Sign in to follow this  
ColUDave

Honest Col U Fan

Thank you Coludave, I think that''s a fair assessment, for what it''s worth I think we should have stuck with Gunn, Lambert [take away the 7 - 1 win] looks lightweight and yet another mistake to add to the Grant/Roeder list of bad appointments. I no longer expect promotion this year, even a top ten place looks beyond us. Best of luck to you and Col Utd

[quote user="Tookie140"]

[quote user="ColUDave"]of course there is some bitterness, wouldn''t you?  But it is also my opinion that it is too big for him.

And, you won''t be back for some of our players - at least not for a year - because just like we did with Hull and Parkinson - an embargo will be agreed.  In terms of tapping up etc here, you are very much on the back foot when it comes to compensation - again just like Hull. 

Also, which players would you want?  Because the chance of Robbie releasing any of our new players (who Lambert signed on minimum 3 years contracts) is extremely remote because we don''t need the cash and his statement shows the level of distain he feels towards PL and McNally.
[/quote]

Can you make us sign a clause tho? 

[/quote]

No but you can''t make a club sign a clause.

[quote user="Camuldonum"][quote user="Tookie140"]

[quote user="ColUDave"]of course there is some bitterness, wouldn''t you?  But it is also my opinion that it is too big for him.And, you won''t be back for some of our players - at least not for a year - because just like we did with Hull and Parkinson - an embargo will be agreed.  In terms of tapping up etc here, you are very much on the back foot when it comes to compensation - again just like Hull.  Also, which players would you want?  Because the chance of Robbie releasing any of our new players (who Lambert signed on minimum 3 years contracts) is extremely remote because we don''t need the cash and his statement shows the level of distain he feels towards PL and McNally.[/quote]

[/quote]

Yes. You signed a clause and then went back on your signed clause

That is why you will pay up. [:P]

[/quote]??? This doesn''t make sense. We have not signed a clause to even go back on yet. As it is, i think any of the players he would have gone for have only just recently been signed. For what it is worth, from an outsider looking at colchester last season, he did a great job there after a terrible start. A lot of you feared you''d go down to L2 until he took over. There were even murmerings of making a late run in for the play offs after an away win at millwall. As for this season, he started pretty darn well i think you''ll agree and he did very well at Wycombe and left them in good shape. Do I think this club will be too big for him no. Do i think Norwich should have got him before the season started? certainly. This has been such a balls up with Gunn and it is likely to cost us big time. Lambert or any other manager has a difficult job on his hands coming here and if he can get NCFC promoted he should be given freedom on the City.

I think Lambert is a bit of an unknown as yet, i''ve not made my mind up, although i''ve not yet made my mind up about McNally either.  Sure he''s shaking things up but until the dust settles we wont really know how good a job he''s done, lets not forget Roeder shook things up a lot at first as well, only he didnt know when to stop shaking!

On a side note I think we''re getting two interesting and varying sets of Col Utd fans on here, those who are happy to debate, regardless of opinion, and those who seem desperate to have a ''big'' hated local rival in the same league and want to encourage a proper rival relationship with ourselves. Not sure we''ll care in two weeks to be honest. 

[quote user="The Chirp"][quote user="Camuldonum"][quote user="Tookie140"]

[quote user="ColUDave"]of course there is some bitterness, wouldn''t you?  But it is also my opinion that it is too big for him.

And, you won''t be back for some of our players - at least not for a year - because just like we did with Hull and Parkinson - an embargo will be agreed.  In terms of tapping up etc here, you are very much on the back foot when it comes to compensation - again just like Hull. 

Also, which players would you want?  Because the chance of Robbie releasing any of our new players (who Lambert signed on minimum 3 years contracts) is extremely remote because we don''t need the cash and his statement shows the level of distain he feels towards PL and McNally.
[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

??? This doesn''t make sense. We have not signed a clause to even go back on yet.

As it is, i think any of the players he would have gone for have only just recently been signed.

For what it is worth, from an outsider looking at colchester last season, he did a great job there after a terrible start. A lot of you feared you''d go down to L2 until he took over.

There were even murmerings of making a late run in for the play offs after an away win at millwall. As for this season, he started pretty darn well i think you''ll agree and he did very well at Wycombe and left them in good shape.

Do I think this club will be too big for him no. Do i think Norwich should have got him before the season started? certainly. This has been such a balls up with Gunn and it is likely to cost us big time. Lambert or any other manager has a difficult job on his hands coming here and if he can get NCFC promoted he should be given freedom on the City.
[/quote]

Don''t know about any of that bollocks but you sent a fax agreeing to our terms re Lambo and then went back on your word.

That I do know.  The faxes exist both ends.

Perhaps the EDP will run a story on this from both sides?

