Sign in to follow this  
Glenn Foy

Harry Redknapp

Just wondered how highly people rate this guy. I believe he is one of the top 3 managers around in the english game. Granted, he has often had money with the teams he has managed, but I think his record at every club is so good.

Again, he has had money, but he has completely turned it around at that club, when he came in, they had no win in 8 of their first Premier League games, now two wins in two. Wish we had him as our manager at the start of this summer!

[quote user="Glenn Foy"]Just wondered how highly people rate this guy. I believe he is one of the top 3 managers around in the english game. Granted, he has often had money with the teams he has managed, but I think his record at every club is so good.

Again, he has had money, but he has completely turned it around at that club, when he came in, they had no win in 8 of their first Premier League games, now two wins in two. Wish we had him as our manager at the start of this summer![/quote]

By that club i mean tottenham....

[quote user="bristol_canary"]crap post mate.we would have no chance of getting harry as our gaffer. maybe after the chinese takeover in the next few weeks[/quote]

"crap post mate" - lol, an honest opinion. Yeah I mean I wish, I know we would never get him. Just really rate him that''s all.

He knows his stuff but just about every club he has ever been at ends up in trouble. He seems to have a magic gift for getting Chairment to part with money that they can''t afford!It will be interesting to see how it all works out at Spurs.

Lost respect for him going to Spurs.Hes always been the under dog manager, granted Spurs are not anything worth raving about .... but i kinda liked what he had done at Pompey.I would have loved to seen him as England boss to be honest

Wouldn''t have described him as a manager who''s always had a lot of money to throw around on players (prior to Tottenham that is).

Thought he did a cracking job at West Ham keeping them in the Prem when they were a much poorer club compared to the rest. Always wheeled and dealed.

Harry Redknapp seems to have the best PR men in football. He''s a good manager, little more. Always has money to spend, a loyal friend to fleet street and red top hacks, and passes the buck whenever things don''t go his way. Would not like him as England manager. He''d drop the ball as soon as he realises he can''t play Africans.

He is a good manager in my opinion but does seem to leave clubs in the brown stuff when he leaves and in the last few years he has had alot of money to spend. I mean in my opinion alot of the reason Portsmouth are in such a lot of trouble now is cos of all the money he spent. Without the investment there is no chance they could afford to pay all those players wages they had. They were very succesful for a time but they are now paying the price for it and very heavily. I have no doubt in my mind that they will go down this season and I cant see them coming back up either. I mean as I say he has spent money at Tottenham but so did Ramos and Jol and it all went pear shaped for them and they seem to be playing alwright for him

[quote user="Barnzy"]Who gives a toss ![/quote]

Quite. He also seems to have a knack for leaving clubs in deep financial trouble. Helped finish Soton off and has now done the same for Portsmouth!

I absolutely detest the self-congratulating, buck-passing, droopy-faced, moaning arse.  Why he''s appearing on these boards I''ll never know.  I''d cringe with the BS that comes out of his mouth every game if he was ever our manager, or England''s.  Can''t wait til the game is rid of him.