Sign in to follow this  
Viva_Marc_Libbra

Lee Croft Spotted

I saw and spoke to Lee Croft briefly at Cromer Carnival, he looked fitter than he was last season. Seemed a bit shocked at Norwich''s demise, but was certainly pleased to have got out of it. Didn''t seem to disappointed or like he cared which in turn disappointed me, he seemed like one that cared on the pitch, chasing everything. Thenhe realised he might get paid more elsewhere, so buggered off.

Didnt Mark Fotheringham go to Espanyol or something?

Im sorry, but how the hell can he play for them, when i dont see him being even a championship player. Hmmmm......... Many many players bemuse me  

[quote user="Brendan"]

Didnt Mark Fotheringham go to Espanyol or something?

Im sorry, but how the hell can he play for them, when i dont see him being even a championship player. Hmmmm......... Many many players bemuse me  

[/quote]

he had a trial and realised he was sh*t and didnt offer him a contract now at Sheef ytd thoguh on trial

I too can confirm I saw him at Cromer Carnival (not to speak to mind you) standing outside the Wellignton House (?) pub. Must''ve been there with his girlfriend and their family or something. I didn''t see anyone asking for his autograph or anything like that, likewise nobody pointing out to him he couldn''t cross a ball to save his life. 

yehy saw him in the beer gardens at the back of the wellington pub too last nite looking ''lost'' lol ... thort it was him but yeh no one going up to him or anything lol :)

[quote user="Viva_Marc_Libbra"]I saw and spoke to Lee Croft briefly at Cromer Carnival, he looked fitter than he was last season. Seemed a bit shocked at Norwich''s demise, but was certainly pleased to have got out of it. Didn''t seem to disappointed or like he cared which in turn disappointed me, he seemed like one that cared on the pitch, chasing everything. Thenhe realised he might get paid more elsewhere, so buggered off.[/quote]

You have said it all... He cared on the pitch surely thats the most important thing... Being a footballer and playing for a club is a job he then got an offer which was playing in a higher league/more money and took it... You are telling me you wouldnt have done that... It doesnt bother me one bit if an ex player does not care when they have gone as long as they give 110% when here and i think croft did...

Thats the problem with some fans as well as the club we are soft hearted and its good to see a CE with some balls its what we need...  

[quote user="vman"]

[quote user="Viva_Marc_Libbra"]I saw and spoke to Lee Croft briefly at Cromer Carnival, he looked fitter than he was last season. Seemed a bit shocked at Norwich''s demise, but was certainly pleased to have got out of it. Didn''t seem to disappointed or like he cared which in turn disappointed me, he seemed like one that cared on the pitch, chasing everything. Thenhe realised he might get paid more elsewhere, so buggered off.[/quote]

You have said it all... He cared on the pitch surely thats the most important thing... Being a footballer and playing for a club is a job he then got an offer which was playing in a higher league/more money and took it... You are telling me you wouldnt have done that... It doesnt bother me one bit if an ex player does not care when they have gone as long as they give 110% when here and i think croft did...

Thats the problem with some fans as well as the club we are soft hearted and its good to see a CE with some balls its what we need...  

[/quote]

What a player was spotted and it wasn''t in Asda! [;)]

Well Crofty gave a lot, but wasn''t as successful as some suggest. Clingan was my player of the season, I don''t mind him moving on because he was a class player, he breaks up the play and can play the ball, something quite irregular in this division. He thought he was better than the club, when infact we kept faith in him, as old fashioned as it sounds. Some people have no loyalty, that is slightly hypocritical after sacking Gunny after a 4-0 victory, but I don''t agree with that decision. I hope Croft struggles, we should really of sold him in January, made 500k-1million, whilst he was on "good form" for someone who makes Jon Ot-semi(pro)abor look accomplished is some achievement.

I don''t understand why any of you think that the players actually give a monkeys about the club its all about the money, they often take the mick out of the fans and things like that, also I know for a fact that the back room staff always have a good laugh at the fans, especially some in the media team.