Sign in to follow this  
morty

The right man?

I''ve thought about it long and hard, and have desperately tried to fight off my usual blind optomism, tried to look at it with an objective point of view, not get carried away etc etc etc.

Under all the objective analysis I can give it I cannot find many negatives with Lambert, that is about as hopeful as I dare get right now. I saw a quote earlier that he wants to carry on where Martin Oneil left off and it kind of got me thinking, could this be it, could he be the man he says he is?

I also analysed what I thought of all our recent managers, as they were appointed, during their reign, and when they were sacked / moved on. And the truth is I don''t know about this guy, maybe I am desperately hoping that he really is "the one" and he won''t turn out to be another Grant, but something in the back of my head says no.

I think what has struck me about the mood on this board (which I think reasonably reflects a wide cross section of views) has been one of acceptance, is it because we are all cautiously hopeful, we think that Gunn was treated badly but in the grand scheme of things this was a good decision?

I don''t know, but what I do know is that I am looking forward to the game on Saturday and shall chant Bryan Gunn''s name with everyone else, and then , once again, step into the unknown!!

On the ball City!

Firstly the Bryan Gunn thing, I think ultimately it was the right decision but just made at a terrible time he should have been given more and yes I will sing his name

But moving on to the more important issue Paul Lambert. If you look as his record at Wycombe and Colchester having a 40% win ratio is a very good one to have, and when he took over Colchester they were in a very simular state to us down near the bottom of the table in October and he turned their fortunes round and it looks like he has built a very good side over the summer and this season only for him to jump ship to us.

So call it false optimism, which I seem to have when anything postive happens to us, I think he could be a shrewd signing as he could be considered an up and coming manager, but I hope he can, and it will probably be slowly turn the clubs fortunes around, but I don''t think he will get us promoted this year, it will be a slow and steady progression

[quote user="Downloads"]Dunno about anyone else, but only a few wins on the bounce and very soon are gonna make me more positive.[/quote]

That would definetly help!! I like teh way Lambert (Or Lamno as some appear to be calling him now) carries himself, I admired him as a player and he has a quiet air of authority about him.

Plus, of course, our new Chief Exec will sack his sorry ass if he doesn''t come up with the goods.