I think not.[:|]

Yeah, to be fair on his behalf, even "happy clappers" like me would be mightily peed off. Ah well its not me this time so i can just say this >>> [:D]

[quote user="Brendan"]Yeah, to be fair on his behalf, even "happy clappers" like me would be mightily peed off. Ah well its not me this time so i can just say this >>> [:D][/quote]

NUMPTY; GET YERSELF LAID SON

Not into hatred this end but I do certainly know you broke the Football League regulations

And that you will have to cough up with more than £350k.

[quote user="Camuldonum"]

PS: He was not your first choice.  Your first choice said thanks but no thanks.

Hopefully Lambo will do well for you but first choice he was not.

Spin?

[/quote]

That''s interesting, it does fit . .  .

Logic said if ,(only if),Gunny was to be sacked then the timing was wrong, it should have been soon after Board meeting after the Colchester match (on Sunday ?). So it would have been if the actual first choice had said "yes" wouldn''t it ? But then, later,the second choice was approached , (on wednesday ?), and Gunny was sacked on the Thursday.

Mmmmm, Seems we have been mislead yet again ![:@]

Not into hatred this end but I do certainly know you broke the Football League regulations

And that you will have to cough up with more than £350k.

[/quote]WHO CARES?!What kind of sad act spends half his life posting on another team''s message board anyway.

PS: He was not your first choice.  Your first choice said thanks but no thanks.

Hopefully Lambo will do well for you but first choice he was not.

Spin?

[/quote]

OK Cam, you''ve got me, I''ll bite. Who was the real first choice? My money would be on Robins. Or maybe Coppell. No, wait, Adkins.

Am I close?

[quote user="Camuldonum"][quote user="The Chirp"][quote user="Camuldonum"][quote user="Tookie140"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

??? This doesn''t make sense. We have not signed a clause to even go back on yet.

As it is, i think any of the players he would have gone for have only just recently been signed.

For what it is worth, from an outsider looking at colchester last season, he did a great job there after a terrible start. A lot of you feared you''d go down to L2 until he took over.

There were even murmerings of making a late run in for the play offs after an away win at millwall. As for this season, he started pretty darn well i think you''ll agree and he did very well at Wycombe and left them in good shape.

Do I think this club will be too big for him no. Do i think Norwich should have got him before the season started? certainly. This has been such a balls up with Gunn and it is likely to cost us big time. Lambert or any other manager has a difficult job on his hands coming here and if he can get NCFC promoted he should be given freedom on the City.
[/quote]

Don''t know about any of that bollocks but you sent a fax agreeing to our terms re Lambo and then went back on your word.

[/quote]

How can we have agreed to Col U`s terms when there was no agreement to release PL or even speak to him?

(Your lot WANTED that clause as stated in the chairmans press statement)

That`s why he resigned.

The terms of compensation will have to be agreed between the clubs or it goes to tribunal.....which it probably will

[quote user="McCanary"][quote user="Camuldonum"][quote user="The Chirp"][quote user="Camuldonum"][quote user="Tookie140"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

How can we have agreed to Col U`s terms when there was no agreement to release PL or even speak to him?

That`s why he resigned.

The terms of compensation will have to be agreed between the clubs or it goes to tribunal.....which it probably will

[/quote]

That''s what I don''t understand, he resigned from the job, so doesn''t that make him a free agent?  I know the legal side of things is totally different in the real world, but in any normal walk of life if you resign then any contract is terminated is it not?

Can someone please explain how it works in the football world.

If what Cam says is true I suspect the first choice was Adkins, because he was strongly linked.

Cam, we may have broken the rules, but it may have been the only way to get Lambert.

By breaking the rules I assume you mean talking to Lambert without permission?

Hopefully everything can be concluded quickly.

[quote user="McCanary"][quote user="Camuldonum"][quote user="The Chirp"][quote user="Camuldonum"][quote user="Tookie140"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

That`s why he resigned.

[/quote]

You need to catch up with the Football League rules.  You broke them.  We gave you permission with written conditions which you accepted and then broke.

Cam,

What conditions? Are you referring to the fact we apointed him as manager while we only had permission to interview? If so surely he wasn''t appointed until he resigned at Colchester?

[quote user="WeAreYellows49"]

That''s what I don''t understand, he resigned from the job, so doesn''t that make him a free agent?  I know the legal side of things is totally different in the real world, but in any normal walk of life if you resign then any contract is terminated is it not?

[/quote]

As football contracts are generallyfixed term, the compensation would generally be based around the cost of paying up the remainder as I understand it. These contracts are drawn up to protect player and club and seem to be exclusive to football....or possibly sports contracts in general

Any other clauses regarding hands off embargo would have to be agreed  BY BOTH CLUBS.

