Sign in to follow this  
Mr. T

Cut them ALL some slack!

Ok, yes we have one of the biggest fanbases in the league (and the league above) but most of them are a joke!

First the players, for those who went to Brentford tell me what exactly was the point of booing are own players? (Gill and Otsemobor). Ok Gill had a poor game but how do you think his own supporters booing him made him feel?

The managment team, people are slating Lambert and co before they have even took 1 game. What exactly is this achieving?? Lambert and co im sure will do a good job here but can you blame them if they don''t hang around? Booing when we go 1-0 down or loose 1-0. our fans Villa''s and Birminghams have to be the worst for that in the country, FICKLE!

And for the KIDS who want to protest, they are probably not old enough to understand but if it wasn''t for Delia we probably wouldn''t have this football club! Yes it would be nice if we had investment but you don''t need to protest about it, if she''s holding out for the most money she can get good for her, wouldn''t you???

Also the chants at the Brentford game, "We want our Norwich back", "Sack the board", just how low can you get? those you are part of this just grow up and think before you act!

[quote user="Hucks is Legend"]

And for the KIDS who want to protest, they are probably not old enough to understand but if it wasn''t for Delia we probably wouldn''t have this football club! Yes it would be nice if we had investment but you don''t need to protest about it, if she''s holding out for the most money she can get good for her, wouldn''t you???

Also the chants at the Brentford game, "We want our Norwich back", "Sack the board", just how low can you get? those you are part of this just grow up and think before you act!

[/quote]A rare piece of sanity.

I agree 100%, I made a similar comment yesterday & got the idiots (probably no older than 13) slating me....very short memories

I can understand fans being annoyed but songs like we want our Norwich back is never going to help. I was there last night and as soon as the first goal went in the mood completely changed.

We have to accept - that''s the players and the fans - that we will go one goal down during the season. This was a decent long throw and a good header. It''s going to happen. It''s how you react to that that''s important. Unfortunately the player''s heads dropped and the fans started singing sack the board and we want our Norwich back.

Ok, yes we have one of the biggest fanbases in the league (and the league above) but most of them are a joke!

First the players, for those who went to Brentford tell me what exactly was the point of booing are own players? (Gill and Otsemobor). Ok Gill had a poor game but how do you think his own supporters booing him made him feel?

The managment team, people are slating Lambert and co before they have even took 1 game. What exactly is this achieving?? Lambert and co im sure will do a good job here but can you blame them if they don''t hang around? Booing when we go 1-0 down or loose 1-0. our fans Villa''s and Birminghams have to be the worst for that in the country, FICKLE!

[/quote]

Ok so we travel all that way, pay 30 pound in tickets, 30 pound train fare and adding food and drink plus petrol money for driving a bit to the station you are looking at a 100 quid. And you have the cheek to tell us we cant say what we think when we are inside, and we cant let the players know when they are a load of crap. If us as fans dont do something then who will? norwich city is a massive and proud club who was once respected through the whole country now were are being formed into the laughing stocks of England because of the muppets at the helm. If players cant show the passion and determination that us as fans do then why should we cheer them off the pitch. Wake up and look on the wider picture.

I was there and to be fair, it was a pretty dire performance on our part, blame that on the manager situation or whatever else you want.

So really, its to be expected that people will be annoyed.

Unfortunately most of us can remember the promotion winning side, when, if we did go a goal behind we all believed that we would still win, I haven''t had that belief for some time and I can understand the frustrations that boil over when we''re playing badly.

But you''re spot on people seem to have short memories and some who sit near me just seem to be waiting for an opportunity to slate one of our players when they''ve been quiet througout the game until a player makes an error, I still remember the booing that Kenton got in one game that put his progress back by several months, and that was when we were doing reasonably well, god knows what it will do to the current crop!

[/quote]What would you prefer?25,000 attendance 50% voicing their opinions or12,500 attendance blinding supporting clapping anything?Truth is, with or without Delia if it wasn''t for full houses the past few years the club would be up shiite creak.

booing is for kids at pantomime''s and old ladies at wrestling but you have to allow people to vent their anger. We want football back at our club.

I did boo when Otsemebor came on to the pitch but it wasn''t because of him even tho i think he is a waste of space. The booing was directed towards the fact that at 2 0 down we substitue a right back for another right back it was a pointless thing to do. Also you wernt there in reference to the we want our Norwich back. The only way that game was like watching Norwich was the yellow shirts. every pass was a lump and every pass was not on target. This is nothing like the passing football we have come to expect.

So before you start making coments about fans getting on players backs just have a think, maybe there is something more to it than first meets the eye.

