Sign in to follow this  
Web Team - Celia Sutton

Delayed train nightmare...

This pased to me from a Col U Messageboard. Quite good actually.

"National Express East Anglia would like to apologise, but because of a fault on the team, the promotion train scheduled to arrive in Norwich in May will be terminating at Colchester. City fans are advised to await the stopping train to League 2".

well I''m honoured people wanna hear from me!!! obviously I''ll be careful what I say but the engines aren''t particularly reliable, as you would expect from engines that are at least 20 years old and worked on the west coast mainline for many years before we got them! I heard the brake pipe was knackered on one of them, which brilliantly we hired from another firm (EWS freight)!!!oh and the strike justification, sure I can do that. IT WAS NOT JUST ABOUT PAY, the local media reported what they wanted to make it a good story. Telling you all that industrial relations were at an all time low, and the staff were being treated appallingly wouldn''t sell papers now would it?!?!Apologies for the late running of this reply, this was due to awaiting a member of traincrew. (I was working!!!)

I was on it- bit of a nightmare but as i fairly frequently work nights and didn`t have to work at all yesterday it wasn`t such a big deal for me.  Haven`t really recovered yet, although that may have something to do with drinking cider till 6am after the buffet ran out of beer.....

It did provide one of the funniest away-day anecdotes though.  A certain Graham Gooch was on the train and when we first broke down at Ingatstone asked to be let off as he lived nearby.  Due to some ridiculous `elf and safety doctrine he was refused, so said "f**k this" and climbed out through the door window and legged it! [:D]

Re the bloke having a whinge at the police - it was quite funny cos we left him standing on Colchester platform still ranting.  The rest of the train was pretty quiet - no way was there a ''riot'' or anything close to

[quote user="Mr.Carrow"]

I was on it- bit of a nightmare but as i fairly frequently work nights and didn`t have to work at all yesterday it wasn`t such a big deal for me.  Haven`t really recovered yet, although that may have something to do with drinking cider till 6am after the buffet ran out of beer.....

It did provide one of the funniest away-day anecdotes though.  A certain Graham Gooch was on the train and when we first broke down at Ingatstone asked to be let off as he lived nearby.  Due to some ridiculous `elf and safety doctrine he was refused, so said "f**k this" and climbed out through the door window and legged it! [:D]

[/quote]Goooochy! What a swarthy old don!

[quote user="National express striking guard "]well I''m honoured people wanna hear from me!!! obviously I''ll be careful what I say but the engines aren''t particularly reliable, as you would expect from engines that are at least 20 years old and worked on the west coast mainline for many years before we got them! I heard the brake pipe was knackered on one of them, which brilliantly we hired from another firm (EWS freight)!!!oh and the strike justification, sure I can do that. IT WAS NOT JUST ABOUT PAY, the local media reported what they wanted to make it a good story. Telling you all that industrial relations were at an all time low, and the staff were being treated appallingly wouldn''t sell papers now would it?!?!Apologies for the late running of this reply, this was due to awaiting a member of traincrew. (I was working!!!) [/quote]

Get back to work you lazy sod! Stop going on strike all the time! I saw on the news last night that someone said bring back ''One'', arent they the same company as National Express?? I dont think National Express care about football supporters relying on trains, arent they just interested in profits?

Ha ha i had forgotten about goochy. Were you there for the banter with that stupid woman? We moved up the train a bit later on unfortunatly didnt realise she was near us. Litterally the thickest thing i have ever had the unfortune to have to listen to.

[quote user="Delia, really it was nothing."]Ha ha i had forgotten about goochy. Were you there for the banter with that stupid woman? We moved up the train a bit later on unfortunatly didnt realise she was near us. Litterally the thickest thing i have ever had the unfortune to have to listen to.

Delia was on the train too then?