Sign in to follow this  
B-ru

formation

Baring in mind all of the comments I have read on the boards today, I would like to propose a formation for Lambert...

4-5-1

Alnwick

Spillane-Akou-Stefanovic (if fit, Doc if not)-Drury

OTJ and Hughes, With Hoolahoop in front, playing behind Holt/Maric, a tall striker/ target man

Martin on the left and Mc Veigh on the right, Whaley is a bit of a no show so far.

Hoolahan gets free role pulling strings, creating chances

bringing in mcveigh and martin as "extra striker" like Man U do with their wingers and Attacking mids, interchanging and popping up all over the final third.

Would give the two midfielders more flexibiltity on going forward and staying back.

If things aren''t going well, we can then put Martin up front 4-4-2 hoolahan on the left. perhpas bring on cody or cureton...

what do we think?

Hi Spagpen! Exactly the same post on 606 board isn''t there! :P So unless you copied that and didn''t write anything yourself then you are officially spagpen of 606! :) [;)]

Why not try 4-3-1-2 with either Hoolahan or someone else in the supporting striker role?

Worth a pop ay?

I''m not really sure we''ve got the pace and creativity to play with a Man Utd-esque interchangeable front four.  I think your tactical proposals are rather idealistic and not really rooted in reality.

I think after watching two very different Norwich sides play at Brentford (in relation to the two different formations we played), Lambert is probably more likely to experiment with the more successful 4-5-1 / 4-3-3 formation which looked far more promising than the 4-4-2 formation which has done us no favours so far this season. Martin did look dangerous playing on the left and coming inside kind of like Hucks used to. Whilst I can''t fault Holt''s work rate and determination, I would also like to see more of what Maric can do. Also, I''m hoping Lambert will help to fully develop Adeyemi into our best midfielder. He''s definitely got the potential and from what I''ve seen so far this season, the midfield looks pretty flimsy when either he or hughes are not in it. OTJ and Gill definitely isn''t my first choice pairing

I think you are missing something my friend, 4-3-1-2 would therefore suggest a front THREE not four [:^)]

Perhaps we do lack the quality that perhaps Man U have, but the system can work if everyone knows there role.

It will mean having more people in and around the box when forward, midfield will have more bodies when trying to break down play.

The defence will have more protection from the midfield when defending.

With players we currently have, this is a system/formation that i have seen in preseason and has been fiarly effective.

[quote user="Brendan"]I think you are missing something my friend, 4-3-1-2 would therefore suggest a front THREE not four [:^)][/quote]Good point... [:$]Still not entirely sure we''re capable of playing in such a dynamic way with the players we''ve got... Admittedly we need something different, I just think we''d need a bit more pace up front for that system to work. 

Brendan...

one striker (Maric/Holt)

one in the hole (Hoolahan)

Wingers (Martin/McVeigh)

Another point just been raised, what about Lappin... ? Where is he? Bench?

Hmm yes, but maybe a diamond 4-4-2, which allows Hoolahan to be in this "free role" behind the 2 strikers. We may then be lacking defence though :/