter with the fans. I could go on and on.

[quote user="Grando"]Green was a better keeper than Gunn IMHO.[/quote]I know memory is clouded with age and rules/ tactics have changed but my youthful memory is of KK regularly taking corners/ crosses near the penalty spot. Plus as a shot saver...