[/quote]I do agree with most of this - Lambert, now he''s started, and the team, need our full support otherwise we may find that nothing much will be achieved this season and if that happens then things will only continue to get worse. Then what?...Perhaps another new manager, decreasing support, increasing financial pressure, further resignations and so on will probably be the outcome. It''s hard at the moment but it''s our club so lets give it some help when it''s needed. Changes at the top are still needed urgently, but in the mean time, OTBC!

Sack the board etc etc yawn...there is nobody to take over so give it a rest.

The players deserve some of the stick some of them have got when lack of ability is no excuse for lack of effort i will applaude a player if in my opinion he has ran his balls of for the cause but like someone posted earlier i will not clap an inept tactical substitution like Spilliane off and Forest Gump on when we are 2 goals adrift .

Good riddance to Butterworth and co cos between them they would struggle to manage the dog and duck to a victory.

at least having terracing last 3 games has meant we can stand. hopefully people wont mind continuing that at hartlepool and the like. [;)]

If you are winning the majority of games and the team lose one or two giving their all then you cut them some slack.

When they don''t appear interested,have no passion,cannot defend, pass or tackle game after game, then you are entitled - no obliged -  to let them know how you feel. We are the paying customers after all.

Unfortunately after 5 years of mass underachievement and bad decisions by the increasingly clueless and over the hill owners fans are going to be fickle when considering our current struggles and where we have been in the past!

Of course this works against us cause this heaps pressure on the players but when we see Norwich getting beaten by clubs who have crowds that can comfortably fit into the Jarold stand or in Colchesters case the Barclay stand then fans are going to get pi*sed off!

That said I always chuckle to myself when the "sack the board" chants start cause who exactly is above them to sack them!

That said I agree with their opinion which is that Delia and CO need to go!

lf all this slagging players and staff off during matches continues, then it could get messy. These young school boys might end up getting theyre arses kicked by city ''fans,'' there will not be as many police on duty and terracing so beware, cut the crap now!

[quote user="bringbackchippy"]lf all this slagging players and staff off during matches continues, then it could get messy. These young school boys might end up getting theyre arses kicked by city ''fans,'' there will not be as many police on duty and terracing so beware, cut the crap now![/quote]

i agree about some fickle fans who always seem to have to have a ''boo boy''..... even back to the 90''s i can remember fleck getting booed and a fight in the snake pit as pro & anti were at each others throats.... after fleck was iwan roberts / fernando derveld / then more recent players like andy hughes / etuhu / fozzy and semi.

i cant understand it.... booing while playing cannot motivate ronaldo let alone our players

[quote user="bringbackchippy"]lf all this slagging players and staff off during matches continues, then it could get messy. These young school boys might end up getting theyre arses kicked by city ''fans,'' there will not be as many police on duty and terracing so beware, cut the crap now![/quote] don''t be silly. I think you''ll find some of those "school kids " will have the backing of some very unsavoury characters who follow city and can''t wait to see the back of the Suffolk two. That said all this talk of conflict must stop,we all want whats best for city.

[quote] user="Mr McNally''s Alter Ego"]Truth is, with or without Delia if it wasn''t for full houses the past few years the club would be up shiite creak.[/quote]Spot on, Delia saved the club from the brink once however the way she and the people she has employed have run the club in the last 10 years have edged the club back towards that brick.  Without Championship pay and lower costs in tickets, even with 25000 fans every game this club will go into administration.  I''m not condoning people booing our players three games into the season but quite frankly, without us this club would have gone down the pan a long time ago.  So these people have every right to voice their opinions even if it may not help the team and we can disagree with them as much as we want there will always be a few that are never happy and in these troubled times, most will be unhappy.

[quote user="Downloads"]So when are you allowed to vent your frustration?[/quote]

You''re not, you are to sit there like a good little supporter, smile, chant and clap [:D]

[quote user="bringbackchippy"]lm talking about the ''unsavoury characters''[/quote] I doubt it mate and coming from lowestoft I doubt you know these fellas.

I agree see http://www.pinkun.com/cs_pinkun/cs/forums/1811598/ShowPost.aspx How people expect players to start playing better by booing them and making them feel rubbish i''ll never know. Some people really are stupid!

[quote user="Robert Ketts Yellow Army"]I will cut them some slack when they start performing. Until then, let''s all keep the pressure up.[/quote]Pressure on who?The (new) manager? He knows full well that we have serious problems and is hopefully ready to start work on them.The board? We already know they can''t vacate the premises until the economic climate is more favourable.The players, then? I''d suggest fewer players respond to barracking than those who retreat even further into their shells. I was at Brentford and to me the midfield was the chief problem; totally overrun, partly due to the fact the players did not want the ball at their feet for fear of making a mistake.And so I ask, what does "all of us keeping the pressure up", exactly? All fans have a right to express their opinions, and vent their frustration, but after a certain point there has to be a rationale behind it.