The club can`t enforce a hands off unless it has been agreed by the new club....so Cam is misinformed here. Had Col U released PL for talks etc, they could have agreed at that stage to clauses, but they did not...which is why PL and his crew all resigned.

[quote user="Camuldonum"][quote user="McCanary"][quote user="Camuldonum"][quote user="The Chirp"][quote user="Camuldonum"][quote user="Tookie140"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

That`s why he resigned.

[/quote]

You need to catch up with the Football League rules.  You broke them.  We gave you permission with written conditions which you accepted and then broke.

[/quote]

What rules were broken?  I''d like to have a gander at those rules.

Yes, Cam, we may have broken rules in our approach but at no stage has a hands off been agreed. You refused permission as I understand it?

[quote user="McCanary"][quote user="WeAreYellows49"]

[/quote]

As football contracts are generallyfixed term, the compensation would generally be based around the cost of paying up the remainder as I understand it. These contracts are drawn up to protect player and club and seem to be exclusive to football....or possibly sports contracts in general

Any other clauses regarding hands off embargo would have to be agreed  BY BOTH CLUBS.

The club can`t enforce a hands off unless it has been agreed by the new club....so Cam is misinformed here. Had Col U released PL for talks etc, they could have agreed at that stage to clauses, but they did not...which is why PL and his crew all resigned.

[/quote]

Ahhhh right, thanks for that clear explanation, understand now.

[quote user="WeAreYellows49"][quote user="McCanary"][quote user="WeAreYellows49"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Robbie Cowling released him for talks with a clause to which you agreed.   And then broke your word.

[quote user="Camuldonum"][quote user="WeAreYellows49"][quote user="McCanary"][quote user="WeAreYellows49"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Robbie Cowling released him for talks with a clause to which you agreed.   And then broke your word.

[/quote]

I never break my word, but the club may or may not have done.  So was there a hands off agreement?

http://www.eveningstar.co.uk/content/eveningstar/sport/general/story.aspx?brand=ESTOnline&category=Sport&tBrand=ESTOnline&tCategory=xDefault&itemid=IPED18%20Aug%202009%2012%3A20%3A10%3A223

has the statement made by Cowling.

The content of any agreement to talks is not made clear...but to me the naivety in this from Col U`s chairman beggars belief! Did he really think that if PL went for talks that he would not be offered anything!??

[quote user="McCanary"]

http://www.eveningstar.co.uk/content/eveningstar/sport/general/story.aspx?brand=ESTOnline&category=Sport&tBrand=ESTOnline&tCategory=xDefault&itemid=IPED18%20Aug%202009%2012%3A20%3A10%3A223

The content of any agreement to talks is not made clear...but to me the naivety in this from Col U`s chairman beggars belief! Did he really think that if PL went for talks that he would not be offered anything!??

[/quote]

Hmmm what was they thinking would happen lol?  This bit I found interesting, they gave him permission to talk, but then said that Norwich couldn''t employ him, so why give him permission to talk to us?  Why not just issue a refusal?

Although I was extremely disappointed that he wanted my permission to accept their offer I could also understand his desire to progress to what most would perceive as a bigger club.

“For that reason I agreed to talk with Norwich to see if we could agree reasonable compensation for a manager of Paul''s ability.

“I had a number of conversations with Norwich CEO Dave McNally which resulted in me turning down Norwich''s request for permission to appoint Paul Lambert as their manager.

[quote user="WeAreYellows49"][quote user="McCanary"]

[/quote]

Hmmm what was they thinking would happen lol?  This bit I found interesting, they gave him permission to talk, but then said that Norwich couldn''t employ him, so why give him permission to talk to us?  Why not just issue a refusal?

Although I was extremely disappointed that he wanted my permission to accept their offer I could also understand his desire to progress to what most would perceive as a bigger club.

“For that reason I agreed to talk with Norwich to see if we could agree reasonable compensation for a manager of Paul''s ability.

“I had a number of conversations with Norwich CEO Dave McNally which resulted in me turning down Norwich''s request for permission to appoint Paul Lambert as their manager.

[/quote]

I suppose he may have had one eye on a tribunal ruling that may be more in his favour?

The whole thing is strange to say the least

[quote user="WeAreYellows49"][quote user="Camuldonum"][quote user="WeAreYellows49"][quote user="McCanary"][quote user="WeAreYellows49"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

I never break my word, but the club may or may not have done.  So was there a hands off agreement?

[/quote]

No. You were given permission to talk to him subject to a clause which you agreed and acknowledged.  And Norwich City then ignored that clause. 

That any offer to our employee could only be made provided that the two clubs had agreed compensation IN ADVANCE OF THAT OFFER.