Sign in to follow this  
Pompey_88

3 Games in - 1 point but still Optimistic ?

Lets be honest the first 3 weeks of the season couldnt have gone any worse results wise but now a man at the helm a man our new chief exec wants where do people think we will finish ? Leeds, Charlton and Huddersfield all look very strong and after watching the game on Tuesday we have a lot of work to do.

I feel Leeds and Huddersfield could run away with it with us becoming strong but too inconsistent for top two

5th

It''s still way too early to say what will happen this season.  We could take 3 points or 18 points from the next 6 games, and be at either end of the table.  I''d like to see who Lambert brings in and turfs out before trying to guess where we''ll end up.  But the first month or two won''t be pretty I suspect.

We can do it.. plenty of teams have terrible starts but superb endings to the season.Man Utd never start well...

[quote user="Lineo"]We can do it.. plenty of teams have terrible starts but superb endings to the season.

Man Utd never start well...
[/quote]

Man Utd always come good though! We don''t

i dont think Lambert will over haul the squad, he is a massive fan of hughes tho so hill will definately start on saturday and although wont drop him for saturday the doc will have to improve to keep his place in the team

It will take too long to knock them into shape and/or sign new players to cover weak points.The best I can see is mid-table, or just below.

Not exactly, bit if we can achieve three things which are connected, then a top half position would not be impossible.Three thingsScore more of the the chances we make.No more soft goals given awayConcentration improvedThen, who knows?

[quote user="Destort"]

[quote user="Lineo"]We can do it.. plenty of teams have terrible starts but superb endings to the season.

Man Utd never start well...
[/quote]

Man Utd always come good though! We don''t

[/quote]

That''s the difference isn''t it?  They are a good team, we aren''t lol

Actually on second thoughts, Leeds will walk it, with Mk dons and Huddersfield above us. I say 4th.

I think our next three games are winnable. If we get a decent points haul from them then I would be reasonably confident of challenging for the play-offs at the very least. Dont forget Sunderland won promotion from the Championship a few years ago after Roy Keane took over when they had made a similiarly atrocious start to the season.

I think Mr Lambert will sort the team out quickly and get us playing good attacking football. I reckon we will be Champions with 89 points.  Another open top bus parade around the fine city.