[quote user="Fernando Derveld"][quote user="Robert Ketts Yellow Army"]I will cut them some slack when they start performing. Until then, let''s all keep the pressure up.
[/quote]

Pressure on who?

The (new) manager? He knows full well that we have serious problems and is hopefully ready to start work on them.

The board? We already know they can''t vacate the premises until the economic climate is more favourable.

The players, then? I''d suggest fewer players respond to barracking than those who retreat even further into their shells. I was at Brentford and to me the midfield was the chief problem; totally overrun, partly due to the fact the players did not want the ball at their feet for fear of making a mistake.

And so I ask, what does "all of us keeping the pressure up", exactly? All fans have a right to express their opinions, and vent their frustration, but after a certain point there has to be a rationale behind it.

[/quote]

On the players, the management and the board. The ones who are failing to perform

i think norwich fans are now the worst think we have over taken newcastle.

[/quote]

Whilst I would suggest that the level of booing is possibly over the top, people have a right to vent their frustrations.  After all we pay money to support the club and its one of the few times people can pass judgement vocally

That said, it can have a negative effect.  Look at Cureton - 2 seasons ago he hit 14 goals and set up countless other chances for others to score (some taken, some not).  However some fans had decided that he was only any good if he hit 20+ goals and got on his back, and Curo lost all confidence.  Had he not been booed 2 years ago would he have been a better player last year - probably (is it any coincidence that his best spell was onloan to Barnsley?).  Would his contribution have saved us from the drop? - who knows but quite possible

Likewise the other thing that winds me up is the having a go at the ref.  OK there are a FEW decisions where something obvious happens and the officials miss it (Palace''s ''goal'' the other night for one) but the rest of the time, the ref has a split second to make a decision without replays.  So the trip in the area - was it a trip, or did the forward go over without assistance?  Did the ball cross the line?  Would the covering defender have got back or should it be a straight red?  If you''ve got 20000 people all telling you that you play with yourself regularly (!) then you''re more likely to ignore them if youre not sure.  50-50s will go against you.  Possible pens will not be given in your favour - but WILL be given against you.  Its human nature - whilst refs are meant to be neutral (and in the main, are) they will be influenced with whats happening around them - if 20,000 strangers came up to you and called you a useless Bstd would you do them a favour?  Probably not.  I''m not saying people SHOULDNT complain, just think of the way youre doing it. 

[quote user="Fernando Derveld"][quote user="Robert Ketts Yellow Army"]I will cut them some slack when they start performing. Until then, let''s all keep the pressure up.[/quote]Pressure on who?The (new) manager? He knows full well that we have serious problems and is hopefully ready to start work on them.The board? We already know they can''t vacate the premises until the economic climate is more favourable.The players, then? I''d suggest fewer players respond to barracking than those who retreat even further into their shells. I was at Brentford and to me the midfield was the chief problem; totally overrun, partly due to the fact the players did not want the ball at their feet for fear of making a mistake.And so I ask, what does "all of us keeping the pressure up", exactly? All fans have a right to express their opinions, and vent their frustration, but after a certain point there has to be a rationale behind it.[/quote]Well said.  Booing your own players is one of the most pointless, counter-productive activities a fan can partake in, and symptomatic of the frankly horrible, instant-success mentality of football today.  I was at Griffin Park and also overheard some idiots saying "well, that McNally needs to go really, he''s the one that''s ringing all the changes" - as if everything was great before McNally came here, and he''s the one ruining our club by sacking an inept manager who presided over two of the worst moments in the clubs history!  Brentford was always going to be a ''limbo'' game, which we just had to get through, before the dawn of (hopefully) a new, more successful era begins this Saturday.  It felt like the positive steps that have been taken to rescue our ailing club were being written off before Lambert has even taken charge.  One thing is absolutely clear from Tuesday night - player confidence is at an all-time low.  We weren''t that bad in the first half, and it just took one goal and the change in atmosphere from the fans to crush the side.  This is League 1, where I believe most of the players are at a very similar level and it really is elements such as confidence which make the difference - and at this level, the players are maybe a little less thick-skinned, hence why some very talented players never rise higher than League 1.  We seem to have this arrogant "big club" attitude - we were actually

beaten by a good, young footballing side with an excellent coach on

Tuesday, who I think will give most teams a run for their money in this

division, regardless of how big their ground and attendances are. With Lambert now in charge, this is a new era, lets wipe the slate clean, give the man a chance to prove himself, don''t judge him unfairly on what''s gone before, and just get behind the team without any histrionics when things go bad.  Let''s just hope Tuesday night was the end of our five year slump, and Saturday the beginning of our rise back to where we belong.OTBCOTBC